Old 04-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat April 16-22

Just thought I'd start us up for the week. DH is home today and tomorrow. Today we're going fishing. Scale was down 2 pounds on Friday...but then up a pound on Saturday. So I'll wait until this week to re-weigh. Then I'll know for sure. Hope you all had a great weekend and I'll try and get back here more often!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #2  

Good Morning. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'm home today having some home repair stuff done (lots of fun!). I'm frustrated with the scale (just completed 3 weeks of Atkins/low carb) but my clothes are fitting slightly better, so I know something is happening. I haven't had the fast loss that I had in past years with Atkins, but I am sticking with it and trying to focus on my increased energy and the fact that I am generally feeling better.

Hope you have fun fishing lady_adnerb!

Julie
LadyJulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im here but struggling. I'll try to get here more often.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  
Philippians 4:13

S/C/G: 239/218/139

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone-
Today is my second day of induction. Yesterday was not bad really. I found that I got full really fast during my meals yesterday, then it took alot longer than usual until I was hungry again. So that's a good thing to me. I hope everyone else is doing great on the plan.
rdhdgrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Don't know if I'm going to stay up this morning,as the weather hit our neck of the woods around 11 Pm with winds hitting 50 MPH along with heavy rains that pattered on our sky lights directly under our bed. The barometer dropped rapidly and my whole back from neck to spine is hurting me. Leo is going to trade me in for a newer model.

We don't have any damage,like trees down or any wires that hit the ground,so we were able to have our morning tea.

Saw the Food Network last night,but was a little disappointed,thought they were going to get out a ward to the best chef. Have of the companies or supermarkets that got the awards I never heard of them.

b-hot oatmeal,with soy milk

l-L/C pizza[recipe] large salad

d-Chicken Florentine[L/C recipe]

Have get to the couche and rest my back ,as it hurting while I sitting at this computer. Well post late when I feeling better

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #6  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

man, that always happens to me... when trying to lose weight the scale fluxuates SO much...DAILY! how do you know the "real" weight.
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 303/303/175

Height: 5'6

im on my 4th day of induction here. headaches are gone! yay! Im feeling great. I splurged and bought a diet coke today lol. woohoo such a little thing. But i love soda! I need to go pick up some diet rite. That stuff is good! i love the peach flavor. Ive noticed my scale fluctuating alot the last few days. I think ill wait till friday to weigh again if i can help it! lol.
Dropzofjupiter29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon, everyone! I am new to the site but I think I'll just jump right in on your weekly chat. Today was my first day back to work since the 6th -- I am a teacher and we had Easter/Spring Break last week. It sure was nice but boy are my feet TIRED this afternoon..I have to get used to standing all day all over again after being off a few days in a row.

Today, I have done much better with plan than I did Saturday and Sunday -- so good that I may as well call today DAy 1 of induction instead of Saturday. Tonite, DH and I are having a big chicken salad with Tyson grilled chicken breast strips, romaine, bacon crumbs (the real stuff!), boiled eggs, cheese and ranch dressing.

Anyway, I am feeling much more motivated this time to stay on the wagon so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is it and I'll soon be able to report to you that I have started re-losing those pounds!

Last edited by ThinMeWantsOut; 04-16-2007 at 06:32 PM.
ThinMeWantsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:06 AM   #9  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning girlies!

Good to see new people posting, this board is great, lots of support here. I had my day of jury duty yesterday and it took all day, until 600pm! I coulnt believe it, that was a 10 hour day. couldnt take my cell phone into the courthouse..i think i went thru separation anxiety! I didnt get picked, i never do. my brother is a corrections officer and that keeps me off the jury every time. Made some off plan choices for lunch. I had to go within walking distance of the courthouse...but i couldve done better...maybe the walk counteracted the carbs???..oh well....back on track today~

ladya - didja catch any fish? i loved fishing when i was growing up..

ladyjulie - feeling better is my guide too, i feel so much better that when i dont lose, i dont stress over it...

RobinW - just come to say hi if nothing else..

rdhd - isnt it great how the hunger subsides? one of the great benefits of lowcarb..

beachb - awww so sorry you are in pain, hope its better today..we had a couple days of horrible winds too, some kinda scary...

nosnah - i hate scale fluctuations too, so i try not to let it get me down, i just concentrate on all the other benefits as well...energy, no heartburn, good sleep, loose clothes...

Dropz - congrats on day 4

Thinme - welcome to the weekly chat! and congrats on day 1!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a good rest Sunday and Monday pampering my back and all the hurtful joints. This morning it just my left hand thumb joint that bothering me.

We haven't been out in two days,and the cabin fever is taking over,have to go out and see the rest of the world.

Its was a depressing afternoon hearing about the shooting in Virginia. Gosh you're not safe anywhere.Hope that all of cyper sisters didn't know anyone involved. Our prayers go out to the poor families that lost a love one.

Welcome to all the new low carbers. You'll find a great group of ladies on this board.

Nos- I try not to weigh myself everyday,but when I do,I usually total the 7 days than divided by 7 and get my average weight.

Drop-The reason you're getting the headaches it that your body is going into detoxing mode. Happy that they stopped, I hated them,fluctuation is going to happen everyday. You must not be concerned pouncing back and forth. Weigh in on Friday,is a good day, that when I get on the scale.

Thin-Your menu looks good, your be down in no time.Know what you mean about standing my sister was a teach for many years,but she now retired. Weekends are always hard Induction or OWL. I think the weekends get to the best of us. Hang in there.

Jae-That sure a long day,you had jury duty. I don't get picked either and to me its a waste of time,when your not picked. Very soon I won't have to go anymore.My back is ok now,but I having problems with my left hand thumb. I have a brace on to keep it from moving.

Have a great one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I've been missing since about Friday. Very stresful time. My dog ate the computer cord and we now have it replaced.

We took my SD that has been denying pregnancy to the Dr. yesterday after a harrowing confrontation. (I found 3 bottles of pills in her junk for Ultram, Lorazepam and Hydrocodone). Anyway, she is 26-28 weeks pregnant and denies having missed a period. We had been asking her frequently if she was pregnant and she kept denying it. She cried and cried as we listened to fetal heart tones and since she in the process of a divorce and her soon to be XH has temporary custody of the other 2 kids, I don't know for sure what will happen from here.

I am sick right now. Fever, Bronchitis, Neck Pain. My Dr. was very concerned about a place on my left arm where I pulled a tick off and it is swollen bigger than a golf ball. So lab work for tick-borne disease was drawn. I was put on different antibiotics. I don't know yet what the lab work showed. I just know that I've felt very run-down for last 2 weeks.

My eating has been totally off-plan Sunday and Monday. I'm trying to get it all back together today. Too sick to really exercise. Temp of 101.2. Dr. scales showed my wt. UP.

Hope everyone else's life is calmer than mine has been lately.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Hi all! I'm not going to stay online long. Just wanted to check in. Fishing was awesome yesterday! Was so nice outside I could have just layed in the boat and sucked up the sun. But I fished and that was fun too. My shoulder (from shoulder to wrist) is bothering me today and makes it hard to type. Add to that the pollen from yesterday and all I want to do is lay down and take a nap....which is where I'm going now.
Don't forget your water!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Brenda, we are taking my 3 yr. old grandson fishing this evening. His very first fishing trip. It should be fun and hopefully he won't end up in the water. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2"

Hello all--I'm just popping in quick, I have to get to class. This week, I thought I did a LOT better with the beer, but cheese and triscuts got the better of me. I'm down to 154. Not so great. In past experiances, I've Lost over 10 lbs in the first two weeks. Now I'm only down 6 plus this time I've been exercising. Sooooo frusterating.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #15  

Lily, Sounds like things are really stressful right now. Hope things calm down a little. One of my daughters and a DIL are both due with babies any day so we are anxiously awaiting their calls. The DIL is overdue but she was 11 days over with the first. Brenda, I can't be in the sun because of the vitamin D and blood calcium problems and I sure miss it. But if staying out of the sun will keep the blood calcium down it's worth it. Last year I even rode the exercise bike in the shade of a tree. We live in the country on a dead end road so not many people see me. ha!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote