South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #1  
Michael Ann 1973

Default Tired???

I just started week two of phase 1 and I am feeling really tired. Is this a normal thing to feel...I didn't see anything in the book about it.

Thanks,

Sunny
Old 03-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #2  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad you asked that-- I just started week 1 of phase 2 and I'm exausted.. I actually feel like I might have the flu (achy, weak..) I didn't feel tired during phase 1.. but I was eating a ton of protein-- and taking lots of vitamins. Are you taking any?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wake me, it's not too normal to feel tired in P2--combined with the flu symptoms, maybe you should see the doctor? Sounds like it might not have anything to do with SBD. Just take care of yourself, okay?

Sunny, are you getting enough P1 good carbs? Beans, legumes, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc.? If not, that might be the culprit. Being dehydrated also makes you tired (make sure you're getting 64 oz of water a day AT LEAST!), and being anemic (low on iron) can also make you tired. Are you on your TOM (or just post-TOM)? Women lose so much iron during their TOM, so if you aren't getting a lot of it in your food (spinach is a great source, as is cooking, especially tomato-based products, in cast iron pans), you might be anemic. Check with a doctor to make sure. You might want to add some light exercise, as well...it can really make you alert and awake!

If none of that works, do check with your doctor. It could be a ton of things, but it's worth finding out for sure.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #4  
Almost a fit chick

S/C/G: 184/146/125

Height: 5'1"

Sunnybunny, I agree with Laurie. Without all the "bad" carbs that we normally eat, it's easy to fall short of our carb requirements for the day. I get exhausted when I don't get enough veggies on Phase 1. And, dehydration, like Laurie said, can make you tired too.

Congratulations on making it through the first week of phase 1.

Holly
Old 03-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #5  
Michael Ann 1973

Well...I have been drinking way more than 64 oz of water and eating a ton of veggies. I am PMSing...so maybe that is the culprit. I actually feel a little better today...I was really constipated yesterday, so that might have contributed.

Man we just put it all out there...lol
Closed Thread