Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Filling Breakfast?

I usually eat something quick and easy for breakfast. This morning I had 2 cups of chex cereal with a cup of low fat milk. This was around 300 calories.

It didn't really cure my hunger nor appetite. What kinds of things fill you up for breakfast?

I'm thinking of perhaps some kind of tortilla filled thing with eggs and cheese maybe?
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

For me, I do protein smoothies.

I also sometimes make steel cut oatmeal mixed with protein powder and pumpkin puree. (I make a batch of this ahead of time).

I also made some egg veggie things recently that were pretty good. Basically mix eggs, egg whites, low fat cheese and some leftover veggies together. Put it in a muffin pan (spray with pam first) to fill muffin cups about 2/3rds full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. You can reheat them when you want to eat them and they taste pretty good.

Basically, look for things with plenty of fiber, protein and healthy fats and that should help fill you up.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Fibre in your diet will really help to fill you up. For breakfast every morning I have 1/2 Cup Fibre one Cereal mixed with Activia Yogurt (I love activia because it has no artificial sweetner). I find it to be a really filling breakfast, plus it has 50% of our daily suggested fiber (which is really helpful).
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Definitely need a lot of protein in the morning. If you like the quick/easiness of cereal, try Kashi Go Lean Crunch! - it has 10g protein & lotssssss of fiber, and really is very yummy! - it'll help you feel full!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/165

For breakfast I have been eating the Quaker Weight Control instant oatmeal. Easy to make at the office about 9 and holds me over until lunch about 1. dont know if it is good for me but is filling me up
52trying2lose52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Cold cereal has never done it for me, I like 2 pieces of whole grain toast with natural peanut butter. That usually keeps me full until my midmorning snack. I usually eat every 2 hours, keeps me happier!

I do like the egg/whole wheat tortilla thing. I use 1/4 cup egg beaters, 1 chopped morning star farm veggie link sausage, tons of salsa and spinach leaves, wrapped in a 50 calorie La Tortilla Factory tortilla.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash15+ View Post
Fibre in your diet will really help to fill you up. For breakfast every morning I have 1/2 Cup Fibre one Cereal mixed with Activia Yogurt (I love activia because it has no artificial sweetner). I find it to be a really filling breakfast, plus it has 50% of our daily suggested fiber (which is really helpful).
The aspartame in Fiber One doesn't bother you? I can't get past the fake sweetener taste. I want to like it, it has so much fiber, just tastes worse than diet soda to me.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I like oatmeal--I make it at work, so I use instant lower-sugar fruit flavored packets. They're very yummy, quick, and easy for 3-4g protein (depending on flavor) and 3g fiber per packet (and I usually have 2 packets for breakfast--made with water).

When I was very disciplined and was getting up to exercise in the morning before work, I LOVED having a breakfast smoothie. It was perfect to have something so cold and tasty after a workout, and it was a cinch to make. I just take a frozen banana (I peel and break bananas in half and store in a ziploc bag in the freezer), 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, and about 1.5 cups of skim milk. This concoction has about 29g protein plus a little fiber and keeps me full for a lot longer than I even thought a smoothie could!

As for cereal, I agree with the suggestion of Kashi GoLean Crunch. They also make a honey nut flavored one now. I love GoLean Crunch with a banana sliced up in it with some skim milk.

I used to do eggs in the morning, but I had them so often that they no longer appeal to me. I'm sure I'll get back on an egg kick again once the thought of them no longer grosses me out
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
The aspartame in Fiber One doesn't bother you? I can't get past the fake sweetener taste. I want to like it, it has so much fiber, just tastes worse than diet soda to me.
Ahhh, I didn't realize that there was Sucralose in it. I guess I didn't read that label well enough. I have never noticed the artificial sweetner taste, which is usually what turns me off of Yogurt and other things that contain them.
I'll have to re-think my breakfast strategy because I am really trying to get away from the stuff.
Thanks for the heads up.
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I have something different from day-to-day, or I get too bored with one thing. Some of my breakfasts are oatmeal with raisins and cinamon, eggs, yogurt, whole wheat bagels or toast, cream of wheat, cereal, french toast (made with whole wheat bread), or whole wheat pancakes or waffles. This morning it was a whole wheat mini bagel with lowfat cream cheese and a light yogurt. When I was working, I'd plan ahead. If I wanted scrambled eggs, I'd fix the mix and put it in the fridge, just heat a skillet and pour it in in the morning. Or I'd boil eggs and have those ready to eat in the morning, or make your french toast batter and just dip and cook in the morning.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Some really great suggestions here! I usually grab a Weight Watchers muffin as I run out the door and have a yogurt once I get into our morning clinical meeting, but sometimes I want something different. I may go buy some Kashi cereal tomorrow and give it a try. My boyfriend bought us some of the whole grain waffles, but they are a little too high in points for a daily breakfast solution. I know that there are different people on different plans giving suggestions, but how many calories or points or whatnot do most of you use on breakfast?
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #12  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

My normal weekday breakfast is quick cooking oatmeal with skim milk. Occassionally I'll do a homemade version of an egg mcmuffin sandwich using 1/2 slice of 2% cheese, 1 egg, 1-2 slices of Hillshire farms deli select ham and a healthy life english muffin. The oatmeal and milk comes in at 3 points, and the egg sandwich comes in at 4 points. I do like to keep breakfast real close to the 4 point level so I have lots of room during the day for a piece of fruit, etc., or to spend a little more on dinner. Oh, and I tend to keep lunch around 6 points.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #13  

oatmeal with protein powder added does it for me.
thecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I have pretty much the same thing every morning for breakfast; and I find that it keeps me full for a long time. I have 2/3 of a cup of 1% cottage cheese, and mix a chopped boiled egg and a few tablespoons of salsa into it. Comes out to about 235 calories. Most people I know think that combination is a crime against nature, but then again they also don't like cottage cheese.
Katheryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I usually have whole wheat pancakes or Oats for breakfast and a piece of fruit.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote