Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Default Polar F4 HRM?

Does anyone here own the Polar F4 heart rate monitor? Opinions? Suggestions?
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I have the Polar F6 heart rate monitor and I LOVE IT! I'm a workout junkie (my diet issue is chocolate)! I wear it all the time even just for fun during the day. It made me so much more aware of my workout intensity and the colories burned according the the watch is much more accurate than the cardio machines. During my workout I try to stay between 150-170 occasionally going higher or lower depending on what I happen to be doing. Sometimes my trainer and I will get it up to about 190 and see how fast it drops in a minute. Every week it also gives you a breakdown of the total time you exercised, calories burned, etc... Anyway I would highly recommend the one I have sorry I don't know anything about the F4 though. Hope I helped a little!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #3  
Meg

I have the Polar F6 also and love it. I imagine the F4 is similar? I went with the F6 because I need one that's coded so it won't pick up the HR of the person next to you wearing a monitor (like in spinning class).

I agree with Bikini Ready that a HR monitor is eye-opening! I never realized how high my HR goes when I lift weights until I wore mine. It's a great way to make a weight workout double as cardio.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

I have the F4 and love it, though I don't use it for any kind of summary purposes over a length of days -- I just want to see my calories burned and heart rate for any particular workout. I also don't work out in a gym, so I didn't need coding.

Every once in a while, it asks me if I'd like to go on a bike ride . . . and recently, it's been showing me what appears to be the flag from a golf hole. It's a funny little devil.
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote