WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 09:05 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry Boca Italian Sausage

HI!
I tried the Boca Italian Sausage. It's a filling sausage for 2 points.
It packs plenty of protein and little fat. It's an acceptable substitute for regular Italian Sausage with the bonus of lower points. I used it by slicing it into a small portion of spaghetti sauce and served it over macaroni. Then I tried stir-frying onion and peppers and sliced the sausage into that as well. Then I put it in a Mission 98% FF tortilla wrap and had a great sandwich for 3-4 points (depending on how much onion you want to use).
Hope you like these ideas.
234/211/thinner
Old 11-04-2001, 12:14 PM   #2  

They're the best substitute for Italian sausage I've found. I like them, too. My only complaint is how salty they are, but that's pretty minor when you consider that you can get this for only 2 points.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:48 AM   #3  

Default I love these things!

The Boca Sausages are my favorite too. I also use the Breakfast Sausage Patties and Links (1 pt!) and they taste so real! I don't know how they make this stuff have the taste and texture of meat! Have you tried the brautwursts? They are really good too and only 3 pts.
Old 11-05-2001, 06:41 PM   #4  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

I haven't seen the bratwursts here in NY, but I'll look a little harder. I love the breakfast sausages too---or the patties. Really good and real point savers over the meat types.
Closed Thread