Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default 80 pounds 2 go club, remember me??

A few months ago I started a post for those weighing in around 210-ish and having a goal of 140ish.... Many of you posted and we all seemed to be starting around the same time.
Well, I have done awful, if anything I think I've gained.
I thought for sure I could start losing weight in the winter so when spring came I'd feel better.
I thought mentally I had reached that point of this is it, but apparently I'm still the best at making excuses. When I go to sit up, my belly feels like I'm pregnant.
I am so frustrated. I don't have what it takes to count calories and to follow a diet plan. I need someone to treat me like a baby and say "here is your menu for today, eat this and nothing else".
I also am the worlds worst about finding time to work out. In the winter my excuse was "my son has asthma and I don't want him in the germ pool day care at the gym", then the excuse was "it's too cold and snowy outside, don't want to carry the kids across the parking lot in the winter, pack 'em up in all their gear etc". Now it's spring, warm weather, no sickness,....what is my excuse??
I'm lazy everyone.
Should I change my screen name?
My husband wants to take me on vacation in November....I want to lose weight....sorry to dump on everyone.
I just want to hear from the 80 pounders and see what progress you've made. I bought three fit magazines yesterday and hope to get re-inspired.
I'm fat.
5'6 weighing in at an all time high today of 219.
I didn't even weigh that much when I was pregnant!!!!!!!
Yes I'm ashamed. Please tell me it's not too late to make a plan.
Please???????
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #2  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Of course it's not too late!!! Don't be silly! You can do it!

If you need someone to baby you through the process, can you invest in a plan like Jenny Craig? From what I've noticed on these boards, not many people are into pre-packaged meals (at least here on the support board) and myself included, prefer to cut portions or make their own meals. If this is not the way for you, by all means try something else out there! There's a plan for everyone, you can always tweak it later.

As for exercise, boy let me tell you - I was like that all through winter!!! I refused to go outside because it was cold and I didn't want to wear all those clothes etc etc. My mom used to do some of these exercises at home because she didn't want to leave either and they worked for her! Here's one: Lie on the floor on your back and raise your legs in the air. Make a cycling motion (as if you were riding a bike). Do it for as long as you can and record the time. Increase each week by 2-3 minutes. I definitely felt it the next morning. Another easy exercise to do is lunges. These are more strength-training than cardio but whatever - it's something. As you get into the groove of working out, you'll add more and do more. But first, get moving!!! Also, try workout videos and DVDs. I'm doing Tae-Bo now and it kicked my butt in 15 minutes. Sigh.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #3  
I can do it !!!!

Thanks so much Sunni -- I will try that exercise. I am beyond hope. I don't even want to try Jenny Craig, because of the expense....I wish I could look at a plan, and know what to eat. If I were smart I would copy many of the menus posted here! If I were smart, I'd drink more water. If I were smart I'd get my fat butt out of bed at 4:30 and hit the gym by 5....not having to take kids with me.
I'm just so sick of being the fat mom. And my husband is HANDSOME, I know people look at us and wonder "he is with HER????".
Poor guy.
Sunni -- would you mind if I were nosey and asked what size you are in? I know it sounds stupid, but for us bigger girls, it helps to get motivated when we can "think" of a size. You are one inch shorter than me. I squeeze myself into a 16 jean, but it should probably be an 18 or a 20. If I can't get my jeans on, then I wear x-large sweats or capris.
I know, I'm beyond pathetic.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

OK. So it sounds like you really haven't been trying--just thinking about trying and beating yourself up because you don't get further.

So now you have to really try. I saw something on TV where one character said to another, "A reason is just another way of saying excuse." You've seen how true this is. You can do this! You really can!

I am someone who uses pre-packaged meals because I don't like meal planning, and I'm not gonna be cooking all the time. Those recipes in some of the programs are great, but I'm not gonna do it! Doesn't fit my work life! My answer is the "poor person's Jenny Craig," namely Lean Cuisines. I do NOT have to think about what to fix. Every week I get myself a supply. There is a lot of variety, they have no trans fats, and they are pretty well balanced. I know exactly how many grams, cals, carbs, blah blah blah I'm getting. I eat them for lunch and dinner. They are all loaded into my FitDay program using the nutrition panel on the back of the box.

I eat different things for breakfast--shredded wheat, 1% milk, fresh fruit, or sometimes a Kashi bar, sometimes a smoothie, sometimes hardboiled egg. I also supplement the Lean Cuisines with fresh vegetables and salads. I also know what I'm eating for snacks--I have a list of choices. It's things like--half a large apple and 1-1/2 ounces of cheese; a yogurt cup; some Triscuits; nuts (counted). It is dead on easy to do this!

So, if it's easy you want, this is it.

For exercise--my gosh, girl, you can't be setting a goal to get up at 4:30 in the morning! This isn't the army! (Or is it... ) You need to find something that you can actually do without feeling like a failure. Walking is great, the gym is great. You don't have to do a lot at first. Just do SOME-- that's all it takes to get started. 12 minutes on an exercise bike. Start there.

OK, I hope you see some ideas you can follow there, or modify as you need to get on some kind of track!

Don't give up! The only way out is through!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #5  
I can do it !!!!

Default Thank you Jay!

Jay,
Thank you so much. I will try to stock of on the lean cuisines, and eat what you do for breakfast. I will also try to come up with a list of snacks like yours.
I appreciate every word you said.
I know I am the queen of excuses. Since I so called "started", I've lost about 12 but gained about 20. I really am sick of being over weight. It's almost 3pm and all I've had today were 2 slices of toast with jelly and a glass of milk.
I know that isn't the answer either. But I'm so disgusted that I am not hungry for a change!
I will work on my lean cuisines and post back in a week for my next weigh in.
Thank you VERY much for the support. I need it now more than ever.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Oh, my pleasure, Hon! Good luck with it.

Hope to hear good news from you in the future!

Jay

P.S. a good daily multivitamin is also helpful!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:06 AM   #7  
Domestic Engineer

Oh, I can so relate! I have wasted so much time "thinking" about what I'm going to do to lose this weight and in the mean time I continue to get fast food when I'm out and about, bake cookies and eat too many etc etc. I lost almost 25 lbs in the fall and thought by now I would be way below 200. But instead I stalled and then started gaining it back. I was down to 204 and now I'm probably 220.
I know what I need to do and it makes me mad at myself for not doing it. I know I feel better when I'm taking care of my body. Trying to figure out why I sabotage my efforts.
Feel free to pm me! Maybe we could be email buddies. I definitely have 80 to lose, lol!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:25 AM   #8  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Set Point... Starting line (SusanB)

SusanB had brought this up in the Exercise Forum and it really got me to thinking... BTW Thank you SusanB

Its about finding your set point, your starting line. She made mention of how Bob Green had taken a look at Oprah's life and schedule when she first hired him. Her set point at her heaviest was...

"She did two shows a day, a bunch of other stuff and could walk a mile in 18 minutes. All that accounted for nothing. It was her base-line and was keeping her at her current weight."

Eating less aside, for thats the first thing we all think about and do when begining a weight loss journey. What more could she do? How could she move more then she already was?

Well when Bob Green took a look at her schedule he simply asked her to jog instead of walking her mile.

Again as SusanB stated... Nothing fancy, just more.

Take a look at your day/week. Find your set point, what your already doing is keeping you where you are.

Me, I am a Mom of 3 very active socially children, ages 14,12, and 9. Between school activities, church, and sports we are jam packed! I am also a waitress on my feet and moving all day. But I know if I look... I will find my more. For now my more is.... instead of bending to retrieve things I am taking the opportunity to get some squats in. And as I am waiting for my food in the window, I am doing calf raises, wall push up's, or if your very lucky and in the mood for a giggle and grin you can catch me jogging in place. (My co-worker's are in the know now since I have lost 40 pounds since October. ) I am doing well but I can always be doing better.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108281

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 05-14-2007 at 07:27 AM. Reason: I forgot to add the link to Susan's thread!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #9  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Hey! You asked for my size and you got it!

I'm 166 lbs now, 5'5" and I wear a 12. Of course, with all the vanity sizing going on, I could very well truly be a 14-16. Whatever though. I'm trying to get down to an 8 so I can be a single digit gal...

You can use it as a guide but just know that I'm a pear, so if you're a different shape, you might be in a smaller size then! (I know, you're not complaining )

Good luck! Keep posting!!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #10  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I think JayEll must be me in another continent, I always end up nodding to her advice.

Kashi makes some awesome microwave meals. I always had them with a glass of water before and after and I was full for the 3 hours until my next mini meal. I´m up there in the 80 pound mark that I should lose, but don´t think of it that way. 10 pound increments or even 5 pounds and it won´t seem so...well, big. GOOD LUCK!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

archy, I am flattered!

Jay
Old 04-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #12  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Default Wow.... I am at the same weight...

and you sound like me. I would like to join this thread if I could maybe we can help each other out. I have been on here off and on...but now it is time to stick to it. I am embarrased with my weight, and ashamed I let myself go. We have to remember to give ourselves something, we always put ourselves last. We have to pamper ourselves....

Today I am going to go swimming. I just started that because I injured my ankle so I am starting the excercise thing slowly. I will be back tomorrow to check my mail. I dont have internet at home anymore...so I have to go to the library. My next step is I am going to buy a bike, because that is a great excercise.... I will check this site tomorrow....wish you all the best .... keep your chins up.

Bye for now .... keep sa smile on your face ....
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote