Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat ~ March 12 - 18

good morning gang

I do not like this time change. It will take me all week to getting use to getting up an hour earlier, so of course, I did not exercise this morning. It was pitch black dark when I left my house this morning of course, I will like the extra hour of daylight when I get home this evening tho

What's everybody doing today?

I brought cereal and milk for lunch today. yum. I love cereal.

what's everybody else having for lunch today?
hope it's a great day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #3  

good morning gang

where is our gang?

what's everybody up to today?

Leenie - how's work? did you start your new position yet?

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 03-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Afternoon,

Cathy I think were alone LOLOL I don't know whats happened to the ol gang

I'll be training for my new job for the next two months or so. The lady here leaves April 30th.

How are you?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

check this out ...

http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagle.html
Old 03-14-2007, 03:28 AM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Default Here I am!

I'm here........I will admit it. I've been a lurker lately. lol. Just haven't felt like posting..........But I've been reading.

I'm still taking my Wellbutrin XL, but I think since my stupid insurance made me try the generic for a month, not its going to take a while to get the wellbutrin back into my system and working again.

Haven't been a very good girl, but haven't been the worst either. I've been drinking a lot of H20. I found a new love, The Subway Club! I had never had it before, my mil gets it all the time. Its one of the 6 g. of fat or lower subs at Subway. Its yummy!

Anywho, nothing major going on, just work basically. Pretty boring stuff. lol. Our boss is being monitored though by her boss. So things are slowly changing.

Thats about it. Sorry my life is so boring. lol.

Take care!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

I am here also. The time change sure hits you hard. Yesterday I decided that it is a good thing that I work out with my mom and my sister or there is no way I would have. In fact it was so bad I was trying to come up with an excuse not to go. I can usually push through not wanting to go and work out, but this was a bad one. But I did work out and feel much better about it. My DH started at a gym this week. He is working out with my BIL on his way to work. They carpool, so it works out well.

I did loose another pound last week. I am starting to make up for the lost ground. I have also been good all month. ie staying in calorie range and working out on the days that I have set up for that. I have set up all school days.

Anyway that is about it. I will chat later.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #8  

good morning gang

it's been raining cats and dogs again all morning here, but now the sun is out. I hope the rain is over with!

Leenie - awesome webcam of the eagle. aren't they beautiful! thanks for sharing! I'm fine - just really busy. I have got to get a new computer at work and I'm dreading switching things over, but it's gotta be done soon. I'm working on tax stuff and I'm just a little overwhelmed by everything I need to do. But I'm fine!

Trish - congrats on getting up and exercising. I am having the hardest time getting up so of course I haven't exercised this week. I'm just trying to get use to the time change. But you are doing great! YOU GO GIRL!

Sassy - your life doesn't sound boring. It sounds normal. Personally, I like not having a lot of drama in my life! I like the Subway Club also, and the roast beef too. yum. Now I'm gonna be thinking about Subway sandwiches all day

ok I've got to get back to work.
hugs,
Cathy
Old 03-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi girls, I'm sorry I can't play but I did read your posts.

I'll catch up at the end of the week
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx View Post
good morning gang

it's been raining cats and dogs again all morning here, but now the sun is out. I hope the rain is over with!

Sassy - your life doesn't sound boring. It sounds normal. Personally, I like not having a lot of drama in my life! I like the Subway Club also, and the roast beef too. yum. Now I'm gonna be thinking about Subway sandwiches all day

ok I've got to get back to work.
hugs,
Cathy
Hi Cathy!

It was raining here today too, but its still warm. Supposed to snow this weekend though. lol.

Thanks. Yeah I guess you are right, it is nice not having drama right now. lol. I've been thinking of Subway ever since I had the Subway Club. lol. We were going to have it today, but DH decided he wanted the Great Steak & Potato. I know definately not a healthy choice, but to be honest I only ate 1/2 my sandwich (had a steak sandwich) and only a few fries and DH boxed them up to eat later.

Also not going to be a good day tomorrow as DH is making his lasanga. I've been craving it and its not like we eat it every single day. Also better than eating fast food I'm sure! I also want to stop before work and get a nice salad!

Hi to Everybody else out there!

to all the newbies!

I hope you all have a great day/night!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:05 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Chantal
Old 03-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Welcome Chantal. This group is great. There is a lot of help and support here. We all understand how debilitating depression can be at times. It sounds like you have a harder time than most, but we have been there. I have also had people that do not beleive in depression. My mom does not quite understand how debilitating it can be at times. When I finally got on medication I could not beleive what a difference it made. I could not beleive how my thought processes changed. It was just such a releif. My mom does understand that I have depression, but she does not understand how truly debilitating it can get. I will have to be on medication for the rest of my life, but I say taking one little pink pill always is much better than living in my head without it. Good luck with all and you will do great.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #13  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Talking hello again

Depression and weight gain goes hand in hand.When I'm sad,I eat.Its been 6 days straight that I haven't had a binge episode.I don't have any serious depression anymore,but the habit of eating still remains.Each time I crave a bad food...I wait 5 minutes...if I can wait 5 minutes...I wait another 5...and so on...and a whole days goes by and I didnt have any dangerous trigger foods.Its amazing how 6 days of binge-free can do for my emotional well-being.I am happier,my brain is less foggy(less sugar I guess lol)..and I can think positive more often.

ChantyKitty meow

ChantyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

Welcome Chantal! This is a great place to be and congrats on the six days!!

Well Friday is almost here, I think I'm ready. I got my van tuned up, oil changed and transmission serviced, so it should be good to go. I filled up the gas tank at 99.9 cents a litre before it went up to $1.05 a litre (rediculous!) My sister is going to go with us, it helps knowing there is another adult there plus she is way calmer than I am. C's gi is all washed and hanging to dry now. So just the packing left to do. (can you tell, I'm trying to stick on the positives?) So all is good.
I went and got my hair cut yesterday. I haven't gone to a salon to have it cut in years and years. Its so nice to finally have a style of some sort. Now I have to figure what to do with it, but at least I'm starting to care. I also put my "natural" colour in last week so now its shines red instead of that other "colour" And the sun is shining Its suppose to go above freezing and rain this weekend, so hopefully a lot of this snow goes. My mom and I picked up wooden pallets so I can fashion a bridge of sorts at the end of the driveway for when the "lake" appears, as I doubt if the culverts will thaw out in time.

Sorry for rambeling on, but I'm afraid thats my way of convincing myself that everything will be fine. I should go and carry on cleaning and laundry.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #15  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello there I should start posting a daily hello, because I always check the "Depression" threads anyway.

Not sure if I've introduced myself before but I take Lexapro, 20 mg. daily for depression. As others relate also, I have good days and not-so-good days, but the good one outweigh the bad by bar, thank goodness.

I read here for support, because when I've tried to confide in friends, I just didn't get the reaction I wanted. I can't blame them for their feelings, so I just don't approach the subject with them. But I get alot from you girls here
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote