Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default Binge free week April 16

I didn't join in on the last binge free week as it started out (and ended) horribly. I'm hoping that this week I can stay on track and know when to stop eating.
I made sure that this week for groceries I bought foods that were healthy to make and no quick little snacks.

I'm excited.....lets do this
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Kyra, I'm in! I definitely did NOT have a binge-free week last week, so I'm going to have one this week. We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kyra and snowbunny! I AM SOOOOO IN. I always do really well all week long and blow it up on the weekend~pretty typical behaviour, I know. But this weekend I BLEW IT UP...I need to get over to Cyber Purgers and release myself of the guilt, but I'm afraid to admit to some of the crap I ate this weekend. So I'm right with ya'll this week....my schedule looks VERY condusive to going to the gym, staying motivated and on track. Plus some of my "badness" came from being part of a bowling league which ended this past weekend.

So my goal for this week will be to 1) of course stay binge free and 2) come here and post EVERY day, stay accountable, help keep others motivated, gain and give inspiration, and just keep the spirit of this thread up. I notice by around Thursday/Friday we kind of slack off....so let's keep posting!

xoxoxoxoxxox WE CAN DO THIS xoxoxoxoxo
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #4  

YAY! I have buddies to join me It sounds like we all had a pretty bad week last week.... at least we're all in the same boat!

Today I've done really good so far and am super pumped!!! I made some cheesy lasagna stuff (out of a light cookbook) which was awesome!!! It actually makes it easier when you can find yummy recipes that are good for you as well!!!

What are you gals doing as far as exercising? I really should have done more today.....maybe I"ll go walking yet....
Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #5  

Hey ladies. Michelle I'm with you let's post every day and do this!

Kyra I think there is a new exercise challenge thread that someone put up, so people can post their exercise every day. I didn't do anything yesterday because my mom was visiting, but I'm going to go to the gym and do the stairmaster today (I do it for 30 minutes) and do some strength training. I just got back into strength training last week, I actually found a great routine in Glamour magazine of all places. I did it twice last week and am going for 3x this week. It feels good to get back into it, as i'd just been doing cardio maybe 4x per week. I want to start walking outside again but it's still snowy and winter-y up in VT.

Good luck today, I'll try to check in again tonight!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #6  

I hope you can all forgive me..... I messed up a little bit today . Everything was going well until lunch today. I am an extreme emotional eater and was getting super depressed about some stuff that I've been dealing with for awhile... so then came the binge . I'm trying desperately to get on top of this so I don't continue the pattern. I've already exercised and plan to go walking yet this evening. I have no urge to eat right now, I still feel a little sick. Hoping that tommorow I can start over again I hope you girls are doing better than me right now.... keep it up!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #7  

Kyra, don't worry, keep posting here all week... if you get right back on track that's a huge victory! I haven't binged yet, but it was free cone day at Ben and Jerry's (I don;t know if this is a VT thing or if they do it everywhere, but it's a huge deal here!) Anyway, I got my free cone, enjoyed it, and moved on with my day. In the past it probably would have led to me bingeing on more junk but today it was filling and satisfying. I'm pretty happy, even though eating B&J's ice cream isn't the best way to lose weight, I'm learning how to eat things like that in moderation, which is a big deal for me!

Good luck Kyra, you can do it! And MIchelle, how's your week going?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 PM   #8  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Ladies,

I'm joining in today if that's allright. I just ate several (maybe 12) graham crackers with peanut butter and jelly. Those crackers I got as a treat this weekend thinking I would be able to eat them in moderation. Not so. I ate them knowing I was bingeing and knowing I didnt need them but I wanted to finish them and get rid of them. I feel terrible but I'm joining now and if that's the only binge I have this week that will be a victory for me! Tomorrow is a new day.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #9  

Hey Bikini dreader... long time no see jk. Nice to see you've joined us! I hope your day went well!

snowbunny~YAY for you that's awesome that you were able to stop at one cone! You inspired me, today I ate one brownie today and realized that I don't need to keep going, it was very very yummy and even though I knew it wasn't healthy I knew that if I didn't eat anymore food I was still waaaaay better off!!! You are definately on the right track, hang in there!!

Michelle~ How has your week been going? Good or bad we'd like to hear about it okay?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #10  
Bikini Dreader

Well the night is over and I didnt binge although I did have a treat after dinner. Not a huge one but not necessary for survival either. I'm trying to allow treats because the alternative is bingeing for me so I guess this is how people live when they aren't thinking about what they are eating. The only problem is I"m trying to lose weight not maintain. Oh well. One thing at a time. I am happy I didnt binge tonight. I had some little treats after dinner but then stopped at satisfaction!

Kyra: I'm really happy for you that you could enjoy your treat! Victory for both of us!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Helloooo! I KNOW I promised to post every day, but I blame this one on computer malfunctions....but......I've been perfectly binge free all week so far!!! Woohoo! I almost blew it yesterday though...DH got into a bit of a fight and he really hurt my feelings over this, and he wanted me to run out and get him something to eat, and I was so upset, I actually planned where/what I was going to go out and stuff into my face before coming home....but the fight ended up escalating and we just went to bed mad (and hungry on his end) but it turned out we were just over tired and over worked.

But this argument started over this~we were watching some show and part of it was a group talking to a therapist about eating disorders, binge eating particularly, and the therapist asked the group about emotional eating, like when do you eat, and of course the answers came back, when you're happy, sad, angry, everything. And DH says something like "Who eats JUST because they're sad? What does that solve?" And I said, "well I do!" and of course it turned into what do I have in my life to get so SAD over....but it ended with him saying that people who eat when they are depressed "that's just ridiculous"....he's really not very clued in about ED....not that I've officially "come out of the closet" with having one. I just couldn't believe he thought that was "so ridiculous"...

Once one comment rubs you the wrong way, the whole thing snowballs into fights about who takes the garbage out more....LOL we're okay now. And I'm glad I didn't go out and binge last night. Glad to be back on board, now I'll read back and catch up with you guys, hope you're all staying strong!

xoxoxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #12  

Hey ladies, nice work!

Kyra, yay that we both got to have one treat and enjoy it!

Bikini, I need to allow treats too or I'll binge, but I'm also wondering, like you, how that's going to fit into weight loss. Do you count calories? I haven't been as that also leads me to binge.

Michelle, congrats on a great week so far! Glad you and dh are feeling better (and lighter!) today! I think it's REALLY hard for people (guys and girls alike) to understand emotional eating if the don't struggle with it.

Well I'm still binge free, although the weekend is approaching, so I'm a little nervous. But I will stay motivated, keep it up everyone!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #13  
Bikini Dreader

I just wrote a big message and my computer crashed when I was trying to post it. argh.

well I didnt binge or compulsively eat tonight! I ate not even to the point where I could say I was full. Sometimes I will eat and eat until 8 (my cut off time) because I'm filling up for the time I wont be able to eat. Not proud of that but I do sometime. Tonight I just ate some food and then stopped. I felt great about it. Then I went for a walk and got some more veggies and hummus at the grocery store so I have lots of good snacks for the weekend.

Snowbunny: I no longer count calories. I lost weight doing that but found once I hit a plateau, I was so frustrated I started bingeing again. For now I'm just focusing on living live without turning to any disorder to deal with things. that's a big enough task and I'm hoping that since I got this way by bingeing that maybe by not bingeing I will lose the weight? Even if I dont lose the weight and just maintain due to stopping the bingeing thats good for now. This is an important step for me anyway. I think I learned quite a bit with my month long calorie counting anyway, I understand what things have more calories than others and I eat a lot of veggies and fruits to hopefully keep myself at a pretty low calorie intake anyway. I think I will check in every little while just to make sure I'm still on track but for me, the counting is a binge trigger. It's too cut and dry/black and white. I dont need any more reasons to binge.

The weekend will come and go without a binge for all of us. We can do it together. I'm going to treat it like every other day.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #14  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I can't count calories either. I'm just to scatterbrained to keep track. Also, I know when I'm binging. Maybe it's a bit late for me to join in, but since the weekend's the hardest time, I'd like to.

Maybe my binges aren't what some on this forum would say a binge is, but it's keeping me from losing weight, and really I'm gaining overall because of it. I've realized over the last 6 months that I'm an evening eater. I can do good all day, and overall my diet is healthy, but I start snacking in the afternoon and never stop. I tell myself that I'll eat a sensible dinner, but I usually clean my plate, eat the leftovers and then clean my children's plates. And God help me if there's junk food in the house. I have to eat it until it's gone. I last night I ate two waffle cones (without ice cream), then went back for another just because it was the only one left even though I was already full. I also polished off th ice cream with that one, since there wasn't much left anyways. Then I had heartburn and indigestion for an hour. I snuck these in the kitchen...hiding from the kids and my husband, because I didn't want to share or my husband to make fun of me. I used to purge a lot, but it grossed me out to much, so I just hate myself for eating like I do instead.

I really need to get a handle on this. Ughhh...thanks for letting me rant. LOL!
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 PM   #15  
Bikini Dreader

I had a half binge today. ive done worse but Friday nights are tough for me.