Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default I just had a revelation ....

while reading another post I was talking about my inner fat girl wanting something ( milky way egg) but my thinner self would freak out if I did eat it.

Does this make me mental? Or are there people here who have split *food* personalities? Its like I fight with myself alllll the time.. part of me is the saying.. "eat it, you know you want it" and then the other part of me is literally freaking at the meer thought that I might eat it. Best way to describe it.. I guess is .. its almost like the when you have been drinking and you do something things that *at the time* seem like a good idea, and then when you sober up you are horrified at what you have done.. yeah .. well.. its like that with food. That $#it cant be normal... wow..
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #2  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

There are definitely times when I feel more vunerable when it comes to food. If I eat more protein and fiber and I have enough fat (we all need SOME!), I seem to be better able to thwart the food demons!
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #3  
Ready for a better life!

Hi Ready,
You're completely normal, I think, cause I'm the exact same way. The war goes on daily. So far, the side of the angels are winning!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #4  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

I absolutely think this way.. I often find my "thin" cary... side talking to the "fat" cary side and vice versa.. Mostly I tell my fat cary side how much the thin cary side will appreciate how much fat cary has managed to do for the future thin cary.. I have a very indulgent side..I have decided this trait came about from simply neglecting to love and care for myself. I have learned if I don't keep her well taken care of (pampered even) she turns to food...

future cary will be a pampered queen.. I am learning just how to do it, one step at a time..
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hmmm. I never thought of it that way. Split food personalities. Sounds like you're on to something. There are times when I am so darn strong and nothing even TEMPTS me. And other times I want what I want soooo badly, nothing seems to appease it and the good foodie takes over and won't allow me to stray and then other times the bad foodie in me takes over simply knocking out the good foodie. *sigh*
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Nope you are not alone althought there are days when i loose the battle but I win more often than not. So if you are crazy there ae alot of us that will be joining you in the looney bin. lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, gosh, I do this all the time! I try to rationalize why the item that I want should be consumed. Things like, 'it's only xxx calories and it will fit into my daily total'... But then I think, 'well, if I don't have it I'll save those calories and my scale will reward me in the morning'. Right now, it's the same old, 'do I want a glass of wine when I get home? Yes, because it helps pass the time while I'm cooking dinner. Can I afford the extra 120 calories? Yes, because I've eaten OP all day and my dinner is going to be fairly light. Should I drink it? No, because I know that if I do, then my scale will not budge in the morning'.

Gah! But I still WANT it!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #8  

you are definitely not mental...and if you are, then i guess we all must be mental too
I just had a "fight" with myself over some sweets and the inner dialogue makes me think im crazy, but i figure that we all just have to learn to listen to the right or "thinner" voice. After you're done dieting to lose weight and need to start maintaining, hopefully you'll know where right and wrong is. maybe a little mental is not so bad huh?
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #9  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

You are not alone. I even talk out loud to myself.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

The devil on my left shoulder beat the crap out of the angel on my right shoulder today. .
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:59 AM   #11  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

The only thing that keeps me from going astray is the forethought of how horrible I will feel AFTER I eat the *whatever it is* I shouldnt be eatting. I was telling my friend about this earlier and she thinks Im psycho. Shes like... "why do you do that to yourself,.... why?" I was like I dont know.. I have a problem with food. Its a love hate relationship, truly. At least all of you think I am sane Im ok with that lol
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I do the same thing!!! Only my devil wins out alot. But he's not a bad guy. He only makes me eat a little of my bad foods. He eats chocolate fudge ice cream, but not even a whole serving. But yes....I debate in my head when someone brings donuts in the office. Should i get one or should i not. If i do get one, should i eat the whole thing, or just half?? It's tough. you're not mental. if you are, we all are!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote