Old 03-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/234/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Confession.

The love of my life told me many months ago, in casual conversation..."[One of his ex's names] has lost 30 pounds..." He wasnt saying it as "You should lose some weight" or "Hey, look what she did!" It was just a casual conversation...he could have been talking about one of his buddies.

For some reason, I picked that little phrase out of the entire conversation and I havent been able to forget it. Part of my wanting to lose weight is to know he could tell someone else "Erin's lost 80 pounds."

...and yes, I know you shouldnt try to lose weight for anyone but yourself. And I know this isnt the healthiest of goals.

But it's my confession and it's one of my main motivators, so there it is.
msnewbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #2  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

If it got you started and keeps you going then I say woo hoo. A good chunk of the reason I started was my boyfriend telling me he wanted to be with me for the next 50 years. He didn't say it in a you need to lose weight so we can be together, but thats why came up in my head. Now while that is still a motivation I do it more because i love the changes in myself and all the additional benefits.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Height: 5'2"

hmmmm.......... sounds strangely familiar

I have the tendency of taking the most innocent of comments and turning them into a personal attack on my weight or my body in general.

Whether it's for us, or for someone else, or both, as long as we're losing weight and doing it in a healthy way I say go for it!

Tippy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #4  
nerd on a mission

Height: 5'6

I do the same thing. My boyfriend's a tiny little rail and loves me for my "curves", but I am so self-conscious about my body that I was like ENOUGH!!!! I've lost 40 and I look a lot better than I did, and there's nothing more fun than realizing that those 40 lbs inhibited me from doing a lot of things that I can do now. plus, his coworkers hit on me in front of him and it's hilarious.
eightbitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #5  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I can totally understand that. I think oftentimes we need something to get us started - I hope that overtime it shifts into doing this for yourself and your health, but like I said, I understand
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

I understand why it is motivating for you. I plan on moving back to my hometown in about a year. Since I left 5 years ago I've gained probably 50lbs. I want to go back looking better than I did when I left. I want to do it for my health too, as I'm sure you do It's one thing to use it as a motivator and another to do it to make someone else happy.
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'10

To each his own. If if motivates you. Run with it. My husband works with a local artist and he is out at shows and clubs all the time. I dont have any doubts in my husband or marriage...but my motivation is that I need to look as good or better than all the other chicks that are around! I want him to be proud of the girl hes got at home, ya know.
Oh So Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #8  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

yeah i agree with everyone else-

I admit that I was the same way a few months ago. I started out wanting to lose to look good in a (hideous) bridesmaid's dress. then it turned into visiting an old friend and not wanting to be seen 30 pounds heavier. Now it is so that I can run faster, for longer, and not have chub rub in my thighs when I do it.

My point is that your motivations will change over time, along with your body. But I do believe that at some point it has to become a committment to yourself and a healthier you, or you won't stick with it or maintain it. I know that I have never been motivated by lasting change before, and always gained it back.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Wow...we have like the same motivation!! Only my boyfriend didn't tell me. His son told me that his dad's ex was losing weight. Let's just say...she's a lot bigger than me. It took that comment that made me think "Oh **** no...she's NOT going to get skinny before I do!" LOL...it's a little evil of me, but it's what keeps me going when I feel like quitting!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #10  
Hot Mama Wannabe!

S/C/G: 210/207/135

Height: 5'4"

sweetie I'm sure he didn't mean it the way to bother you but if it motivates you then use that You can do this! Just remember that
Mamato4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote