Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #1  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Default To My Maintainace Marvel's!!

I've been reading you All for so long! Ocassionally posting howdie-do's along with .. "How do you do..." questions. But today, today I am here to tell you that I am doing it!! I am living it!! And...

It's official... I'm back into regular Lady sizes on 2 continents!!!

It had occured to me last night as I was watching a marathon of America's Next Top Model year 2005, that the last time I weighed this much I was a size 14.

And let me tell you ladies... I've been pretty intimidated to even look at a size 14 since I have come back to the States. They all looked to small but thats not the only reason. The other being that this Was my "high end" size back in the aka... Day. My warning ifn you know what I mean. (At my skinniest pre-children..8-10... what I felt was normal.. 10-12.. high watch it.. 13-14)

So I tell myself... "Okies take a peek online at Wal-Mart and see what they have to offer in Jeans. " And I see Rider's has these new "Slim Fit" jeans.. tummy control panel or something or other, and I think WoW cool. But I refuse to do this, to purchase something like that. It felt like cheating. Nor was I going to buy "Stretch" jeans. I didnt want something to keep me in place or to give me leeway. I want my size to be my size, to be my size. No cheats, no help from the manufacturer. I dont mind relaxed fit or ease fit... because we women do change with time. And I am Good with that!! I like being curvy, seductive..

Anyhoo with those specefics in mind I head out. And I am back here to report ... With tears in my eyes and a tremoring hand...I slid, very comfortably into a size 14! The adorable lil sales girl even ran back to grab a 12 of those no-no tummy control jeans.. ~laughing~ Fortunately all they had in that style was petetite's.. and I deffinately need Long.

I am so thrilled and sooooo excited!! but do you know what I really am??!!??

2 sizes from being 2 sexy!!! SHUT UP!!

This morning Mr. Mann and I went to stores in Austria to see what size I would be in ifn I was there... And yesssssssss, its true... I am in girlie sizes there too!!

This is the boost I needed! I know come June/July I Can and Will be back in my comfort zone!

Its MAINTAINACE TIME!!

Thank you for showing me it can be done!!

Sincerely,

Sassy
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #2  
Meg

Sassy! You just made my gloomy, rainy Sunday a whole lot brighter.

Now that you're in regular sizes, you can become a clothes junkie like the rest of us -- just check out our Spring Clothes Shopping thread.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Congrats sassy

I just wanted to make a comment about pants with stretch. I think it probably holds true with misses sizes as well but depending on your figure, pants with stretch may be a better fit. I've bought regular pants and stretch pants but I always think I look horrid in my non stretch pants. Mostly because they are too big in some places and tight in others. I always think of stretch pants as a way to get a more tailored look by cheating

Again, I'm not sure if this will hold true as I continue to lose weight. Will regular (non stretch) pants start to look good on me and be able to maintain their shape throughout the day? Only time will tell.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #4  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Good for you! Isn't it great?
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote