Old 03-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/270s/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Do you have any weight related milestones you have or would like to celebrate?

Say you've lost your ten pound mini-goal or milestone. How did you or plan to celebrate it?

For me, I have three milestones to celebrate. Right now I'm 250ish. My first one would be reaching Onederland. I have no idea how I'm going to celebrate that yet. My second would be 150 lbs, where I no longer would obese but just overweight. Again, I don't know quite yet how I'd celebrate.

My third milestone would be reaching my goal weight, Summer of 2008. And I intend to celebrate it by going to Six Flags with my skinny boyfriend and riding the rides until I throw up. I just want to do that so bad, without the fear of not fitting into the ride seats.

So what are your milestones and how would you like to celebrate them? Do share, I'd love to know.

Last edited by Dawn2Dusk; 03-30-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Dawn2Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I celebrated at 10 lb increments.

10lbs - gorgeous pair of expensive sandals that I normally would not have bought
20 lbs - massage at a fancy day spa
30 lbs - new clothes for an out of town weekend event I was going to (needed new clothes by this point)
40 lbs - expensive cut/color at an upscale salon
50 lbs - massage
Goal weight - tattoo
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
I celebrated at 10 lb increments.
Me, too.

I have lost 12 pounds so far. Just the other day, I went shopping and got a gorgeous summer bag.

20 pounds? I think I will go get another bag. OK, ok, I admit I am addicted to bags.

30 pounds? You guess it, another bag.

40 pounds? That's when I reach my goal weight. I will go clothes shopping. After that, I will be backpacking throughout Western Europe.
NWGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #4  
Committed Maintainer

S/C/G: 214/117.5/120

Height: 4'-11.75"

When I reach my final goal, I will be getting a tattoo and an entire new set of bedroom furniture!
Christina7806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #5  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Over half way to my goal.....
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:08 AM   #6  
someday, we all hope!

S/C/G: 253/185/145

Height: 5'7"

180 lbs will be an occasion for carte blanche wardrobe replacement at the local thrift store. And this time I'll sell my old 'fat clothes'!
I hope for 160 lbs before we see Europe late this summer, and if so then I'll be off to the outfitters store for some serious backpacking duds, yay Patagonia!
After Europe, back to the plan; hopefully reach my wedding weight of 145 by Christmas. Stay there for 6 months without faltering, then it's time to book the plastic surgeon for lower ab (multiparous) muscle repairs, with just a little tummy tuck. Both are medical; the belly flap is always an infection risk, and the lower back suffers from lack of working lower abs, not to mention all the organ (dis)placements.
After that, I hope to live much longer, and with a much reduced chance of living with any of the diseases of aging. That's celebration enough!
becoming wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk View Post
My third milestone would be reaching my goal weight, Summer of 2008. And I intend to celebrate it by going to Six Flags with my skinny boyfriend and riding the rides until I throw up. I just want to do that so bad, without the fear of not fitting into the ride seats.
ME TOO! I haven't been to an amusement park in years for fear of not fitting in the seats/restraints, and I HATE THAT! I LOVE roller coasters! I won't wait till I reach my final goal, though--I'll probably go once I'm at 200. I know I went to Six Flags in high school and was a bit over 200, so I'll feel "safer" then.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:28 AM   #8  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

When I first started trying to lose weight, I asked DH if he would reward me when I hit milestones and he said sure, not thinking that I would really hit them.

My first 50 lbs - new digital camera

My second 50 lbs - an MP3/digital video player

My third 50 lbs - a new laptop

Goal - a trip to Europe

I've hit the first two goal and am 6 pounds away from the last one, but since then I've gotten a new laptop from work, and don't need another one, so I'll have to think of something else I want instead.

Also, I've just been nicer to myself, having my hair colored and highlighted professionally every couple of months, buying nice perfume, things that I didn't used to do.

Hitting 199 will be a big milestone for me, as it has been so many years since I saw it. I saw if briefly this morning, but the scale was in a different place than usual, so I can't count it yet.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #9  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

When I hit my final goal, there is so much that I want to do. I want to go on a shopping spree, I want to get some glamour shot pictures taken, I want to go to an amusement park (although that will probably be before goal).

I need to think of some rewards for my mini goals. I'm such an impulsive shopper that there's nothing that I really want but don't have. So I have to really think of something special to do.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:01 AM   #10  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

My half-way goal (rougly 60 lbs gone) I want a romantic weekend away with hubby (our very hectic schedule pretty much eliminates this possibility at this time, so that is something I really would like to do). I am blushing as I type this, but my weight has always interferred with our personal life, and so I think my first point of celebration needs to be with him. He has been SOOOO patient with me as I have whined my way out of many 'nights' (ahem) and it was all because of embarrasement over my weight. So...first celebration will be with and for him!

You all are probably going to laugh at me, but here is my ultimate goal reward: I have very terrible facial hair (beard and very thick mustache), and I am going to have it all permanently removed when I reach my goal weight. I'm sick of having this masculin trait, and that is what I want when I reach goal (it costs $750). As a bonus, I'm going to have them shape my eyebrows and remove the unwanted hair, permanently, so I won't have to pluck anymore! LOL!!

Of course, to me, the improved health will be reward enough! These other things are just things I really want to do and so am giving them to myself (and hubby) as things to celebrate with.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote