Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:14 AM   #1  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Red pepper dip

A new favorite! This also travels well and makes an excellent picnic food. Although I boiled my peppers this time (according to the recipe) next time I plan to roast them instead. It's just I'd never made this dip before and kinda stuck to the recipe even though I should have followed my instincts to "improve" it! That (roasting) would have been so much more flavorful and nutritious although it was still pretty delicious as it was!

2 medium red peppers (could also use yellow or orange but I prefer red)
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil
1 ounce fresh breadcrumbs (I used wholemeal bread but honestly, next time I'll leave the breadcrumbs out altogether - I think it was more for texture than anything anyway)
salt and pepper to taste

Place peppers and garlic in a sauce pan and just cover with water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. The entire house smelled so awesome! Drain, cool and then puree with the lemon juice and olive oil. Stir in the breadcrumbs and S&P to taste. Serve with veggie crudite or pitta bread. Really delicious. I'm having some of the left-overs on a wholemeal tortilla with chicken strips later.

The recipe did not call for peeling the peppers before blending them but I did it anyway. Also, I guess you might be able to save some time by using bottled roasted red peppers if you're in a hurry.

Last edited by Mummy_Tummy; 04-08-2007 at 05:31 AM.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #2  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Oops forgot to say that this may not seem like very much dip but if it's just for you to gnosh on, a little goes a long way. If it's for a party, maybe you might like to double it.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #3  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

This does sound good! Thanks for sharing!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #4  

MMMMMM sounds yummy!!
phoebegirl is offline   Reply With Quote