Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 PM   #1  

Default Pregnant & bipolar

I found out I was bipolar just before I found out I was pregnant so I can't take any meds but I've found some resources that might be helpful for anyone in the same boat.

I downloaded a couple of ebooks. One was from Julie Fast on bipolar disorder and how she's dealing with it. There are health cards that help you identify a mood swing and prepare on how to deal with it ahead of time. This has reallly helped, but more importantly, it's changed my frame of mind. I don't feel out of control anymore because I have answers and I know when I'm having an episode it's the bipolar, not me.

I also downloaded Slim Mom Secrets by Jennifer Polimino and have started following that eating and exercise plan. I'm already fifty pounds overweight and have decided to only gain what is necessary for my baby and then to continue afterward to get my body back.

I know there are always going to be 'down' days but I am better equipped to deal with them now and I recommend this approach to others who may be experiencing the same things.

Take care,
Gayl
Gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Gayl!

I am not bipolar, but I have OCD and get bouts of depression. I have found that cardio exercise works WONDERS during the low times, especially if I do it earlier in the day. I refuse to take meds for my issues-so it has been wonderful therapy.

I highly recommend walking, or other light cardio, early in your day!

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayl View Post
I found out I was bipolar just before I found out I was pregnant so I can't take any meds but I've found some resources that might be helpful for anyone in the same boat.

I am also bipolar. It is really hard with all of the pregnancy hormones. Where can i find some of the information that you have found?
tweetyandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #4  

Hi Gayl,
I understand what you're going through, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 13 years ago and have been unmedicated for 10 years. I just had my third baby 8 weeks ago and had some issues with mood swings+hormones.

Last edited by aphil; 06-20-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: email address in post
mamaofthreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

mamaofthreeboys-

I edited your email address out of your post, because this is an opem forum where anyone can read posts and get your email, including spammers. If you want to exchange email addresses with another member, it is safer to use the pm system here, and exchange your email addresses privately that way.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote