Old 03-19-2007, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something's Daily - Mon March 19th

morning all. Sitting here and having coffee. i made myself get up and exercise again this am God i feel great afterwards. So we'll see. I'm trying to get myself in the habit and do it mon-friday. Hope everyone is well and has a great day! check back later
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

I'm still at work! I work nights. I think that's part of the reason I have been so unmotivated to make any major changes in my life. Night shift makes me cranky

Hope everyone has a great day
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:19 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

I'm a bit cranky this AM as my "XL french vanilla, light w/milk, no sugar" DD coffee turned out to be the girl behind me in the drive thru's - I heard her order "hazelnut, dark, 2 splenda"...gross. I drank barely half and dumped it. So I had to start over with work coffee, which ain't that great.

GG, I soo wish I could get up and exercise in the AM. I would have to get up at 4 I think, because DH gets up at 5 and wakes me up at 6. Sometimes the boys wake up between then. I could just see me getting up at 5 to go walk or something and having the boys wake up and freak out because nobody is there.

Happy, you have a great FIL! Glad you got a little time away.

Lisa, funny you mention Benny's monte cristo, I had it once years ago and hated it, it was too greasy. I LOVE "normal" monte cristos, like you get at the diner - 2 slices of thick french toast with ham, turkey and swiss melted on top...with syrup! :eat: YUM!

Molly, Sorry about the diagnosis, but you're right, at least you now know what you're dealing with.

Karen, I LOVE WC! What was the name of the place?

Joan, yup, 6 yrs.! I know what you mean about the water. On the weekend I feel like I always have "pasty mouth" and am thirsty, because I don't drink nearly as much as during the week!

GG, Would you recommend Savannah as a vacation spot? What are some things to do there?

Hi to everyone I missed! Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #4  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lisa, I answered your pm. We went a few places but ended up at OB's. It's just a hole in the wall bar on Tremainsville. Way on the other side of the world from you. LOL If you've even heard of it I'll be surprised.

Joan, I know it could be worse. I've seen a lot of shows recently on Autism (which is what finally kicked me in the butt to do something) and I know that Bryan is on the high spectrum and that there are much worse cases out there. It's so amazing what they can acomplish now with it. I'm very positive about things. Bryan even seems more relaxed knowing that there's a reason for why he is the way he is and he's not just crazy.

Lauren, so sorry about the coffee! I absolutely HATE hazelnut! ICK!

OK I am totally back on track today. I am taking it one meal at a time. I am working the core WW plan and I keep slacking but no more. I have to buckle down and do this. And I can! And I will!

Make it a great day everyone!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning!! So far so good this morning!! I always have a hard time for breakfast 'cause I just can't get into cooking something. I went with half a bagel and about 1 T. of cream cheese (I don't really like cream cheese, but it's less fat/cal than butter). I also had 10 oz of orange juice. That was less calories than a whole bagel with 1 T. of butter. If I get hungry before lunch and just *need* something I will have a banana.

I have also made the beds, dusted my room, straightened the bathroom and started the dishwasher. Now I have to start the piles of laundry. I did every stitch of laundry on Friday and the hamper is full and piled to almost as high as I am tall. How do we make so much laundry in two days?? Ugh!

Lauren: It's called White Rose and it's in Highland Park. I thought it was gross and DH wasn't very nice for tricking me. He asked me afterwards if I ever wanted it again. I was like *NO*. I told him if he just had to have it I would try a chicken sandwich next time. Sorry about your coffee!! Next time taste it before you drive away!

GG: Yay!! Good for you for getting up to exercise! I'm glad you felt better afterwards.

Clover: Sorry you don't like working nights. I wouldn't either. What kind of work do you do? (Sorry if I missed it.)

Mama: Sorry for the diagnosis, but knowing must be a relief. Now you know how to help him. Hugs to you.

Lisa: That's one sandwich I can pass on!

Hmmm, for a fat person I sure am a picky eater. I wish I was so picky about bread, cheese and sweets!! Oh, good news for me today!! I'm down *3* pounds since Thursday.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello to all!

GG, good for you for getting up and exersizing. What a great way to get the endorphins going. Hopefully today will be a better day at work for you than last week.

Clover, I think that your feelings are normal for those that work third shift. I worked second for a while and it really messes with you.

Lauren, Syrup?? Oh that does not sound appitizing at all!! I guess that why they have different styles. Sorry about the coffee~ I am not particularly fond of it, however I hate when they mess up an order because I am soo picky.

Molly, I responded back! Sorry about Brian, I am glad that he is no longer thinking that he's the one that is crazy.

Karen, wow you are superwoman or something today. I do not envy you with all that laundry. Oh and congrats on the 3 lbs.

Well off to check other emails and make some phone calls.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #7  

Morning all!

Got good news and bad news today. When I did my weekly weigh-in I discovered instead of the pound loss I was expecting (had it on Friday at least) I was up 2 pounds! Talk about a let down! But then when I went to get dressed for work today a pair of pants I haven't worn in a while (they were too tight) fit like a dream, yay! So, boo to the scales but yay to the pants fitting! I know Saturday was what caused my gain. Even though I saved flex points and everything (and didn't use them all) Fish and Chips at a local pub was not the smartest choice for a St. Paddy's Day dinner. Add to all the snackages that I've had this week, and I sabotaged myself. I'm going to work hard this week to make sure I don't do that again. I want to see a definate loss this week!

I haven't read over the weekend thread yet - bad me. So I think I've missed some news and such.

GG, kudos for getting up in the mornings and exercising! It's such a great habit, wish I could make myself do it.

Lauren, your coffee order sounds so good! It's never cool when you don't get to drink what you've got your tastebuds set on, hopefully the lack of coffee won't mar the morning too badly!

Molly, congrats on your recommitment! How are you liking the core plan so far?

KarenK, man you've accomplished a ton of stuff this morning! As far as your breakfast, have you considered using I can't believe it's not butter spray instead of the real stuff? That's what I do in the mornings and it works great. And 'Grats on the loss!

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!
celticcowgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #8  
LBH

CCG, I never thought to use ICBINB on a bagel or anything. I actually just bought some for the first time a month or so ago and I think I've used it once on veggies! I will have to try that on a bagel. Every now and then I get a toasted bagel at DD and am usually disappointed, because even though I ask them to put just a scratch on, it's dripping in butter. Gosh, my DD sucks!!

Karen, congrats on the loss!!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #9  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Hello All!

Wow-the weekend chat was very fun (I don't have Internet @ home so I was just checking through some of the posts now). Phew...busy week coming up for me-fasting blood draw tomorrow after work & I'm not so sure how I'm gonna survive orientation for 130 people tomorrow on no food! YIKES! Ya'll be proud, though....I bought buttloads of tuna this weekend, plain potatoes and gallons upon gallons of WATER! I bought NO pop. Not even ONE Mountain Dew....hard to believe. What did I miss with Michelle? A broken rib? Yeow! Don't you have to like watch so it doesn't puncture a lung or anything or have I been watching too many movies???

Kerri: Great information on the meds. I find that interesting...I really wonder why some doctors still insist that generics aren't "whole," if you will? Hmmm.....I've bought into that somewhat because I won't have my bc pill be anything but DAW (though it's not like I'm seeing any action so why would it matter-yeah, too much information). However, I always get my allergy meds (Flonase & Allegra) as generics and have had no problems at all. Good to know though, Kerri so thanks!!!

Lauren: Starting off with the wrong coffee would have just ticked me off! I mean, on a Friday...ok maybe...but on a MONDAY? So you never got to do your romantic getaway?

GG: YOU ROCK with your dedication getting up in the a.m. to work out. YOU GO GIRL!

Karen K: You ALSO ROCK-you've accomplished so much my head is spinning thinking of you moving around so fast!

Mamabear: Wow. Things are definitely going to be challenging with your circumstances, but it sounds like you have such a wonderful attitude! There are so many advancements and new programs focusing on autism these days that I hold a lot of hope for the future!!!

Joan: That's kind of a bummer about the one offer...but I can't blame ya...that's a LOT to come down when you have to cover everything else for them too! w/o a doubt!

Clover: When I worked as a Corrections Officer I worked mids for about 4 years.....it was awful! I could only sleep from like 8:30 am-about noon or 1:00 pm and then I'd be up for the day. I'd finally get to the gym for a lazy workout around 4:00 pm...but then I'd have to take a nap before getting up and ready for work. It was a very stressful time-I could never get used to sleeping during the day, never got a recuperative sleep and it became a vicious circle!!! I feel for you!!!

Lisa: Glad to hear from ya!!!! Yeah, I regret one of the tats, the other two I love. Crazy things we do when we're younger!

Have a good day! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #10  

clover - i think if i had kids i wouldn't be able to do the early morning work out..but right now its just me and DH. So it makes it a bit better...as long as i get enough sleep the night before.
laruen - sorry about the coffee..its funny i'm such a coffee snob now. I finally broke down and bought a high quality espresso machine to do my own. Now when i do go to starbucks (ie vacation, out of town)...i'm so picky. Can't tell you how many times i've had them remake my coffee since they burned the milk. LOL yes i am a snob...but now darnit if i'm gonna pay $4 for an latte...better be freaking right LMAO' btw lauren...sent you a pm on things to do places to see in SAV. Are you coming for a visit?
hey there melinda...hang in there...sucks to have an afternoon blood draw. you can't make it any earlier...i wouldn't survive...sorry but i can only function on a low blood glucose for so long LOL
today was good...very slow...but i guess i can't complain after last week. It would be nice if i did have SOME stuff to do. lol. Alright guys...going to go cruise somemore...see ya laters.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #11  

Red face Neebie here!

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself. Well I am so thankful for having accidently found this site. I have spent quite sometime feeling completely miserable about my out of control weight, but of course had done nothing to change it. This weekend I spent alot of time reading many of the postings and decided to join. I'm still trying to figure out what type of dieting I'm going to try but at least now I have some motivation. I've always had to watch my weight but at some point I just gave up. Currently i'm at the heaviest weight (I'm only 5'3" and 240) I've ever been and its going to be a long hard road back down. I think alot of my weight gain came from just being unhappy. Slowly I'm now starting to deal with all those issues but I think taking control of my weight and health again will be a step in the right direction. Wish me luck! Hope all of you are having a wonderful Monday.
MOI MOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #12  

moimoi...do what ever is right for you...but just do it. I find calorie counting works best for me. It's a great way to monitor how much you are eating. There are some really good sites to find out your BMI (basal metabolic rate) and that will give you some indications how much you should eat to loose 1-2lbs a week. I use fitday.com to keep a calorie counting log. I'll post those sites later tonight...at my work computer and the sites are saved on them. Good luck!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #13  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

HI MOI MOI!!!!!!

You will LOVE it here @ 3FC and especially 30 somethings! We'll help ya get to where you need to go! It's going to be long process...but the long process is the successful one!

EVERYONE here @ 30 somethings is super supportive and funny and wonderful-but I think you have learned that from reading through the posts!!!

Again, WELCOME!!! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #14  
LBH

Hi Moi Moi!! Glad you joined us! Jump right in, you'll find lots of support here and all over the boards!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #15  

Question

Hi all! I'm new to this site. My co-worker/friend encouraged me to get on. This is a wonderful site, and everyone is so supportive. I've been overweight all my life, but an extremely overweight now. I joined Weight Watchers in September 2006. I have lost 20 lbs. so far (not fast progress, but progess nonetheless) and I am at a standstill right now. I have a long way to go and get very discouraged and tend to give up, so I need lots of encouragement. My family is very supportive, it's the war within myself that I fight constantly. Exercise is a very hard thing for me to do consistently. I've also felt very down the past few months and don't have a very high self-esteem (it's never really on the high end anyway), because in November my husband announced that he wanted a divorce. Our divorce was final February 12. I've handled it all rather well, until this past Friday I found out he was moving in with a woman he says he just met. I was able to cope with the fact that he wanted a divorce (I really wasn't 100% happy either), but I just can't seem to get past him moving in and hooking up with another woman so quickly, or that she may have been the reason for his sudden decision (I didn't see it coming). I've been trying focusing my efforts on my house, repainting, moving furniture, a little yard work (not quite Spring around here yet though). These projects give me some physical activity that I desperately need. I need to find something I enjoy doing enough to make me want to do it on a consistent basis, that doesn't cost much money (making that mortgage payment on my own now), and hopefully meet some new people. I'm also concerned that if I don't get this weight off that it will be hard for me to meet another man for a relationship. It was hard enough before (not looking like Barbie) to meet my ex-husband. I got married at 32 years old and I'm 38 now. I would like kids, but my age is now a factor as well as my weight. I held off getting pregnant when I was married because of my weight - I wanted it to be an enjoyable experience and I was afraid at my size I may develop health issues during pregnancy. Now I'm glad we didn't have kids. I would still like to have kids, but I would like to be married (no interest in being a single mom). All-in-all, I don't have any health issues considering my size, so that's good. Any words of wisdom ladies?
peanut331 is offline   Reply With Quote