Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 09:38 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Friday!!!

Hooray - the weekend is almost here!
Trish - have fun getting the baby outfits. i'm sure they won't take 2 months to wash either...
Jen (Karr) - how was the date?
Stacey - you need to find a way to get your boss out of the office for longer! get her bigger cigarettes to smoke?
kierie - any news on BF situation? hope you're enjoying life in dublin. do you reckon you'll be making any trips across the irish sea?
KT - job is going fine. i don't start my weather job till january so still at my old place. luckily it's not too weird living with and working with BF (well, we work in the same office but not actually together). good news about your new horse!
kim - have you recovered from yesterday's hangover?
lolly - hey there! haven't heard from you in ages. so you reckon you're off to plymouth huh? cool.
tonya - sounds like you had a good trip, shame about the extra pounds. i'm sure you can work them off before xmas.
ali - hope the test went well. you better come over to the uk in may. that'd be great. i saw the new series of ab fab over here. it's finished already. it was still pretty funny, but perhaps not as good as before. def worth watching for the menopause episode...
jennifer/belle67 - is it your birthday? happy birthday if so. and i'd get excited about a water cooler too. right now i'm excited about a telephone extension lead that i bought!
rina - i'll try to post some piccies at some point. having just moved flats i'll need to find what box they are in and then remember to bring them to work to scan them in! hope you don't have to move across town. i don't want to move again for at least a few years now.
belle - are you going to move in with your BF? janet - sorry to hear about your miscarriage. kay - how you doing? any good news on the job front?
hello to everyone else i don't have time to mention, got to go work but i'll try to get back on later,
love kirsty
Old 11-02-2001, 10:00 AM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I love Friday!!

Yippee!! I'm ready for five o'clock!
I'm dodging my boss between offices, so my posts today will be sporadic.
Kirsty: It's really good to have you back! Now the posts get started first thing in the morning!
I think bigger cigs are a great idea!! Although she'll stink a lot more when she comes back! Yuck!
Happy bday Jennifer!! Is it today? When you post you'll have a cute bday surprise from the Chicks!
Oh great! another yayhoo just called me...I have to go now.
(and pretend I'm listening to him while playing solitare )
Old 11-02-2001, 11:23 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Where is everbody??? I want to talk about my date and am afraid no one will come back to listen! It was great! And considering it was a blind date, and until yesterday our only communication had been thru e-mail, I was surprised. He is really a nice guy. He is a lawyer so we had that in common, as well as our love of sports. We went to a bar to watch the baseball game and ate dinner and drank beer (very casual, although we came right from work so he was in suit and I was also dressed in work clothes!) and then watched a band at that bar until it closed at 1am, when we went to another bar until 4!! I am so tired today, but had a great time. Now, the fun of waiting for him to call begins... I hate this part!

Kirsty - How is the new place coming along?

Stacey - Any plans for the weekend?

Rina - You asked yesterday if I have ever been skydiving. I have gone twice, and would go more often but it is quite expensive and kind of far from where I live so not very convenient. My brother does it a lot so I may tag along with him on Sunday. I have to say it is one of the most awesome things I have ever done! The high you get from it lasts for days after - well worth the money, I think!

I'll come back later to see if anyone is around!
Jen
Old 11-02-2001, 11:38 AM   #4  
Proud Canadian

AARRGH - I just lost my post. I hate it when that happens. This is my last day at this job so I will probably be MIA for a while because I don't have anything planned. I really hope one of my temp agencies calls me soon. I worked with my new horse last night and it was great!! he's very responsive on the ground. On saturday, I will get up on his back again and see what he does. I better fly - I'll check in later.
KT
Old 11-02-2001, 12:16 PM   #5  
Running Babe

Kirsty: well I checked in with my boss and I should eb able to take the time off in May (which is a fairly dead time in retail). The only thing is, if I get a summer placement in government that would be the time in which I would start. Oh well, this may be my last oppourtunity to go to the UK for quite a while, so I think I'll try and take advantage of it. I had a feeling that the new AB/FAb wouldn't quite have the bite of the original series, but I am sure I'll enjoy it all the same.

Jen: That is so amazing that you had a great date.... I hate the waiting game as well...Actually it's funny, the guy I am dating now was actually really eager when it came to contacting me back, I like a guy who doesn't play games (though we tease the heck out of each other, I haven't seen him since the weekend and I already miss him, pathetic eh!).

KT: that's great about teh horse!

Nascar Jen: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Another person with a bday on the 2nd!!

Stacey: half my class is playing solitaire right now

Take Care!

Ali (who jogged this morning!)
Old 11-02-2001, 12:24 PM   #6  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default You go girl!

Way to go, Jen! That's cool that you had a lot in common. Always a plus. A tidbit of info for you...I met my DH on a blind date. We were set up by a mutual friend I didn't even talk to that much. We spoke on the phone twice before our date. It took him 2 days for him to call me. Did you ever see the movie Swingers?
My plans for the weekend are a "Fall Foliage Tour" with the corvette club. There is a "mountain range" (more like hills) between Oklahoma and Mena, Arkansas that has breathtaking
scenic tours. I'm really looking forward to it.
How about everyone else? Big plans?
KT: Keep in touch please!! Fingers crossed for a successful job hunt!
Did ya'll notice that there were lots of lurkers today but no posters? Hmmmmm
Come out, Come out, wherever you are!!!
Is JenL on vacation?
Ali: Way to go on jogging!!
BTW, the yayhoo from yesterday has called me four times since I've been here this morning!! ARGH!! He is a dumb borrower!!
Ok, I'm getting a little hungry and I also need to get back to work.
I'm actually getting things accomplished this morning! Go figure!
Old 11-02-2001, 01:45 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
Today I didnt go to the gym b/c 2 of my friends are determined to teach me how to drink since i'm an american lightweight got in around 4 and went to bed around 7 am so yes I'm having a good time and dear god i'm gettng old lol
The bf and i are better who knows really whats going on shoot im getting booted out
gotta run
Love
Kier
Old 11-02-2001, 02:48 PM   #8  
NASCAR Fan

Yep, it's my birthday today... 29 and holding!

Well WI was ok... down .6. I was hoping for more with my new range kicking in this week but my leader said it may take a few weeks to get it going. Or she said I might be a .6 loser each week. I hope not! :eek One of our members received her 100# loss certificate this week! We all also chipped in a got her a few gifts, balloons and a card. Ever our leader got her something. She said that we were the first group to get a member a gift like that. I thought everyone would do that. But she was surprised and really touched. She now has 100 more to go! But we know that she will be able to do it.

The entire gang at work and I are going out for a few "beverages" after work. Only one for me though, I'm driving.

Tomorrow is busy! Out to a really nice lunch with grandma, then to Costco to pick up my birthday present from Todd (a water cooler! Can you tell I'm excited?) then Todd and I are going out to a really nice restaurant for dinner. Tomorrow morning both my BIL and dad are going out of town for a few days so it's girl's day! Haven't figured out what yet (probably a movie or shopping and dinner) but I think we are bringing back dinner to my grandma's so we can spend time with her.

Well that's my weekend in a nutshell! Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Old 11-02-2001, 03:17 PM   #9  

Happy Friday everyone!

Not much time to post, I have a project due at 5 p.m. I have to scramble to get done!

Eating and exercise are going well. I hate that all of my jeans are too tight, but wearing them helps me say no to food!!!!

Anyway, probably won't get a chance to check in until Monday, so everyone have a great weekend!

Catch you all Monday!
Old 11-02-2001, 08:20 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Hey buds!

How are you doing? I know you're all gone for the weekend I'm sure but I thought I'd post nonetheless. I had a busy day at work and now I'm tired. I did super awesome food-wise today! Yay I am going to try to keep it up for the weekend-that's where my real struggles come in-unstructured time. I get to work tomorrow. That will help routine-wise but its not very fun working on the weekend. Tomorrow we're going to Costco-fun! Except its their anniversary so I'm sure they'll be out in full force with their samples! They are so good but they eat up points in a hurry. I get to have Sunday and Monday off No plans as of yet. Busy today with wedding planning, mine and my two best friends I think it will be nice for us to all have the same year for our anniversaries that way when we hit the milestone anniversaries we can all go on trips together etc. Could be lots of fun! Other than that not much else new.

Happy b-day JenNCF! Hope you have a memorable day! When I'm at Costco tomorrow I'll be thinking of you

JenK, your date sounds so great! I hope he gets in touch with you soon! Keep us filled in on the details!

Tonya, maybe your jeans are just tight from comingout of the wash? I used to always think they were tighter cuz of that, then as the day rolled and they would loosen up that panicky feeling would go away. I hope you got your project done on time.

Kier, sounds like you're having a grand time! Glad to hear things are good on the bf-front.

Stacey, have fun on your fall foliage tour. Sounds like fun! Are you going to take your camera?

Ali, good luck with the parents this weekend!

KT, hope you're back soon. Do you usually go very long between temp jobs? That could make life interesting.

Hi Kirsty! Bet you have a busy weekend unpacking -ugh! We haven't moved in two years and I would sure like to keep it that way. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hi to everyone else. Hey has anyone seen Sarah this week? I noticed she seems to be missing. JenL did say she was going on vacation this week so that's why she's not here. I don't know where everyone else went. Guess it'll be pretty quiet in here until Monday. Have a fabulous weekend!

-Rina
Closed Thread