South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Good Monday Morning

Maybe I should say good Monday moaning.........I'm working the night shift for a friend and wow................0330 is way too early

Had a houseful of people yesterday for a family gathering and had just a few nibbles, kinda proud of my willpower lately. Finished "faze one" with a loss of 11 pounds. Now I just need to advance carefully.............I get caught here way too often!

I hope to be able to go for a run today, depending on how many zzzzz's I get.

Hope everyone has a happy scale day and a great OP day!

Hugs
Old 04-16-2007, 06:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We have snow! The Girls are delighted but I sure am not! It's a day to stay indoors, light the stove and catch up on reading. I may throw on some soup because it's that kind of day.

It's also the day I go back to Phase I! Yes, I've been the same weight since my March blip and it's time to get it off. Gotta walk the walk not just talk the talk!

Right now it's coffee and dog talk as Lucy is hollering for milk after her breakfast. Since being on TV yesterday, she's a princess!

What's happening with you this morning?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Would you believe most schools around here are either closed or on a delay this morning? And we now have a lakeside home! Even train service is canceled from our town into the city. Did I mention that it's snowing, too?

I need some coffee, then I'll be back.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmmm, the day is looking a little better now that I've had jolt of caffeine.

I'm glad I don't have to go out til later today. The wind is pretty ferocious, I can hear it howling. I should go check on Mom & Dad's house, they're away on vacation right now, and their basement floods a lot. But I'm going to wait another hour or so, there's nothing I can do about it anyway, except to call my brother or Jake to take care of it after work.
So what's everyone doing today? I'm off until I pick the girls up at noon, and tonight is my late night. Lunch will be Carrot Ginger Soup and supper is going to be leftover Pork & Pepper Salad over sauteed cabbage.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:17 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Five inches and still coming down! Don't worry if I'm not around. We've lost power briefly several times. If I have to switch to the generator, I won't have power in here so won't be online.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

I made myself get on the elliptical this morning. Our Murder Mystery Party was fun on Saturday night, all of our guests really got into their parts and had a good time with the game, but I was certainly paying for it yesterday (and ate VERY off plan hangover food to "help"). Too much wine, too much food, too late a bed time! I'll take it though - one rough day is worth a great time with friends.

On my last peek out the window we had flurries, but the snow from Saturday night melted yesterday. What is up with this April weather? I don't need it to be too warm, but no more snow would certainly fit in with my plans! Hope everyone else's weather is improving - no wet basements, no loss of power, etc!

Ally

Old 04-16-2007, 09:26 AM   #7  
Michael Ann 1973

Everyone seems to be saying the same thing...It is too dang cold and yucky to have to go anywhere! Unfortuntately I had to get my butt up and come to work. I actually had to scrape my window We had flooding and cold cold weather all weekend.

My Mom and I moved a bunch of furniture on Saturday in the pouring rain...we were soaked to the bone! We got to my house at about 5:30 and unloaded stuff and were starving. I had to change clothes and Mom had to blow dry...my DH was cracking up at us doing all that moving in the rain. We had tarps, but had to stop twice to re-tie. We got the giggle so bad! We had a ball...My Mom is so awesome! We are the terrible twosome when we get together. I am 33 and she is 53 and we are very close

After we got semi-cleaned up we went to Applebees and ate...we were both so hungry! We had a lovely dinner and then I came home and took a long hot shower...I was frozen to the bone from being wet all day! I put on pj's and my robe and drank hot tea and sat up until after 2!

Yesterday was nice, except for the weather, I got up and went to church and then relaxed all day.

Here I am back at work...Yuck!

Amasam...how did you do the murder mystery dinner? I think that would be really fun to do.

Have a lovely day!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/210.5/150

morning everyone!
i had a really productive weekend. we've been itching to get a closet organizer for our main closet in our bedroom for a while and we finally just went out and got it. also got an overhead light as well and installed that so now we have a lighted closet.
man does it make a world of difference!!! its amazing! it was a ton of work though oh my...we started at 12 pm and didn't finished until 12:30 am saturday.
then sunday we did some spring cleaning. washed the couch coushins did some organizing all the sheets and blankets in the entire house...it was a very busy weekend indeed!
hope everyone is well and i'm shivering here too...fortunately no snow though.
hope you all have a nice day and i've always wanted to go to a murder mystery party lucky!!! that sounds like soooo much fun
Old 04-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Just a quick post to say that I'm thinking of you all, but we're up against a wall at work and we're super busy. Hope everyone's great!

PS... your kind thoughts would be welcome as aunt flow is here and has bloated me into a whale AND extra hours at work means not great eating. I appreciate it!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #10  
Lauren Elizabeth

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Hello, everyone!

Sounds like the weather sucks in a lot of places! It is pouring rain/snowing in NYC currently. I have the day off, so I will probably not leave my apartment for anything (even though I am out of Natural PB...one of my staples).

Speaking of Natural PB, I baked Phase 1 peanut butter cookies last night with Splenda and an egg added to the PB. They are quite good and I stuck to the recommendation of having just 2 cookies per day. I wonder how many calories are in each one...

Anyway, it's Day 6 of Phase 1 and I am very pleased with my willpower so far, especially considering that I work in a restaurant where i am surrounded by delicious and evil foods all the time! (knocking on wood) My cravings are not very intense, and planning my meals a day ahead of time or so really helps! I'm off to make an egg-white, tomato, ham, onion, and goat cheese omelete (threw these ingredients together yesterday for the first time and it turned out GREAT!)

btw....i am enthralled by these smilies...they are so fun!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Well, I am definitely staying indoors today. The plough just did the road and the end of my lane has a 3 foot snowbank! I refuse to shovel so it can just melt! It's still snowing too! At least the power has stayed on with just the odd outage. I really don't want to trudge through the stuff and start the generator!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Ruth - DH would agree with you about letting it melt. He has put the shovel/salt away twice and I keep making him get it back out. He told me no more!

Sunnybunny - We had a boxed Murder Mystery Game - Wine and Murder - it inlcuded invitations, stories about the characters, placecards, a CD, instructions, etc. All I had to do was read the instructions, send the invites (telling my guests which character they would play), decorate and make the food. It gave a couple of suggestions for the food - sit down, casual, apps only - I picked what I wanted, and added in a few more things.
Menu (not all on plan!) :
Apps
Goat cheese tart
shrimp cocktail
cheese dip w/ triscuits
olives
grapes
devilied eggs (brought by a friend)
Main
steak bites w/spicy montreal seasoning
mini salads in Tostitos scoops
asparagus wrapped in proscuitto
whole grain bread
dessert
poached pears
biscotti
coffee with baileys
port
Wine
the plan was two box wines - pinot grigio and shiraz - plus, the liquers for dessert. I should have known guests would bring wine and we have too much on hand and ended up drinking WAY more than planned! but, it was still fun!

Ally
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #13  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Good afternoon ladies!

Sorry that I wasn't around this weekend. I ate well during the day but at night I ended up drinking which is a no-no on P1.

Today hasn't been great so far. I got up early and flew to DC. Fortunately I am only here until Wednesday. This weekend I have a trip to South Beach planned with some of my girlfriends for a bachelorette party. It should be a blast. I need to get my willpower together!

I managed to gain weight and go up to my highest weight yet. I am now 208. Not good after a week of eating better/less than I normally do. I think that I have overdone it with salty foods lately and maybe that is playing some sort of a role. This week I vow to follow the plan more closely. Today I have already gone off plan but I am jumping right back into it after I finish my lunch (Subway, not too bad).

It sounds like everyone had a great weekend. I am glad that people are surviving the weather events up north.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #14  

I'm finding it hard to concentrate on work when I really just want to prepare for Wood Badge. Luckily work has been slow today so I'm able to do some preparation. I need to start calling my patrol members tonight to make sure they will be arriving on time and see if they have any questions.

I have a beading ceremony tonight where the last member of the patrol from my Wood Badge course will graduate (get his beads). It should be exciting. He's 71 and we're really been pulling for him to graduate.

My eating wasn't so great over the weekend but I'm totally OP today (phase 2). I will probably do phase 1 again after I finish Wood Badge but during Wood badge, I have no control over the food that is served so I can just make the best choices possible. I'm sure I burned some calories yesterday setting up tents and doing lots of other preparation.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default WOWZER weight is down again this week,super happy

Very very happy about my 6lb.weight loss this week geez it's almost scary to me..I keep expecting to really mess up,and I keep losing...believe me I'm not complaining..I was especially worried when I went to phase 2 that I'd screw it up..but I'm doing okay..and at my lowest weight in a few yrs. GEE-WHIZ..CAN WE HAVE A PARTY? Maybe my body is finially trying to tell me i'm on the 'right' diet for me. and boyOboy does that ever feel good inside. Thanks for being here and allowing me to share my good news.
Sorry to hear about all your snow,and krappy weather girls..we have rain,which the weather people have different words for...RAIN,DRIZZLE,SHOWERS,AND HEAVY RAIN..It can be really depressing,and some people in the very nice NW get that sunshine deficiency..and have to take the sun lamp routine,and vit D..Sunshine is such an important component to feeling good.
I did want to get into more excercise this last week,but I didn't. I want to work on that addition. I did start some stretching,and I walked the dog a few days,but need to step it up..I use the rain alot as my excuse.. but it doesn't rain in the house does it(I say to myself)...One good tape that I like is the Leslie Sansone tape called (something like) Walk a mile,it's standing excercise you can do with weights,or not. At first i thought it was kind of lame,but I can really work up a sweat after one mile. She also has the two and three mile version. So 'choices'..(talking to self again)rain is just an excuse..and boy am I good at those! Take care girls..we are so worth all of this effort..I believe that. Choices~
Closed Thread