Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #1  
Goodbye Fat!

Default Any pregnant ladies want to chat???

So I found out I was pregnant last week and have my first appointment on April 2nd. I am only 5 weeks along and this will be my first. Just looking to chat with other ladies.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #2  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Post my first also

hi, i am 14 weeks and a few days. i am so excited about having a baby. this is my first also. my doc put me on bedrest the other day because i was spotting heavily and there is a threat for miscarriage. the baby is fine though and seems healthy and has a regular heartbeat, so.... i'm going crazy sitting in my house...and my boyfriend works nights....hopefully i won't have to be on bedrest the whole time, but i don't think i'll be able to go back to work because i have to stand a lot.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:38 PM   #3  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hi - I just poked my nose in here today - just found out I was pregnant yesterday. Would love to form a little support group trying to keep fit and healthy and not put on too much weight in pregnancy.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #4  
Goodbye Fat!

Howdy all, nice to meet all of you! Just a little about myself. This will be my first one, DH and I are so excited. I have lost about 35lbs in the last year and had about 20 more to go. My goal for this pregnancy is to only gain what is needed and maintain my healthy diet and exercise program.

Onestar, glad to hear the baby is doing good, but the bedrest would be killer

Robsia, nice to meet ya!
Old 03-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #5  
MasterHarper

Hi dollypie - another November baby!! We're about the same weight and stage - will be interesting to compare how we progress.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #6  
Goodbye Fat!

Robsia,

I would love to share our progress! Do you have other children?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #7  
MasterHarper

Yes, my daughter will be 6 in May. Do you have any symptoms yet - I have nothing apart from very slightly sore bbs.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #8  
Goodbye Fat!

I am having some symptoms already. I am having mild cramping but the nurse said that was normal since this is my first pregnancy. I am tired all of the time and go to bed an hour to two hours early every night. I don't have morning sickness, but afternoon sickness until around 6pm. And the bbs are sore all the time by the time I get home the bra is the first thing that comes off because I don't want anything touching them but a lose tanktop. Not really any food aversions but have become very picky about what I want to eat.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #9  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hey dollypie i remember you from hot healthy chicks yeah i just found out im preg also shocked the heck out of me considering i already have a 1yr old
hi robsia!

just to let you guys know with my last pregnancy i dealing with dh being deployed to iraq so i joined the site called babyfit its a sister site to sparkspeople and its awesome you can join your due date club and it has diet meal plans and exercise plans i really couldnt have made it without them last year check it out>
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #10  
Goodbye Fat!

Congrats Mia!

Thanks for the info, I found the website yesterday and I really liked it. I am dollypie00 over there.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #11  

hi everyone i was wondering if you guys were still exercising?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #12  
MasterHarper

Still? LOL - that would involved exercising in the first place wouldn't it?

Well, actually I do go swimming every week and now the warmer weather is starting and my dd has just figured out how to ride without stabilisers, I see some gentle bike rides coming along and probably a fair bit of walking. But my exercise DVD is gathering dust.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:46 PM   #13  
Goodbye Fat!

Yeah, I'm still exercising at the gym every weekday morning. Cardio and some strength training. Although it was killer getting out of bed this morning. If I say I will go after work I know it will never happen, I am way too tired by 5 o'clock.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollypie View Post
Yeah, I'm still exercising at the gym every weekday morning. Cardio and some strength training. Although it was killer getting out of bed this morning. If I say I will go after work I know it will never happen, I am way too tired by 5 o'clock.
thats my problem too i always say ill do it after work
Old 03-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #15  
Goodbye Fat!

Here's a question, what sounds good to you to eat? Because nothing ever sounds good to me anymore. I have lost my appetite all together with this morning/afternoon/night sickness. I have been drinking alot of lemon sparkling water and munching on crackers but that is getting old.