Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default To motivate anyone for the health side of dieting

I just remembered this. Back when I was eating healthily, (eggbeaters...special k...lowcal milk...fruit...veggies...chicken/fish...all that jazz) I felt a lot better and my diabetes didn't have to be controlled by medicine after I lost all the weight.

But after I binged I feared going to the doctor. I had been binging for at least a year, and had only been eating healthy for about 8 months. I went to the doctor to get all around blood work done to check my diabetes. I thought I would be put back on the medicine because I could feel it acting up.

BUT, my blood work came back amazing. (And this was when I downed down a whole box of poptarts in the day!!!). Everything was in check, and the blood work said I wasn't diababetic (scientificially speaking...even though I knew I needed the pills again). But from all of that healthy eating...my body was still healthy even after a year of binging.

So instead of ASKING for support...I decided to give it back! There is no amount to how rewarding eating healthy and being good to your body is.

Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #2  
Ready for a better life!

Good for you! Eating healthy is becoming my lifestyle of choice too. I had been craving buttery toast the other day so I finally sat down at the table with two slices toast with *real* butter. After eating half of one slice, it was like my throat closed up. I didn't want it anymore. It didn't even taste good. So I put it in the trash. Aren't our (altho mine is small) victories wonderful?!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #3  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Excellent news to see your bloodwork came out great! (I'm awaiting for a complete blood panel result myself, having recently switched life insurance companies.)

Looks like there's nowhere to go but up from here -- with exercise and healthy eating reducing blood sugar spikes, LDL, triglyercerides, etc. while raising HDL and the good stuff.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Congrats gamerchick!!! That's super-duper!

I love to see the scale go down, & I feel that I look better when the scale reads lower numbers.... but looking better is nothing compared to how much better I feel!

Eating healthy is definitely the way to go!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Despite my recent illness, which I relate to eating nuts, I do feel better. boobalah had noticed and is finally trying to accomodate me with my eating choices. He gets frustrated because I won't eat the rich buttery sauces, but I'm sticking to my guns.

Sounds like you're getting back on track and congrats to you! Diabetes is nasty stuff. My sister has it. We're trying to figure out why she's the only one. No grandparents, parents or sibs have it.

Congrats again!
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote