Old 03-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5ft 4in

Default I am trying so hard!!

I have done so good this week! All but 1 day this week (with the exception of today) I stayed under 1300 calories and felt great. Today, I feel like I just blew it. My father-in-law keeps bringing over snacks (mini cookies, doughnuts, cup cakes) for my kids. I tell him not to and he just doesn't listen. I throw most of them away (even though they are there my kids don't get them often. Beleive it or not, most days they prefer carrots to chips - oh if I could only be more like my kids!) So today after lunch I was just not satisfied and I could not get food off my mind. I gave in and had a bunch of mini cookies and milk. I feel like I just should give up! I know that tomorrow is a new day and I need to restart RIGHT NOW! I just had to vent about my lack of self-control. Thanks for listening!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #2  
where'd I go?

S/C/G: 180/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi adaem,
I totally know where you are coming from. Just remember how good you feel when you have accomplished eating well, exercising or what have you and feel healthy...find your inspiration there and go right back to it. I know you can do it. I also have come to realize myself that I can't cut treats out completely otherwise I'll give in and beat myself up for it. So I plan sometimes by setting some calories aside for a treat and know that all I can have is this certain amount and it will taste great and I'm still on the train pushing ahead. I wouldn't say it's lack of self-control but rather the option of choosing...so choose to jump back on...you'll be fine.
mjchik0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I just had 8 unplanned famous amos chocolate chip pecan cookies at 300 calories. Oh well! Tomorrow is a new day. I've already planned on having less calories tomorrow, which I do pretty much every day I adjust upward or downward. I never stick to the same calorie allotment so I can be flexible. Lighten up on yourself, we do not get overweight from one session with a few mini cookies and milk. As long as we turn things around immediately..a few slip ups now and again should be par for the course (expected and factored in).
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

I don't understand what the problem is. You can eat cookies if you want. If you allow yourself 1300 calories a day, then you should have no problem eating cookies. Yogurt and wheat germ are 185 (breakfast), lunch is easy to pull off at 300 to 400 calories TOPS, and that still leaves you 700+ calories for dinner. You can definitely eat 450 to 500 calories for dinner, and whatever is left is your cookie allowance.

If that isn't enough, have your cookies for breakfast.

The whole idea of calorie counting is that you control HOW you spend your calories. Just as you control how you spend your money.

I don't get it when people complicate it so much by freaking about what they ate. Granted, I wouldn't waste calories on soda but I'm not giving up my M&M's once a week either.

Take a step back, look at your entire plan, and grasp the point behind calorie counting. You're stressing like a South Beach dieter.

;-)
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

AND...

If you fall into deprivation mode, you are not going to stick with it. No way will you stick with anything long-term if it feels like perpetual ****.

Mami has the right idea... you go overbudget today, go underbudget tomorrow. They call it zig zagging and it's the best thing in the world for your metabolism.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote