Old 03-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Core Chat: March 26-April 2

Oops, as the first one on earlier, I should have started new pages. Here they are.

Go back to last week to read from last night and this morning!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Good afternoon chickies - Thanks Rhonda for the fresh clean pages to 'chat' on!

Niki - loved the news about the Fibre - was just chatting about that w/my gf - and I think I need to start upping the fibre - or might try the odd supplement? Anyone here taking fibre supplements?

DH back from dr appt and his cholesterol is still not much better - altho he insists on mentioning the slight improvement in his LDL (from 5.6 to 5.0 - altho that won't mean much in US terms!). His total cholesterol is still very high at 7.4 yet he says he will make lifestyle changes to take care of this - guess what?? they are not working! He goes back in 3 months and as much as he hates the idea I might just invite myself along for the chat w/the dr?

Also got 3rd estimate on my car - now the guy who smashed me wanted me to call him as he was considering paying for the work (instead of thru insurance) but I am feeling I don't want to do that? Is that bad of me? He does have my phone # but has not contacted me? I just want to call the insurance company - make the arrangements for the repair and get it over with. Much more complicated if he pays for the work (and rental car?).

I did not sleep well - actually I did sleep okay til 4:30 am when I had to go use the washroom - then dh asks me to check the kitchen for some reason - so off I go - and swear to god - start cleaning up in there (in the dark) - like what i am doing? Back to bed where I could not fall back asleep so tossed and turned for a few more hours.

Yes - stressing and worrying about anything and everything - esp dd's dance costumes - I need to somehow attach these 2 clear elastic/plastic straps to her fedora (can't find my glue gun) - not sure how to do this exactly? Glue or velcro or sewing? Might go back to sewing place and ask some questions? Also need to put snaps on this piece of leopard material - such a pain in the bum! Long thing she wraps around her neck, across her chest - then criss crossed in the back - where I am supposed to put 3 snaps to hold it up (good luck to her!) - and the material is somewhat stretchy and it rolls up a bit - not easy to work with (like I would know?)

Went to see the Last Mimzy last night - okay you do need to use your imagination a LOT - but I loved the movie - so heartwarming and of course I now want a stuffed mimzy bunny - can't find one anywhere

Did not dare weigh myself this morning due to salt/popcorn ingestion yesterday. Had lunch today then overcome with SUGAR cravings - had an apple - didn't help much - so I have been CHOMPING on some sf spearmint gum to keep my mouth and mind occupied! Dh has put in the chicken for dinner so hopefully I will last that long!

DD dancing tonight - I am working on the @#$#@$@$# hat issue - think I need her home to do the snaps thing? Okay I know I am neurotic about this - but deadline is wednesday's dress rehearsal (from 5-10 pm no less!) - wish me luck!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #3  

for those of you who bought the You on a diet book.,..what Nikki mentioned on the previous thread is explained in the book!!
Coco the Activia yogurt Vickie mentioned has more sugar in it then the drs want you to eat,,unfortunately. Im not sure what kinds people on the other board are eating but I can look it up for you.

Ok Coco, I looked it up on the other thread and there is a kind called Bryers Light, and it has probiotic plus written on it. Now on the label it reads, 17 gms of sugar per serving,,,but its from the fruit . There is no added sugar to the yogurt. (I havnt seen this...jsut going by someone elses thread) Now what I would do ,,,I would buy the same yogurt but a plain yogurt and add my own fruit to it.

Last edited by p.a.; 03-26-2007 at 06:49 PM.
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

hi, girls. i'm sitting here enjoying my pass for the week. thank you, rhonda. i'm going to try to use it wisely.

i just finished raking leaves out of the front rosebed. got 3 large bags full.

got to go for now. have a great week, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone
Well was a nice day here today.
I went to WW. I gained 1/2 a lb. But I am not going to let that get to me. I know next week will be better.

P.A. Thanks. I just havent taken the time to go to the Oprah thread. Or what ever one it is with Dr Oz and see what they were talking about. I have seen Bryers. But dont remember seeing anything about the probitic one. So the next time I go to the store. I will check it out. I guess i will have to try the plain with some fruit or something in it. But just plain. I dont like.

Well I am going to get off here.
Thinking of everyone.
Hope everyone has had a good day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:41 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It is supposed to be moderately warm here today but rainy. The plumber is coming around lunchtime to install a new check valve. At least I hope that's all that is wrong with it. My eating will be great today and I intend to walk on the treadmill. I must stop making excuses.

Coco, thanks for the information on migraines. I think my vitamin/mineral pack has B12 in it. I'll have to check. So far, so good since Sunday. From all my reading, I'm blaming menopause. Heck, I blame everything else on it! Try not to let your small gain get you down. It's in the past and we all have to move on. Good luck getting it off this week. I'm convinced that exercise is the key to the weight loss kingdom!

Frouf, I would have been disgruntled with Best Buy too! In fact, I would have had the Manager involved. No way should a restocking fee be included in the price comparison. Harumpf! Did you try the camera yet? I took a fiber supplement once many years ago. It gave me the runs! I prefer to eat my fiber naturally and so far, so good! I like how full it makes me feel. I would definitely go to Doctor with DH next time. I have the same problem with my Doctor. He doesn't seem to think we need to medicate yet even though I think we might. He's anti medicine for the most part and prefers to let folks try to diet/exercise. This is ok to a certain point! I hope you slept better. I didn't either last night. I've been up since 5:00 with only 6 hours sleep. I'll be tired later. I don't even understand everything you have to do to Emily's outfit. Good luck!

Rhonda, you're lucky that age made your migraines go away. I'm thinking age has made mine appear! Apparently, it's common to get them in menopause. I've had bad headaches throughout my life but never like these few migraines I've had.

Sandra, I do use artificial sweeteners. I've always used them so I'm thinking they wouldn't start to cause headaches out of the clear blue. I'm blaming hormones since I just finished taking my progesterone on the 24th when the first headache came. It's hard to be a girl. You sound a bit nervous about not being on track. I like to be in control too. I'm not happy with myself lately.

Hey Nikki! Kids sure are more than a handful aren't they? I hope everyone is healthy in your house this morning. Thanks for the information on fiber. I believe that is one reason that Core is so successful for me.

Paula, congratulations on your great eating AND your new PC! I'm sure you'll be able to hook it up yourself. They are so easy these days. I was too afraid to do my banking on wireless. Sometimes I'm fearless with my computer and other times not.

Well, have a great day Chicks! I'll try to pop in later to see how you all are.

Last edited by Vickie; 03-27-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, how's it going? Any news for DH on contracts or a permanent job? How are you?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 AM   #8  

Vickie I have a question about your sump pump, do you have sewers or cesspool. We have a cesspool and when we do too much laundry or give baths the sump pump starts acting strange, makes weird gurgling sounds, I don't know what is wrong with it, we had our cesspool drained about 5 years ago so maybe it is due again, I hope not that cost us $500.00.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, we have two pumps; a sump pump for groundwater and an ejector pump for waste into the sewer. The one that stopped making noise is the sump pump. It used to make noise when the check valve was working. It would make a slamming noise after the pump would eject the ground water when it was slamming closed to keep the water from running back into the hole. We assume the lack of noise means the valve is dead since the pump is still running. Scary stuff with rain on the way. If it doesn't pump the water out then our basement will be wet. Must NOT lose my Christmas decorations!

Hope you all enjoyed Sump Pump 101! The nerves of this will keep me on my plan.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #10  

Hi everybody. Still no job here, but dh has an interview tomorrow. I'm hoping it goes well.

It's Spring Break this week for the girls. We're having a fun week. Yesterday we had a picnic lunch in the park (it was 80 degrees!) and today I had the 8 and 6 year olds plan a supper menu from a kids' cookbook we have. We made the menu, and the grocery list, and are going shopping later today. Then I'll help them prepare it later in the week. I think tomorrow we'll go to the library.

As for me, I am getting disgusted with my rampant eating. I think I'm rebelling against the lack of control I have in my life, and compensating by eating everything I can get my hands on. As of yesterday, I am really trying to notice what goes into my mouth, and make sure I am truly hungry before I eat it. It's hard to break those habits, for sure. I have made an effort lately though, to walk more. Before Spring Break, I was walking the girls to and from school (a mile each way), and I plan to keep that up after this week.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hang in there Angela - you can do it - and the walking will surely help - sounds like you and the girls are having fun tho! Good luck to dh w/his interview.

Vickie - no camera yet - turns out big ds has friend who works there and might be able to get it for us at cost - otherwise yes I will talk to a manager and make my issues known!

No much more sleep up late sewing SNAPS on this scrap of leopard printed stretchy velvet thing - yes I had to resew some snaps on several times - as there were a) in the wrong place and b) then too loose! Hope the costume does not fall off during dress rehearsal tomorrow (and yes I am having these low self esteem issues about all those other 'skinny mommies" (remember them?) who are EXCELLENT seamstressed and are able to properly sew clear elastic bands onto hats, etc) - need to get some super duper Joico (expensive) hairspray today (seems dd used up all last year's on her bangs!) - as they said 'girls your hair/head should feel like a helmet - it has to feel hard like a rock - not just one or two sprays - we wants LOTS of spraying - if it takes less than 2 shampoos to get it out you have not put enough in your hair!" - and I won't even tell you about the 'no underwear' speech ("and girls don't think I won't be doing an underwear check!").

Very tired today - but so far quiet at work - about to go out to do the hairspray and get more of my vitamins and supplements - ran out just before cruise and have not replenished and I do feel they were helping with my weight loss.

So what's the scoop on blood pressure meds and grapefruit? Is it allowed? Thought I read somewhere about this - or is it heart meds and grapefruit? The reason I ask is one of my supplements has grapefruit extract in it and wondering if I am negating the blood pressure medication affects if I continue to take it? Maybe I'll do some internet research!

And I don't think I could stand any sump pump gurgling or slamming noises - WOW!

Froufie
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

vickie, you can still read me like a book. i am nervous about my eating. also about my shooting.

i've been spending a lot of time in the yard this week; plus, i have been reading our sport psychology manual and doing the exercises. that should help me with both areas. it's raining today; curtis had a doctor's appt; we're just taking it easy. i got my new waterfall out of the box and looked it over. it's going to be simple to install. i'm going to put it in the flowerbed next week.

frouf, that's a lot of hairspray for sure. it would itch me to death. (and i used to have BIG texas hair.)

angela, i hope dh gets a good job soon. been there done that. i completely understand why you've been overeating. good success to you with making healthier choices. enjoy spring break with the girls.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

So I learned that we have 2 sump pumps and not a sump pump and an ejector pump. Ejector pumps are icky and I wasn't happy to have one in the basement....and now I don't. Bad news is that not only was the the check valve dead so was the sump pump. AND....the other sump is dying too. We are replacing both to the tune of $900. When it rains it pours.

I will NOT stress eat. Off to make my Core chicken cacciatorre.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #14  

Hi Everybody.
I was going to get on here earlier. But was so slow I didnt. Was pouring the rain down when that happened. I couldnt hardly see the neighbors house.
Did do much today. Did get one flower bed completely cleaned out. And then another partly. This afternoon it cleared up really nice. But you know. the grass is starting to need mowed. YUCK!!
Well I hope everyone has had a great day. Going to go read the threads. Want to check out Dr Oz's.
I really liked the meeting last night. I was about inspriation. someone who has inspired you. But our class is pretty big. So I usually dont say much in it. I dont like big crowds. But anyway. I wanted to tell them. That my friends on here inspire me. And that they are a wonderful support group. So just wanted to let you know. that you all are inspiration to me.
Thanks for always being here.
Well am going to get off here now.
hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

coco, you are so sweet. you're right. we all get so much inspiration here. ain't it great!!

vickie, $$$!!! ouch!

my records are now posted online. if anyone would like to see them, go to http://www.usaarcheryrecords.org/pub/NATSIN.HTM and look at Master 60+ Compound Women. i can't tell ya'll how proud i am of this.

eating hasn't been too bad or too good today. i need to hurry and get to louisville before i blossom.