Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of Mar 12/07

Good morning everyone!

The weekend seemed to fly by! I did manage to accomplish a few things over the weekend and I feel good about that. Shredded a bunch of old check stubs, etc. that I've been putting off. Saturday we had rain off and on so it was a good day to be inside.

Found a great black pinstripe jacket/pant set on Saturday marked down. The pinstripes are a very pale pink/blue. Sunday DS #1 and I went shopping. Weather was sunny so DH and I decided to grill outside even though the temps were in the 40's.

Busy week ahead of me here--our orientation booklets arrived so we'll be assembling the packets to go out in the mail.

So how was everyone's weekend?
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #2  

Hi Melissa.

I had a busy weekend too, despite this nasty cough/cold. I weighed in on Saturday and was dreading it, given how I've been eating. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to see a gain of only 1.4 lbs. Believe me, that was a gift.

The dresser that I bought a few weeks ago was delivered on Saturday afternoon. I spent most of yesterday re-arranging things and finally unpacking the last of the boxes from my move. Dresser looks great and the wire cublicle arrangement that I was using in the room actually fits into the double closet and is a great organizer. I'm really pleased with the results.
Now to get the pictures on the wall and a few plants to complete the space.

Went out on Saturday nite to a 60th birthday bash for a local entertainer. Great time! Managed to stay out til almost 12:30 am and felt like a real adult for a change

Didn't run this weekend because I'm still not feeling great. Brought my gym stuff but just don't know if I'm ready - we'll see how I feel after work.

I have a busy week too - both at and outside of the office. Big thing on the list is to prepare my tax return. Ugh!

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, the outfit sounds nice. Grilling at 40 degrees? Brr. I also grilled, but it was 80 degrees.

Susan, why did you have to mention the tax return? Actually, mine's done, but putting off sending it in as we owe (as usual). I'm glad the dresser worked out. The party sounds like fun. Sorry about the gain, but as you said you sort of expected it.

I was busy with rehearsal and then the oratorio was yesterday. We had a small audience, but they enjoyed it. My solo went better than the last time I did it. Eating-wise, not good. I went out for ice cream Friday night and then on Saturday at lunch I had french fries...it just keeps going on.

Hi to lala, Pam, Karynlee, et al
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.

I am so tired. Not really from the time change, just from being busy.

I am also experiencing the scratchy throat, so I am thinking that I may leave early today so that I can rest.

Had a friend here from Mt. Rainier most of the weekend. She has the most stressful job right now (think Katrina-scale devestation in a national park with all sorts of permitting issues and lots of really pissed off environmental groups trying to shut down recovery). Walked the st. patricks's day race yesterday in the pouring rain and tried to recover from being gone all week.

I lost 1.6# which made me happy, but the last two days were not stellar and with that half coming up on April 15th, I better get back on the training track as it has a lot of hills.

Melissa - good job on the shopping find! I am going to shred tonight too, but it scares ernest.

Lisa - when are we going to hear you on CD? Sounds like you had a busy weekend too. I will agree, 40 is cold for grilling, I'll take 60 as a middle ground.

Susan - It must be great to be unpacked and to find purpose for the other wire shelving. As for staying out until 12.30 am, I know what you mean - so adult like! . I hope you feel better soon.

Hi to everyone else!

Ernest turned one last week. Sniff.

Here is his one year old portrait. I should photoshop out the crap on the side table. Argh.

lalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #5  

lala, what a great photo--Ernesto is very long! If I can figure it out, I'll make a file of my song from yesterday. Probably won't get the CD till next month.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies,

The weather has taken a turn for the better here. Temps were in the 50's today which is just fabulous after the week of bitter cold we just had.

No work for me today, my sister's mother in law passed away and the funeral was this morning. She was 96 years old and had an amazing life. My nephews were both very upset to lose their beloved "Noni" but they have a lot of nice memories.

Lala that is one handsome birthday boy. Good for you for walking in the St Paddy's day race in the rain and a big congrats on your loss!

Lisa the little ice cream shop close to my house opened for the season this weekend. I'm trying to stay away but ice cream is my weakness....so are french fries! I would love to hear you sing, I hope you can figure out how to make a file of your song from the weekend.

Susan wow you had a productive weekend. I definately need to organize my closet and have been looking at some wire storage. Glad your's worked out for you.

Melissa I've been known to grill in 40 degree whether also Your pant suit sounds very nice, that was a nice score!

Well ladies time to take the clothes out of the dryer. I didn't get any laundry done this weekend so that's what I'm dealing with today. Hope everyone had a nice Monday! Talk to you later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #7  

Good to hear from you, Pam. Also glad your weather is improving. I don't eat a lot of ice cream, but if I get the craving, I HAVE TO HAVE IT. Speaking of dryers, mine is on the fritz, so a repairman will be showing up today.

Last night was the Irish Show at my church. It was a pretty good show (what I saw of it). I was busy counting money and working the bar.

It's beautiful here today. Spring breakers are arriving and the weather couldn't be better for them.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #8  

lala: OMG that Ernest is cute. Loooong, and cute!!

Lisa: I could use a little bit of the weather you're describing. It's very nice here this morning - sunny and just around freezing. Supposed to get up to double digits inland - very nice and long overdue.

Pam: French fries are a big weakness for me. Ice cream - not so much.

Melissa: Your new suit sounds nice. Is is light weight - suitable for spring?

We started packing up the office yesterday. It's a sad time, but I know it's time to move on. The next few weeks will no doubt be difficult as I say good-bye to a lot of really nice folks. Sigh...the changes continue.

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:34 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone!

We had a very coldish morning here, but it was sunny, which is great. I put ernest's polarfleece on since he's in the car all day. Fear not, he goes on two walks at work.

I am so tired today. I'm not very together. I seem to have a little headcold, so I may end up going home early.

Susan - Packing up is hard. I thought you had decided to leave, I didn't realize that the lack of funding meant the whole office was shutting down. Hugs to all of you. You all did great work.

Pam - did you mention ice cream? Yum.

Lisa - What kind of Irish program did your church do? Singing and some dancing?

Hi to everyone else!

I'm back to my boring existence of chasing my tail...
Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #10  

Good afternoon! It's an absolutely gorgeous day here! The temps have risen to 72 degrees! I know it's not going to be here that long but heck I'll take it! The bummer part is that I was not able to get outside at noon and take advantage of the weather and go for a walk. We had a Women's History Month function that I volunteered to help with so I was inside! I may try and squeeze in a 15-minute walk later this afternoon.

Pam: It's not bad grilling outside as long as the wind isn't blowing

Lisa: I'm planning a trip down south the end of April--I found a great airfare and talked to my girlfriend this morning. I'm ready for a vacation and some "girl" time!

Susan: It must be hard having to pack up an office; I think I could wear the suit pretty much year round--it doesn't feel all that heavy.

Lala: Great picture of Ernest! Congrats on the loss! I haven't had good eating days the past two--I don't know if it's from the time change or what but I've been "searching" for something and haven't been satisfied

We have a WW staff meeting this weekend and as part of that we are going to have a WI--I hate that because it's never the same as it is on Wednesdays when I get weighed. *sigh* I just won't pay attention to it. I'm filling in for someone on Saturday morning so I won't get into trouble with eating before the staff meeting in the afternoon so that's the good part.

I'm planning a trip down to visit my GF in Florida and am excited about some time away. She'll start planning our tearoom visits which is always a lot of fun.

I really want to be outside today and not sitting here at my desk...at least I can open my windows and let the fresh air in....
Old 03-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #11  

Hi ladies,

The weather is sunny and 60 and should stay that way through Thursday...Yippee! I feel kind of blah today due to the arrival of TOM. Some months are worse than others and this is a bad one. Other than that, same old same old here. Trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight and trying not to cave in to my desire for Mexican Food which is what I'm really craving.

Melissa 72.... Wow hope you made it outside for a walk. What part of FL are you visiting. A girls vacation sounds like a great idea.

Lala I got a chuckle out of thinking about Ernest in polarfleece How's work going for you?

Susan that sounds like a sad time. Will you still see some of the people you worked with? You've really had a lot of change in your life this past year.

Lisa hope your dryer is working again. Mine was running most of the day yesterday catching up with laundry.

Well ladies time to see if I can get a walk in, maybe that will help energize me. Talk to you later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Its bright and chilly here. I would love to see 55 degrees today. Hoping to take ernest home and run or walk the lake.

More ernest pictures here.
lala
Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #13  

Melissa, hope you got a walk in. I'm doing a show for Women's History Month. I think I told you about it. We each portray a famous woman and tell a story about her. I'm playing Esther Morris. A little vacation sounds great and girl time, too!

lala, love those Ernest pics. He has the cutest face. Every year our church brings in an Irish entertainer. This year we had Andy Cooney (actually he's an American, but he puts on a great Irish show). He brings along singers, step dancers and a comedian. It was a fun night. Other years we have had Tony Kenny and one of the Irish tenors (can't remember his name).

Susan, as Pam said, you have had so much change going on. I hope your next job is a good one. It is sad to leave your coworkers as they become like friends.

Dryer is all fixed. It's such a good dryer, I'd rather fix it than replace it. It also got a workout yesterday (DH did the laundry--aren't I lucky?)

It will be beautiful again here. Tonight I have my professional group meeting. I'm almost one week away from my trip to London and Rome (I sound like lala) : )
Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #14  

Oh, forgot, maintained weight today. [sigh]
Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #15  

Good morning! Woke this morning to 62 degrees! The rain has already begun and with the temps are starting to drop. They're calling for t'storms later today and temps getting down in the 50's by later this afternoon. Tomorrow we're looking at 45. We broke a record high here yesterday and I did get out for a short walk in the afternoon, although it wasn't nearly as long as I would have liked!

Susan: I'm with you on the french fries--more of my "comfort"/"trigger" food than ice cream.

Pam: I'm heading to Clearwater--my GF has lived in that area since we graduated from high school ('80). She loves it down there and it's a great place for me to visit

Lisa: Wow! Time sure is flying by and I know I'd be excited about traveling to London.

My flights are all set--booked online last evening and got a great airfare ($214) which is great. The last few weeks the airfare was quite a bit higher. I'm flying through Atlanta and it'll be the first time through that airport. My only concern is that on my return trip I have a 45-minute layover and I'm hoping that it's not a problem. I'm looking forward to getting away and both of my friends are planning our tearoom visits.

I'll post after my meeting to let you know how things went--I'm really not sure since I had a couple of nonstop eating days where nothing satisfied me.