Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #1  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Thinking about joining WW

My friend Crystal asked me to join WW with her. The meetings are 3 miles from my house. I never realized that.
Plus they have a special where my insurance will cover the cost. All that I have to pay is $1 per meeting. I entered all of my info and now Im waiting for my info pack.

Now my question is....what can I expect when I go to the meetings?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #2  

Default Ww

I have been a long time member of WW. The program works, but you have to learn to figure the points in any food item you are contemplating eating. It takes dedication to do this, but you can have anything you want, if you count the points against the daily total you are allowed. Generally, the meetings are fun and friendly. The leaders are usually friendly and helpful. There is a weekly weigh in. It helps to join with a friend, someone who will encourage you to attend meetings when you are feeling down. I tend to rebel against counting points, but you may not. You have to count something, calories, carbs, fat grams, whatever, in order to lose weight. So, I say, give it a try. And good luck.
Hilde
Old 03-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #3  
Yee Haw!

Thanks!!

Ive been counting calories and logging every bite into Fitday. Learning about the points will take some getting used to.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #4  
banned

welcome anita

you are very lucky to have a buddy with you and meetings paid for. meetings are great support and asn excellent resource!

i hate to disagree w the prev poster, but theres a no count option
Old 03-23-2007, 02:20 AM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! How wonderful that insurance will cover most of the cost for you!

Meetings for me go something like this: Weigh in, then the leader starts up the meeting. We'll discuss the weekly meeting topic, and we'll also cheer on anyone who's made good choices, lost weight, done anything positive, etc. We talk about challenges and hurdles that members have had to face that week...how you walked away from the huge slice of birthday cake or the snack food buffet in your office lounge. We also talk about how to deal with upcoming situations like the party or wedding you may have to go to over the weekend. For me the meetings are full of wonderful information and helpful people who are all in the same boat as you. I'd say take advantage of the offer you have!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #6  
Yee Haw!

Thank you!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #7  
princess of power

S/C/G: 262.8/253.8/140

Usually when you first get to the meeting, there will be a line of people waiting to WI. They also usually have a bunch of clip-boards with the registration materials for new members to fill out. Grab one before you get on line, so that you can fill it out while waiting and not hold the line up when it's your turn to WI.

Meetings vary a lot depending on the size of the meeting and the leader. I have experimented with 2 different meeting centers and have switched meetings and tried ones run by 6 different leaders. Sometimes it helps to try different meeting times/days if you don't like one leader that much. A great leader makes all the difference in the world.

At the end of your first meeting, the leader will ask all new members to stay to get a more detailed description of the program. This is a great time to go over the basics that are in your materials and also to ask any questions you might have about the program. It takes no more than a half hour and is totally worth it.

Personally, I am a huge fan of meetings. When I stopped going to meetings, I started to backslide a lot. Meetings are a great way to start your next WW off with a clean slate and a burst of motivation.

Good luck!
Closed Thread