South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/231/155

Height: 5'6

Default Getting so hungry at night lately

Pretty much ever since I started phase II last Tuesday I've been getting really hungry just before bedtime, and I hate to admit it but, I've been eating snacks the past few nights Usually just a piece of cheese or some turkey pepporoni but last night I had a sandwhich and organic chips!

I try drinking water, it doesn't do the trick and I try just ignoring it but I can't seem to fall asleep hungry b/c I'll just being obsessing over it it all night (I'm a bad sleeper to begin with b/c I can't relax my mind ><; ) and also being full tends to makes me feel sleepier. I think my body is maybe missing something?

Nighttime eating was one of the bad habits that got me to this weight in the first place and during phaseI I wasn't becoming hungry at night. Could it be that I am just so super sensitive to carbs that I should only have some in the AM or something? Typically I've just been having 1 serving of carbs at dinnertime and sometimes a slice of WW toast in the morning with my egg and turkey bacon.

Are any of you chicks experiencing night time hunger as well?
Old 04-07-2007, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

cookiemonster! Are you making sure you're eating enough during the day, getting all your veggies and enough protein? You can still have a snack in the evenings, but make sure it is OP. A lot of us like to have our dessert, such as one of the ricotta creme desserts or my favorite, the Peanut Butter Cup. It really helps me get through the evening. Yogurt, cheese and even a mug of warm milk flavored with vanilla will help satisfy those munchies, too, and will even help you sleep better.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #3  

Height: 4'10"

Wink

Oh I know how you feel.....I use to munch at nite...I woke up around 1 this morning and wanted a cookie so baddddddd..good thing there are none in the house, I walked around, looked outside, smoked a cig, (I know I know) and finally went back to bed..

Oh I made the peanut butter cup last nite, asked Hubby "you want a bite" LOL he gave me a funny look, then asked "What is it first" I told him just taste of it...He took small taste ..THEN took it away from me and ate the whole thing.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/231/155

Height: 5'6

Actually I had been cutting back on my sweets intake since starting PII, I bet you that's what's doing it! I was having a PB & Chocolate milkshake almost everyday on PI but I cut it down to just one sugar free fudgsiscle a day.
I'll have to try the warm milk with vanilla in it, that sounds yummy. Thank you for your responses
Old 04-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #5  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Night time is the worse for me too. I use SF yogurt, friut, ice and a small amount of milk in a blender to make a filling lowcarb shake. I also try to keep lowcarb snacks ready to go so it is easier to get to than stuff thats not OP.
Closed Thread