UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 11st13lbs/11st13lbs/10st

Height: 5 feet 8.5 inches

Default Food obsessed?

Is it just me or is anyone else obsessed by food? I am constantly thinking about the next meal/snack and my hubby laughs at me cos after Dinner I always ask what he wants the next night! I just LOVE food and I am a keen cook too, I think that is prob why I have gained so much!
tracyj69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #2  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Me too! I fantasize about the next meal, even while I'm eating in the present. When I'm really on track the way I think is healthier and cleaner, more like what will give me fiber in my next meal, opposed to what topping will I eat on my pizza! Oye!

Glad I'm not alone.
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #3  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default I know what you mean...

I know exactly how you feel, I think about food a lot too. I watch Food Network everyday and I go on allrecipes.com a lot to look for new recipes. I think part of this obsession with food DOES come from being a pretty good cook...or at least I would like to tell myself that, I don't know if it is true or not. It doesn't help that I am in charge of planning the food for the week and do most of the shopping. But what does help is that I only plan the food on Friday mornings so I obsess less because I am not having to plan too often. It helps a little.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/203/167

Height: 5"5

i do too. im always thinking about what to have for meals in advance. in fact i have a diary which i write down everything that i eat in a day so i can keep track on what im putting in so i no how much excercise to do.
i plan my meals about a week in advnace.then im always looking at whats been written down so i no what im cooking the next night.
although tonight is my naughty night. i allow myself to eat whatever i fancy for tea. usually either pizza or chinease.
nicolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #5  

I have started keeping a food diary too, and writing in it how much exercise I do too, I think that way I can see where i go wrong (or right hopefully ) I ought to get into the habit of planning my meals more too!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:11 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I love food planning as well. I really enjoy browsing the internet for recipe ideas (BBC food website, Allrecipes, Meals.com and others) and I also buy loads of recipe books and read them like I'd read a novel. Much to the disgust of my husband I've now got a whole wall in my kitchen shelved out and completely covered with them. In fact I think of 'food' as my main hobby, I find cooking very relaxing - bit like meditation.

I find that the more I THINK about the food I intend to eat then the less I actually consume. Its only when I eat mindlessly that it all goes wrong.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #7  

I love cookery books too, love just browsing through them for ideas and trawling the internet too, my ideal job would be Chef, did you watch Masterchef? Where are you in Yorkshire?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #8  

Oh I loved Masterchef, I used to watch it years ago and watched the majority of this last series too. Absolute torture and very 'drool making'!
bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/203/167

Height: 5"5

is anyone watching that celebrity chef thing? where the soapstars have a cook off. lol i think its really funny.
nicolae is offline   Reply With Quote