Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 04-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #1  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Exclamation Leaving Comments On Blog??

One of my friends said she read my blog entries and when she clicked to try leaving me a comment, it kept telling her she wasn't logged in. Can you please explain what she needs to do to leave a comment otherwise, nobody will be able to leave me comments. Thanks so much!!

EDIT: Actually I deciced to delete my two entries and will start over and see if maybe I did something wrong with entering.

Last edited by Michelle; 04-07-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #2  
it's always something

The blogs are very susceptible to automated blog spam. The only way to prevent it is to make everyone register to leave comments. You can sign up just to comment without having a blog. When they click to sign up it will let them choose to get a blog or just a username for commenting.

This option is configurable per blog account, so you can turn it off to let anyone comment on your blog without registering. If you start to get spam, you can turn it back on. Go to your blog admincp and click the Options tab. It's the first page there for General Options. Just below where you can set your blog title, you'll see a check box next to Membership. It's checked on by default. If you uncheck it then people can comment on your blog without registering.

There are more options for commenting that you can explore. Still under Options, choose the Discussion tab and check them out

I hope that helps
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks so much Suzanne, and I will let my 3FC friend know that she does need to register to leave a comment.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote