Height: 5'4"

Smile Core Chat: April 9-April 15

Good Morning All:

Here's our new weekly pages! Enjoy

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:10 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Another night of sleeplessness for me. Every time I woke up I started to fret about that darned fence. I just gave up and got up the last time. I've got WW today and I have no high hopes but I'm going anyway.

Rhonda, you sure were up early. Did you have to be up or were you like me with insomnia?

I'm going to go see what I missed yesterday.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:22 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I'm happy to hear that you still enjoyed your birthday celebration. I probably still would have gone to the "fancy" place. I have no trouble spoiling myself. Lordy, teenagers are sure unpredictable. I swear that I don't know how you all cope with those years. When is Niagra?

So Rhonda, how did your dinner turn out?

Oh Yum, Sandra! I love chicken and dressing and cranberries. And your plant assortment sound amazing. Your yard must be the most beautiful one for miles!

Coco, I'm glad you had a good day and that your DS is feeling better. Don't worry about not gazelling. I always heard you should exercise every other day when just getting started.

Patti, you are just the poster child for eating on plan. It's been a long time since I had so much resolve. I strive to get back to that mentality. I think you did amazingly great. I guess we won't hear from you for a couple of days since your Hubby is home! What a great thing you are all doing for your friend from the church. I'm sure it means a lot to her to be surrounded by so much love and support.

Nikki, Paula, Angela, Donna, Michelle.....how are you all doing?

Well, it's a new week Chickies! As Rhonda said, let's have a great on program week. My weigh in will give me a fresh start today.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies. As of this morning, I am back on plan. I am getting tired of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes, and I think the stress of that is worse than worrying about what I eat. I know the next few days will be fun as I do the whole sugar detox thing, but I'm not going to lose what I've worked so hard for.

I'm going to see if I can drag my sister back on program with me. My mom is doing fabulously. She walks over 3 miles a day, and lifts weights 3-4 times a week too. She's following the plan to the letter, and still, weight loss is slow. I think pre-menopause really stinks as a time to try to lose weight. I try to tell her that at least it isn't going up! I know she's really frustrated. Vickie, I tell her about your struggles, and I think that makes her feel better, that she's not alone. Part of the problem is that she's only 4'10" tall, so she gets 18 total points a day. And since she's over 50, she needs 3 milks, so there goes 6 pts there. Then take away the 2 pts for her healthy oil, and she's down to 10 pts a day for meals. She really needs those AP and WPAs, that's for sure.

Well, anyway, thought I'd let you all know of my resolve, so you can help keep me accountable.

My sister and I are thinking of putting together a group of friends to sing some fun stuff - madrigals, jazz, things like that. We love music, and don't really have a good outlet for it since we're all stay at home or working moms. It's a little frustrating, because there are a lot of us who have considerable talent, but no place to use it (but church.)

Anyway, I'm rambling. Time to make a menu plan for the week.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I gained .6. Sigh.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #6  
Donna

Hi All,

I haven’t been around for a few days because I was trying to get ready for having company over yesterday. My husband and I are basically slobs, so usually I invite people over every 6 weeks or so for something so I have to clean. Only this winter we didn’t have anyone over. I think the Wednesday before Christmas was the last time. So it took a while to clean .

The fish appetizer, which was a new recipe, was really good. My one sister absolutely loved it and she says she doesn’t usually like salmon, so I was happy. The only problem was that the lamb was supposed to cook on the grill, but since it was only 32 F out we decided to do it inside. Well it took twice as long so dinner was about an hour later than planned. Glad everyone ate lots of appetizers .

Saturday, DH and I recovered our dinning room chairs. I am so happy, they look so nice, and it wasn’t too hard once we got a rhythm going. This afternoon I’ve got to get started on stripping the wallpaper in the bathroom. This was this winters project, and I go back to work next Tuesday so winter is almost over.

Frouf – Happy belated Birthday . Glad you had a good one. Maybe you can have a belated celebration with your gf when the weathers better. Your kid stories make me remember why we decided to forgo that pleasure.

Sandra – I’ll bet your gardens are beautiful, sounds like you put a lot of work into it. I’m bumming because the peas and onions I planted 2 weeks ago haven’t sprouted yet, of course the first week was really too warm for them and then the last has been too cold. I hope they still come up. Tomato seeds get started indoors this week. I buy most of my flowers already started. Going to try sunflowers from seeds this year though.

Rhonda – Sometimes better living thru chemistry is required. Sounds like you think about it a lot before going there. How was your dinner? You were serving what we usually have, but this year I wanted to try something different. And it was colder than at Christmas. Our weatherman said last night that Christmas day the high was 42 and yesterday the high was 35 something is just not right with that.

Michelle – Please send some of that warm weather here. Splurge nights are great once in a while, so long as they don’t turn into splurge weeks/months/years…..

Patti – You are a model of control. I’ve been reading the You book. He has some interesting points. I’ll see what I think when I get to the chapter with the diet (I did scan ahead)

Vicki – Take a deep breath, and relax. You have so much going on right now, I don’t envy you. Hope the fence issue gets resolved quickly.

Paula – Have fun with your wireless/broadband. What I like is that DH can work on his work computer upstairs while I work on the home computer in the basement.

Well, I think I’ve written a novel and I need to go grab lunch. Sorry to anyone I missed. Have a great day ladies.

-Tech/Donna
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #7  
Donna

Vicki - The .6 might just be from a bigger dinner yesterday than usual. Just hang in there.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #8  

Haha Vickie,,,no I manage to get on here this morning. Dh is gone out for a bit. That .6 isnt really a pound...its fluff..... Hope the fence issue is resolved now! Get a good sleep tonight..

Donna I did the same thing you did..I skipped ahead when I got the book then I read it. there is a section called the 99 second version in the book for people just like us..haha see the drs know dont they?

Holy cow Angela,,thats not many calories for your mom to eat. Im sure she knows this but in case she dosnt... your body will go into what they call a *starvation mode* if you eat too little during the day. It hangs on to fat because your body thinks it needs it to survive..so therefore the wieght loss is slowed down. She is doing so well...I cant believe how much exercise she gets..good for her!

Vickie I was thinking of you the other day...I know you are always looking for tomato free recipes..well I made some turkey meatballs that were sooo good. I'll post the recipe above.

Off to have a shower and then maybe I can convince dh to go for a walk with me..have a good day everyone
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

howdy do, chickies. i'm sitting here waiting on my killer carrot cake to get done. i made it with all bran cereal and added walnuts, pineapple, and raisins. for 24 servings it's 3 pts each. i don't think that's bad. i hope it's good enough without icing. we'll see.

i'm in my jammies. i did get dressed this am and we went to town to run errands, but now i'm very very comfy. i'm having allergy problems cuz of all the fungus and mold in those leaves i raked. there's also a lot of humidity in the air. but the truth be known, i'm enjoying being in my jammies.

vickie, you are so sweet. i don't think our yard compares to a lot of them up here. folks go in for a lot of color. usually we mainly have roses. this year we're going to have a multitude of flowering plants (if the seedlings make it). anyone want to make any wagers?

i did hop on the scales this am and was down 1.5 lbs (according to my iron monster). i'm hoping the trend continues. i was going to go to today, but i just don't feel up to it. i may do later in front of the tv.

angela, your mom is amazing sticking to so low points. i don't think i'd have the "to it." i know i wouldn't drink 3 servings of milk a day. i'm stingy with my pts. congratulations to you for getting back op.

vickie, .6 isn't bad since there was a holiday. you are doing all right. just keep on keepin' on. those pounds will melt.

donna, i don't grow vegetables. i'm too lazy. normally i don't do seedlings either. this is just a whim of mine this year--and i'm having a blast. sure hope i don't have to re-spend on plants later.

patti, i read from the beginning but then skipped after just a few chapters. i had a glass of red wine sat night and was a bit dizzy. i'm not used to drinking. i think what you told angela is prob true. i'll bet her mom's bod is in holding mode.

the cake is done and looks sort of like a breakfast cake. i'll cut it after it cools; and if it's good, i'll post the recipe.

rhonda, are you all right today? i hope you got some sleep last night. i got an e yesterday from your sil. she wrote a beautiful paragraph about memories of our grandmother. i think i'll e it to you for you and doyle to see.

Last edited by ontarget; 04-09-2007 at 04:40 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #10  
Melissa

Hi gals!

Vickie, I think .6 gain after yesterday's feast is a victory! I'm too scared to go today. Plus my WW buddy is on vacation so she won't be there. I think I'm going to wait and go to a meeting tomorrow night.

Patti, great job with all of the food!! I'm totally impressed, you're doing a great job. Oh and those turkey meatballs sound awesome.

Sandra, I'm glad to hear that you are in your pj's. Your cake sounds really good, too. You are so clever to come up with these things.

Angela, you sound so motivated. You know that you are an inspiration to all of us, you just keep on keeping on. You can do it!

Donna, it sounds like you had a nice holiday. Good luck with the wallpaper, I know what a big job that can be!! After stripping it in the house we used to live in I swore I would never put it up.

Well like I said I am not going to w/i today but plan to tomorrow. I know it's silly, but that's what I'm doing. I'm looking forward to coming back to Core, and I'm thinking about doing it this week. There are things about flex that I love, but overall I think I'm healthier on core. And isn't that what this is all about?
So I'll have to analyze the kitchen cupboards and see what I've got to work with. I miss my core recipes! Especially cola chicken, cornmeal chicken, fried rice... hmmm I'm getting SO hungry!! It's definitely a core week.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi All:

The meal yesterday was delicious, but the ham tasted more like simple pork roast, and not ham. But, it was all good. I had only one roll and a sliver of pie. One of the reasons I asked my friend to make lemon meringue is that they are always too tart for me and I won't eat much!

I've been strictly OP since yesterday's meal. One day at a time. I'm happy to report that other than being a little sore from standing so much yesterday, my back is fine.

I ordered a new area rug for the LR, bought new curtains for the same space, ordered a new stove, took some pictures to get new glass since the old glass had broken, bought a new base cabinet for the kitchen, and, generally
today. I did not get a gas stove. It would cost $400. to install the line, and the gas stoves are more expensive than electric. Since I'm moving in two years, I can manage, as I have for the last 25.

Angela, tell your mom that I'll try to be low points with her. Eating fewer points than I'm allowed and moving more than I want to is the ONLY thing that works.

Angela, good luck with the music. Do what you LOVE!

Vickie, I didn't have to be up, or have insomnia. I was hungry! I had really been stingy with food yesterday! Don't fret over .6.....waste of energy. We all know it's no fun to see the scale go up, but that's a glass of water, that's all.

Sandra, I'll look for the email.

BBL

Rhonda
Old 04-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

You girls are just the best! Thanks for all the moral support.

The fencers are going to call us back tomorrow. They want to charge us to make the adjustments. They are saying that Jim signed the release approving the job. He did sign the completion form so we are probably stuck. It cannot stay the way it is.

I will NOT stress eat. But I will probably have popcorn tonight with some smart balance margarine on it. It is the level best I can be.

Last edited by Vickie; 04-09-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

melissa, i got hungry, too, reading your post. are you going to be able to be here more often now? i surely hope so, podna.

rhonda, you're doing wonderfully. those ounces are going to drop off fast.

vickie, hang in there. sounds like a good choice.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good for you Vickie..no stress eating, and get what you need from the fence. It's just money, and, hopefully not too much. Nobody's life is at stake here....well, maybe Jim's!!

Well, I found the way to get motivated. I forgot to mention that I bought a mirror today also. Well, it is hung. Unfortunately, I can see myself fully as I walk to the front door...!....OK, that does it!

and

Hope everyone has a good night.

Rhonda
Old 04-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I slept ok but just not long enough. My ENT appointment is today and I'm kind of glad. The throat had been feeling better until yesterday then it started feeling funny again. I wonder if it's a stress/anxiety issue. Hmmmmmm. We are supposed to hear back from the fencers. Apparently, the boss returns from vacation today. I did much better on program yesterday. I actually feel kind of sick to my stomach and not hungry. I didn't even have the popcorn last night so that is some sort of a victory.

I'm off to catch up with all of you.

Last edited by Vickie; 04-10-2007 at 08:29 AM.