Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default THIN WANNABEE'S WEEKLY CHIT-CHAT (April 16 - April 22)

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #2  
CJ

Welcome everyone to a new week here in The Thin Wannabees! Hope we all have a really week and let's LOSE LOSE LOSE!!!

Sharon: I'm sure by now Tracey has had Tyler? How is she doing? Hope all went well!

Well, sorry to post short but have to get ready for Curves - then walking at the Sportsplex! Watch later for a new Challenge thread - probably a summer one.

OK girls - let's CHIT-CHAT!!!

Later....
Love, CJ
Old 04-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HEY CJ!! Congratulations on your 100 miles!! That is awesome! I didn't make my Easter goal eithere---- missed it by 2 pounds! But 8 pounds is still OK. I'll be back to chat later. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/202/185

Height: 5"4'

Hooray for CJ!!!!! 100 miles is great!!! I don't know what that is in kilometeres but I know its alot.

Perhaps I will take some of your determination away with me today. I need something to kick start my exercise program....I have not been doing anything lately. I want to get out and walk or ride the bike that is sitting in the basement gathering dust. But the weather has not co-operated with me much. ( I know its a good excuse) Here on the east coast of Canada we are still digging out from an Easter snow storm. How depressing, hopefully it will all be gone in a few days and I will feel the urge to exercise.

Easter was actually not to bad for me. I did have a bad day that I ate a lot of the wrong things. I did not feel good for doing it and I did not use it as an excuse to stop all my efforts. I am sure that its ok to have a day like that once in a while. It does take so much effort and control to eat right all the time.

I asked my bf last night if he would like it if I were skinny....he replied that I would never be skinny unless I get serious about losing weight. I was hurt by that remark. I am serious. I am very serious. I want to lose weight, I want to be healthy. I have made some very good choices lately and I did not appreciate that. I am not sure what he means my serious. The only thing I can add too my plan to lose weight is to exercise. I just have to find my motivation. For now I am concentrating on making the right food choices. So far it is working. I am losing some weight and I am not feeling like I am missing out on much. But I do have my days.

It does help me to know that you guys are working hard too. I am not alone in this. That makes it a bit easier to go on. Perhaps one of these days I will be one of the sucess stories. I dont expect it to come off overnight, because I did not put it on overnight.

Thanks for listening.

Dallas
girlontheloose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Finally he is here!

Hi all,
Well I am on cloud 9. with the birth of my 1st Grandchild, Tyler. He was born on Easter Sunday, April 8th and on the birthday of my son, and his Uncle Alan. Ironically, Easter was the day that my daughter, Tracy and her husband, Brett became engaged. He had put her ring in one of her plastic eggs in her Easter basket. So how wonderful that he was born on that memorable day. Easter will always have a special day for them now.

He weighed in at 9 lbs, 6 Oz's and is 21 1/2 inches long. He has black hair, blue eyes and is absolutely beautiful. The best part is that I was able to be in the labor room with my daughter and her husband, along with Brett's Mom, the other Grandma too. I was lucky enough to be right alongside her doctor, the wonderful lady that delivered him. I got to help with her feet, and relieved Brett so he could move right next to her to count and encourage her. We were in there for at least 2 hours, poor thing was so tired I could tell, but she wouldn't give up and was a trooper. I guess all that Air Force training really paid off big time. I was very proud of her, how well she did. It was so amazing to see that little one born, it was amazing and I will carry that memory always in my mind. I really feel a bond with him and I love to just look at him and when I hold him and he looks up at me with those trusting eyes I can't believe how much I love that baby. Everyone told me that there is nothing like being a Grandmother, so now I will find out and look forward to being a part of his life for hopefully a long time.

I am in Illinois for a week or so to help her out, she wanted me to be here as did her husband too. They are so appreciative and keep telling me that all the time. They came home today with the baby and I got the house ready for them and she was happy. I had tried to do some things these past couple of days, but when I would go home she would call me and want me to come back to the hospital, so I would go back. She said she needed her Mommy, it is nice to be needed. I am not sure how long I will be here, I will leave it open and play it by ear. Dallas,Kim, karen and CJ and anyone else that posted, I will post again soon and address everyone personally. I have to run to the babies our us with Brett for some things for Tyler. Oh boy, the fun begins now doesn't it? We may have some sleepless nights, but it is great to be a part of it all. Life is beautiful isn't it?

I love you guys, will talk to you later, Love you, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 04-10-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #6  

Ah Sassy, I was just reading your last post - Congratulations Girl !!
I too am to be a grandma in late Aug. Just found out "we're" having a boy!
Yea, we are a little excited around here.
Girl on the loose - That was terrible about the bf. Hang in there and you will show him just how serious you really are.
I am from the south and all we ever get are threats of snow flurries. However, we did get a cold snap (we call it the Easter cold snap) which has hurt the peaches. Now it is warming up nicely. I too am exercising and need a group to help encourage and hold me accountable. I am looking forward to sharing with you all. Ok, tomorrow is a new day, a new start. I plan to start out on my food program and get in some kind of exercise. (I have a sister in law who walks around the house when she talks on the phone. She talks a lot, therefore she walks a lot and she is a thin-ee.) ha, just thought I would throw that in. Have a great day on Thursday - successful in every way!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #7  

Hi all,
Just a report, our little just born Grandson, Tyler had to go to the hospital yesterday as he was really jauniced. They found that he was when went in to the hospital for a checkup. My poor daughter just hated to leave him there when she just had him on Sunday, but decided to put his needs against what she wanted and was a true Mom and did what was right for him. She asked me what I thought and I told her she just had to put him first and she did. I am proud of her, that's what Mothers do. We got to bring him home today so we are all happy to have that little cutie back home again.

I am still staying with Tracy and her husband and I guess her husband has ordered me stay another week at least he said. They said I have been a big help, doing whatever is needed and to lend a hand to baby Tyler. She can't drive for a week so I have been her chauffer as well, taking her to various places she needed to go on base to make him officially a dependant of her and her husband, Brett. I am enjoying myself so far, it has been such a pleasure to hold the baby, feed him, yes, even change him and give him a bath. I have really loved spending time with her and y beautiful Grandson too. Tracy is off from her work at the Air Force Base for 9 weeks, so that will give her lots of time to be with him and enjoy him too. My husband, Ken came today from Indiana to be with us in Illinois for the weekend, guess I will send him home without me for another week than he will have to come and get me next week again too. Oh well at least it is only a 4 hour drive, not too bad, but what are you going to do. Fortunately he loves to drive and will not complain-I hope!

elizbennett-Thanks for the well wishes about my new Grandson. I am am loving being one and congratulations to you as well. Isn't that neat that we both are are or will be Grandmothers, and both of them babies are boys too. Wow! Hey is Bennett your last name? Because that is the name of my daughter and her hubby too. I thought that your name was Eliz Bennett, thus the name. Am I right?

CJ-Hi Cj-So now you know Tracy had the baby. I sent you some emails and the lastest one had some pictures too. I have my camera here and Ken was in Indiana and said he would dump them on the computer so when I have some more you will get them. Yes, start the new summer challenge, that would be great. i need something about now, I have been doing crappy lately. With everything going on, no Weight Watchers, no Curves or paying too much attention to what I am doing. I am trying somewhat, but really am out of my routine lately. So start it and I will join in too. Good job still with the walking, I am proud of you girlfriend!

Dallas-Wow and Easter snow storm? Oh my! Boy, you and me are in the same boat I think. I too am stuck in this rut with being over here at my daughters, but we can do this together. Let's do it together. We can all help each other and cheer one another on. WE CAN DO This!

Karen-You have done well with your 8 pounds, that is nothing to sneeze at I would say. Keep up the good work. You are my inspiration and I hope I can knock off 8 pounds, cause that is probably how much I am up. Don't know, haven't been on the scale lately. BUT I AM NOT GIVING UP!

Kim-How are things with you work, school and with Hannah too? Are you doing alright? Post and let us know everything going on. I am done with H & R Block for this year, by the time I go back to Indiana the tax season will be over with.

Well everyone, hope all is well with you. Take care and talk to you soon, Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 04-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #8  

Sassy - No I am not a Bennet. The name eliz.bennet came from a character in the movie/book Pride and Prejudice. I tried many names involving my name and everything was taken, so I thought of Elizabeth Bennet. It is one of my and my adult daughter's favorite movies to watch together. I love the older version as well as the new movie with Keira Knightley as Eliz. I am afraid "our" little boys will not care a thing for this movie, ever!!
I have just made it under the 200 mark - by the skin of my teeth! Oh, I am going to try real hard not to see that number again. My first goal is 195.
This last week I have been to our church gym several times for a 40 minute workout on the treadmill and the elliptical machine and the bike. I feel like I should have lost at least 20 lbs. (Ha,ha! I do wish it worked that quickly!) I am going to do it again this week too. The key is music. My boys gave me an MP3 player with little ear plugs which is fantastic. Otherwise, I watch the seconds go by and can hardly make it even 20 min. Also, I have found a time of the morning that usually no one is around. The early group has finished up and the after lunch crew hasn't arrived. Of course when my exercise friend meets me there, we usually go for a drink afterwards. I love cappuccino's and Weight Watcher's says they are only 2 to 3 pts., which is a sweet deal.
I haven't figured out how to do the weight chart and all that on here yet. Maybe I'll get it before long. However, I am keeping a record and I'm down 33 lbs. now. only a couple more groups of 30's to go- ha! Well, there are a lot of us gals working on it together. I think we are going to make it!!
Catch you later.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #9  

Hey all again:

My latest weigh in had me at 203. I was very thrilled about it. It is alot of work and some days I just want to give up. I thought that I had much more will power this time. I really want to lose weight. I really need to be a bit thinner, for many reasons, my health being the biggest and most important one.

I am finding it hard to eat healthy now that I am back to work. lunches are easy but when I get home from work I have a hard time finding something to cook that is quick, easy and healthy. Couple that with the fact that I have really picky eaters for kids. It is so very frustrating to try to find a meal that we can all eat. I am lucky in that my bf will eat just about anything put in front of him. I am still trying to make the best choices and eating more vegetables and I have cut out white bread. I have surprised myself with that as I love white bread but since I have found multi-grain bread I dont miss it so much.

On the positive side, I have had some very nice compliments from people lately. One was from a gentleman that I only know marginally. He was parked across the road waiting for his wife who was at my neighbors place...he made it a point to tell me that I looked good and asked if I have been loosing weight. When I said yes he said it certainly shows. And today in church I had a couple ladies tell me that I look fantastic. It is always a morale booster to hear that.

I have also made a promise to myself. IF I reach my 185 pound goal I want to get a new tattoo. I wont get it unless I can reach that goal. It will be a treat to me.

So another week is over and tomorrow is the beginning of a new one. Another day to fight the good fight.

thanks for all the support and congrats on all the new babies that have been born.

dallas
Old 04-17-2007, 01:56 AM   #10  

hey, girlontheloose66 - there are no IF'S about it - you are going to reach that goal. I am your same height and within a pound or two of you -199 at my last weighing, and I would love to keep up with you as WE go down, down, down. ( Oh please, not up!) It is hard to stay on track as our "habits" and good old selfwill doesn't like us trying to change them. Picky eaters are hard to deal with. Depending on their ages, you know when one gets hungry he/she will eat. (Now that sounds hard but there is truth to it!)
I was so very sorry and sad at the VA college tragedy. There are a lot of people hurting out there in the world tonight! There families sure have my prayers on their behalf.
Talk at you girls later.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #11  

Thanks ever so much elizbennet:

I have been finding it so difficult lately to stick to my good eating habits. Last night I had take out fried chicken. That was what the kids and my bf wanted so I caved in a ate it too. Once It was gone I felt aweful. I know its ok to "cheat" but when food makes me feel bad I dont want to be doing this. I would love to be able to have a good relationship with food. It is so easy just to give up. But I really want to do this. I sometimes wish I had a buddy who lived close enough to me to help me through this, all I have is you guys. I am so grateful for that.

On another note, though I am a distance away I feel the pain of the deaths in Virginia. Mans inhumanity to many always amazes me. How can we be so cruel to other human beings. I have prayed for the families and those left behind.

Take care everyone and God Bless.

Dallas
Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #12  
CJ

Hey there everyone - howdie! Sorry I haven't been around - we were out of town for a few days and then all this week I've been so busy I've been hitting the bed early every nite! In fact, I even "cheated" on our weekly threads - I didn't start a new one - I just changed the date for this one!

Sharon: I got your emails and pics of Tyler - he is sure a cutie! I'm so glad everything worked out great for everyone - and finally the wait is over. I'm sure you are enjoying your time with your new grandson - good for you! Give my love to Tracey and Bret.

Elizbennett: Way to go on the 33 lbs gone! Keep up the good work - we'll all be skinny before we know it!

Dallas:
Don't let your bj get you down ... you just keep going and you'll show him! You're doing good so hang in there ... one day at a time! If you fall off the wagon just pick yourself back up and get back on! WE CAN DO THIS!

Well, we are finally having nice weather here ... we still have some snow from the last storm but it's slowly going away! We're actually suppose to hit 70's this Sunday - WOW - heatwave!

I promise I will not stay away so long next time ... Everyone - keep up the good work ... talk to you soon. Take care.

Love, CJ
Old 04-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #13  

Default Hi All!

Well I am still in Illinois with my daughter till tomorrow, my son Dan came a couple of days ago and will take me back to Indiana. I am really loving being here and getting to know that precious little guy, but I really miss my home after so long and can't wait to go back tomorrow. But the only thing is that my husband, Ken called yesterday and wants to go to Michigan this weekend, the day after I get back home, for his Mom's 85th Birthday party his sister is giving him. I really really just want to go home, we have so much to do when I get back home. We want to change some rooms around, the computer room and the guest bedroom and put a crib up for the new Grandkid and the next one coming in October. But I can't not go because in Febuary we to Michigan for my Dad's 90th Birthday party and it wouldn't be fair and I guess whatever we have to do can wait. It will be nice to see his family again and Ken says we can even pay my Dad a visit in his assisted living place and take him to lunch one day, so that will be good. Much as I miss my house, my kitties and my husband, guess I should change that around and put my hubby first, things will get done one way or another.

elizbennett-OK thanks for the info on your name. I have never seen the movie Pride And Prejudice, but have heard it was a wonderful movie, maybe I will have to rent it one day. You are doing fantastic in your weight loss, and exercise program, when I get back to home I will have to get serious and get on program. Summer is right around the corner.

Dallas-No, don't give up. I am going thru the very same thing. Being gone and away from home for these last 2 weeks have made me all off my program so now I am feeling physically bad, out of sorts, sick to my stomach and no energy. We both need to hang in there and we will get where we want to be. Just think how far you have come so far.

CJ-Oh good, there you are, still around but out of town. I figured that is what happened. I did give Tracy and Brett your love. I put Tyler in your cute little blue blanket you made. If he could talk he would thank you! Glad you liked the pictures, Tracy just got her pictures from the hospital and that little guy had his eyes shut on every one. That's ok if you cheated, we could have started the thread too, but I was too busy and too lazy too.

So we plan on coming back on Monday so will check in here and see what is happening. I hope lots and lots of posts will be waiting for me.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:44 PM   #14  

Dallas - Sorry for calling you by your girl on the loose name, I noticed Sassy called you Dallas. Guess I'm still catching on to how it's done. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you CAN have that fried chicken without guilt if you know you are going to indulge. Plan, plan, plan! Ha,ha, that's it. When we are going to have the fried chic. I will eat "light" that day - fruit, salad, and the lighter vegetables. Of course when it slips up on you,you just get back in the saddle of discipline once that meal is over - the last good lick of your lips! Don't give up and don't "hate" yourself, just remember God gives us a fresh start the very next second. Start fresh - on the winning side of losing!
CJ - So glad your weather is getting nice. Here in AL we really hardly have a winter when comparing it to Michigan. We do get gray days and look forward to warm sunshine again. Of course when we do get "snow" it isn't like your snow. It is wet - snowflakes w/ice. We do a lot of slipping and sliding!
Sassy - I know you are "homesick" as there is no place like home - just to relax, unwind and do ALL those things your behind on. My mom will celebrate her B'Day the last wkend of this month. We will be traveling to her home that weekend. She wants to go the the local fish house, so my brother and two sisters with their families are also planning to come. It will be a good time to togetherness. I hope you will have a fantastic visit with your mom-in-law and your dad. There is nothing like our mom's and dad's!
If possible, you should get P&P (that's Pride &Prej.) to watch with your daughter - it just doesn't get any better than that!
THANKS EVERYONE for the congrats on the wt. loss! - It was s-l-o-w leaving (it likes me a lot - like we are best friends or something! -smile!), but it did finally drop off little by little. Yea! So see, it is possible - We've just got to keep working at it harder than not working at it!
Good Night Friends
Old 04-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone,

I had my follow up with my doctor today. I'm finally feeling better and have more energy, though it's still going to take time to get back to "normal" (though I've never really been accused of being that!). I also got to weigh myself today, and I am down to 205. Another pound and a half gone!!!

My daughter, Hannah, and I are getting ready to leave in a little while to go see Josh Turner in concert. He is her favorite singer. We got to see him perform last weekend at the Country Music Expo in Indianapolis. She was so excited and thrilled. He walked out on stage, and she never took her eyes of him! She even got his autograph, which made her day.

I can't wait for tonight as our seats are a lot closer than at the expo. We were about the length of a football field from him then. Tonight, we are about 11 or 12 rows from stage. I'm also going to treat her out to her restaurant of choice (knowing her, McDonalds) before the concert.

She may only be 7, but I really love these outing I have with her. I am so thankful to be so close to her. I know one day (hopefully never) that might change as she gets older, and mom isn't so "cool and awesome" anymore.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Kim
KimV is offline   Reply With Quote