Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default What kind of sick, twisted....

It was 3:30 pm tiday and I still hadnt had my traditional after lunch chocolate fix. I went and got my extra dark nugget out of the cupboard and looked at and said ...I really really want a salad.

wtf? who stole my body?
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

OMG I totally know what you mean. On meals where I have planned to go a little bit more lenient on my eating plan (special occasions or what have you) I find that I almost never do...I crave healthy. It is SO bizarre, and yet really a pretty positive feeling for me.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

It just goes to show all the hard work is paying off bigtime.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

How cool!!! But yes it's happened to me many times. Who would have thunk it? Amazing how we can retrain our bodies and our brains. I like it!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 142/135/125

Height: 5'5

Haha! That happened to me yesterday, i was about to get some cheez-its (which is one of my favorite snacks!), so i was about to get water from the fridge and i was eyeing the salad my mom made and i ate that instead! i was surprised with myself!
jinanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

But what is weird, is for me the dark chocolate after lunch is what I call "the secret to my success". That I have chocolate every....single...day on this lifestyle change.

I did eventually have the chocolate also, I just needed veggies, hadnt had any for lunch which is NOT normal for me.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #7  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Veggie cravings?

Yes, it's strange how a healthy regime can actually make you CRAVE more healthy food. For example, I never thought that I would ever crave cucumbers the way I crave, say, chocolate or cheese cake. But sometimes just thinking about how crisp and clean they taste makes my mouth water. I always liked cucumbers, but never thought of them as a desired snack food. Now I actually prefer them to crackers and try to include them in my daily prepared snacks for the sudden cravings.

How weird is that??????
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #8  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
It was 3:30 pm tiday and I still hadnt had my traditional after lunch chocolate fix. I went and got my extra dark nugget out of the cupboard and looked at and said ...I really really want a salad.

wtf? who stole my body?
*in the middle of scarfing an extra dark chocolate nugget*

Wha?

BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #9  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Watermelon. I`ve been craving watermelon like I craved Jared Leto back when "My so called life" was on. They sell huge slices here for about 20 cents. Oh man, I need me some watermelon right now.

By the way, as a self confessed chocoholic, I haven`t had even a taste of chocolate since I got here 4 weeks ago. Wow. I`m going to ponder this over a slice of watermelon.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 125/125/105

Height: 4'11"

You guys are cracking me up!!!
Scatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by archy View Post
I haven`t had even a taste of chocolate since I got here 4 weeks ago.
Is that by choice? Or they just don't "do" chocolate over in Peruvia? Or do they "do" it, but just poorly?

Well at least you can satisfy something over there, you can take care of that watermelon craving and all for a mere 20 cents. Do enjoy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #12  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Is that by choice? Or they just don't "do" chocolate over in Peruvia? Or do they "do" it, but just poorly?
Oh no, there`s this fantastic chocolate called "sublime" that really lives up to its name. It`s that I never buy it. I just started thinking about why I don`t buy it and I think it`s because it`s always in a hidden place in the kiosk and unavailable at the market. I never see it!

In the US I would always buy my Hershey bar if I was in a gas station where they´re staring right at you, or at the check out line at the grocery store. Now that I never really see chocolate, I don`t crave it. Weird.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #13  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Man, booklover. Now I really want some cucumbers.
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:46 AM   #14  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigawd! Is it possible? Can we really be thinking differently these days???? Yesterday, I craved POPCORN!???!!! I looked at my Orville Reddenbacher lite butter-flavored box and noted that there were only 15 calories per cup????? Suddenly, it became my favorite snack food. Darn!!!! I meant to bring some to pop in the microwave at work today & forgot. Oh, well, I've got an apple. All is not lost. This from a dyed-in-the-wool choco-holic from wayyyyyyy back, folks!

Have a great, healthy-snack-preferring day, all! (Yay for us!!!! )

Best,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #15  
Ready for a better life!

I am a proud chocoholic from a looooonnnnggg lineage of such noble women! The fat-free fudgsicle bars are keeping me sane. Sometimes I save enough calories to have 2
The popcorn comment just literally saved my life! I had to use my lunch time to run to the doctor for another antibiotic shot (my aching hip) and came sooo close to running through the Mickey D drive thru. Then at the dr's office they weighed me and I was down 3 pounds (cue the music!)! Talk about giving me the will to drive past McD's and straight back to work. I was sitting here listening to my stomach growl when I read the popcorn comment and remembered the bag in my desk drawer. Happy days are here again!
Feelin' good cept for the sore hip!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote