View Poll Results: Which do you prefer, cats or dogs? (you must choose!)
Cats 3 15.00%
Dogs 17 85.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 09:21 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Thursday's Daily Thread

Hello everyone!
I'm back. I have been lurking on and off but I've been really busy post holiday. Quick summary of what i've been up to - the cruise was fantastic! Met a hilarious gay couple who adopted me and BF and insisted on buying us "orgasms". hideous cocktail made of baileys, tia maria and quantro. i think. it's potent stuff. Saw Naples, Pompeii, Rome, Florence, French Riveria and Barcelona. Surprisingly great weather and although I didn't naturally tan, I looked pretty darn good with my fake one!
My sister gave birth a few weeks ago to a little girl, Eilidh. It's pronounced Ailie, means Helen in Scottish. Unfortunately she chose the middle name Anne. Run Eilidh Anne together and you get alien!! she wasn't too impressed when i pointed that one out!
Oh, and I've moved in with BF. We found a really gorgeous flat in a great area. Not too pricey considering location etc, but still pricey cos it's London. We've got a garden and landlady says we can get a cat! Will hopefully do so sometime next year. Anyhow, the past week or so has been taken up with packing, moving and unpacking. Yesterday I built some furniture so things are slowly taking shape and hopefully by tonight we'll have cleared away most of the boxes. I hate clutter, esp when TOM is on the way so poor BF has had to put up with me moaning about the mess already!
Right, I think that's all my news for now. Forgive me if I don't respond to anything that's happened in the past month, I've not had time to read all the posts yet, but I'm looking forward to catching up with all you guys.
Love Kirsty
Old 11-01-2001, 09:52 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hey Kirsty, welcome back. We missed you (and Lolly, but I think for a while she was in Kansas. Wished I could have gone to see her, but I am too big to drive that long now). Your new appartment sounds nice. Also, what a great time on the vacation!

Well, we did not get as many trick or treaters last night. Only used 6 bags of candy ( we usually use about 12). That was ok however, as I was done being outside. It was so windy and my porch swing got really uncomfortable. I like to be outside however so the dog does not go crazy.

Not much else going on here. This lady at work made me a baby quilt. It is really nice and matches my nursury so well. Oh, but my mom is all freaked out that I don't have any baby clothes (like little sleep out fit things) yet since it is Nov and I have to wash them etc. I mean really, I have like 2 mo to go and it does not take that long to wash things. Oh well.

Trish
Old 11-01-2001, 10:03 AM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Good morning girls!!

Kirsty - It is nice to have you back. It sounds like you had a blast on your trip and I hope you are very relaxed now. By the way, I laughed out loud when I read the name of your new niece!!

Trish - 6 bags of candy?! That sounds like a lot to me, but I live in a secure apartment and get absolutely no trick or treaters. But guess who bought some candy anyway?!

Rina - My date tonight is alone - a friend set us up, but we are meeting by ourselves... yikes!! But we are just meeting for drinks, which should be fairly painless, I hope.... yes, I am nervous!!

Any one have exciting weekend plans? I am taking my 3 year old niece to the circus... that should be interesting! I also may go skydiving with my brother on Sunday, but we have to see if the weather cooperates!

Have a good day!
Jen
Old 11-01-2001, 10:56 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default TGIF tomorrow!

Welcome back Kirsty!!! It's good to hear from you!
I'm sure tons of people have posted since I started this post, since I had some yayhoo call me and blab in my ear for a thousand minutes! Grrr
I wanted to say hi to everyone but the bad boss is on her way back.
But, hi to all and Jen, give us lots of details tomorrow!!
Oh yeah, I picked dogs because they are more fun to play with...sometimes!
Old 11-01-2001, 11:16 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
Guess what I was doing at 7 am? Walking on the treadmill woowoooo it felt great tho now im all knackered and i'm going out tonight so pondering a verry expedient nap I left a whats going on msg on bfs phone and i know i should have waited till sunday but it was that or eat myself out of house and home and one way or another i'll know soon enough
WB Kirsty Your cruise sounds amazing! So does the Flat I got to temple bar the other night very fun spot
Trish sounds like you had a nice halloween I love seeing the lil kids in their costumes
Jen good luck with drinks with your friend
Stacey next time a yahoo calls just pretend u dont speak english and refer to yourself as lupe!
anywho might go catch a nap b4 later
Love Kier
Old 11-01-2001, 11:39 AM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Hiya ladies
Welcome back Kirsty - you didn't say anything about the job - how's it going?

Well, halloween for me consisted of smiling at my brother's children then curling up in front of the TV with the afghan I'm currently making. Nice and peaceful actually. But I had a weird sleep with many strange dreams that I'm hoping I will soon forget. I don't work long today. I have to go to the eye doctor and get a check up. Then I get to go to the barn and work with my new horse - it's probably going to rain, it is November in Vancouver after all. WEll, I gotta fly and actually get some of this stuff done today.
Have a good one
KT
Old 11-01-2001, 11:41 AM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Ugh. Head hurts. Stayed out late at party, drank too much wine. But I'm at work and I can't even take it easy ... we had a murder last night and I have to go out and find out what the deal was. BUT, my outfit looked really cute (although my 4-inch red heels killed my feet. Didn't matter that they were block heels) and I got lots of compliments! It was a cool party, at this house way out in the woods. (I was convinced the Blair Witch was going to jump out at us as we were driving up there.) There was a live band, great music, dancing, etc. Much fun!

Hi to everyone, welcome back Kirsty ... I gotta run but I'll try and pop back in later!
Old 11-01-2001, 11:48 AM   #8  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Wow, I really have been MIA haven't I? This can only be brief, but I just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive. Our internet connection went down a couple of weeks ago, so now I only get to check it when I'm in college (about twice a week). And I have so many e-mails etc backed up! Anyway, I'm doing fine, writing lots, reading lots, definitely on course to finish the dissertation next summer ... and if I work really, really hard, I might get it done before The Wedding (June 1st). Plus I'm in the middle of applying to the course I want to start next September (I've promised my Mum it's the last one and then I'll get a real job ). Last week Blokey and I went down to Plymouth to check it out and visit my sister who lives there too, and we liked it, so it looks like we'll be relocating next summer. Anyway, it really has been all go here, but I promise I'll be back properly as soon as we get the internet back.

Hugs to all of you, and welcome! to newbies.

Lxxx

ps:- Trish! I never went to Kansas in the end. Everything was so up in the air around that time that I decided to stay at home - and my family were v relieved although, bless them, they would never have asked me not to go. Are we all still up for the Big Trip next year though???
Old 11-01-2001, 12:09 PM   #9  

Angry

Good morning ladies!!

I am still here too!

Lolly ~ Glad to have you back, hurry up with the internet connection, we miss you!!

Kirsty ~ Your trip sounds wonderful. DH and I are planning on going on a cruise in two years with some friends, I am really looking forward to it. Your flat sounds great too, it is nice to live somewhere that you love!

Trish ~ You better get on the baby clothes girl!! I love shopping for baby outfits, can't wait for my brothers to have kids, need to do some more of that shopping! Hey, great idea, you send me your money and I will do the shopping for you!!

Kim ~ Serves ya right for drinking too much wine! Halloween parties will do that to ya!! I am glad you had fun, DH and I didn't get to do any grown up things this year. Just toted around a Barbie Angel and a blue Power Ranger (they were darn cute!! )

KT ~ Your horse sounds fantastic! My MIL and SIL both have horses, they love them to pieces, I haven't been riding in years. This is the best time of year for riding here though. 50 degrees and the leaves are falling...

Kierie ~ Hey, you are still alive! Way to go on the treadmill, keep up the good work! I hope things work out with BF, men can be really moody...

Stacey ~ Sorry to hear about the phone call. I have caller ID in my office, and there are certain phone numbers that come up that I "accidentally" miss the call (if ya know what I mean!!)

Jen ~ Skydiving?? Oh my, you could never get me to do that!!! You are brave!!!

A big "Hi" to all the lurkers!!

I just finished a big project at work, and will me being gone on vacation, I had a couple hundred emails to respond to, but I am finally caught up. My boss is gone til Tuesday, so it will be a little more laid back here.

I did terrible on my trip eating, so much fast food! I know I gained back the 5 pounds I had lost before the trip, but it is Nov. 1st and I am starting again. I ate within my points all this week, and walked on my treadmill last night. I plan on keeping it up. Now to work my water back into the schedule!!

I am going to get this extra poundage off by X-mas if it kills me!!!

Not much else going on. We had our family pictures taken at a photography studio a couple weeks ago. I got the proofs back and they turned out really nice, so I need to stop by the studio and order what I want. That should be a pretty penny, but, hey, you don't do that sort of thing often.

Well, I will check in later....have a great day!!!!
Old 11-01-2001, 12:12 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Hi All,

Just wrote my test, not sure how I did.... sometimes I hate being a perfectionist. Anyhoo, I have so much work to do, I am having a fun time on quicklaw looking up cases.... at least with my quick law experience I should be able to get a summer job within my field.

I work until 10 tonight and then I am going for a walk and picking up some amazingly healthy chinese food (as my roomate calls it "real chinese food", most of the stuff there you can't find at the all you can eat buffet places. Take-out isn't evil, but I try not to have it that often... I am going to Jack Astors tomorrow, so I have to save points

Too bad for the little kiddies last night, the weather was wretched in Ottawa and in Montreal. My mom is trying to figure out what to do with the left over Candy, some is going to Denver for my little brother, my mom is saving some cherry tootsie pops for me (1 point each and YUMMY). The rest she's not sure.

Kirsty and Lolly: welcome back! Kirsty I am so glad you had a fantastic time and thta your flat sounds amazing! Ooo Lolly plymouth, sounds wonderful. I am still trying to figure out if I can make it to the UK in may, hopefully I can!

Kim: sounds like you had fun though.... I think I'll be a French maid (though I think BF would like that too much )next year or Xena (it's a big inside joke between my best friend since many people thought we were a couple *not that there's anything wrong with it, but we're both straight*, so we thought that one year when we both got good bodies <she lost 40lbs this past year as well>, that we'd go as Xena and Gabrielle).

KT: we had some snow yesterday, but by the time I had left school it was raining. Traffic came to a stand still and I left the bus 3 stops early and walked home... Even with the rain I needed the walk and I somewhat enjoyed it, at least it made me walk at a brisk pace).

Kierie: Exercise is a fabbo way to start any day.

Speaking of Fab, has anyone in the UK seen the most recent season of Ab Fab, they're showing next week on our Comedy network... is the most recent season good? I ADORE Jennifer Saunders (and Dawn French as well, she rocks).

Stacey: Poor you, hopefully things will get better with your boss.

Jen K: Yeah, give the dish tomorrow... Hopefully it will go well! Good Luck!

Trish: sometimes mothers care about you so much that they forget that somethings can wait. My mom is always like that with me and deadlines, though I always get things done. I think my mom is starting to get the grandmas (and I am starting to really want children, though Ithink I'll wait another 5 years or so)...... Will this be your mom's first grandchild?

See Y'all later!

Ali
Old 11-01-2001, 03:17 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Does anyone know how to shrink jpg photos? I'm trying to post a Halloween pic from last night and I keep getting a message that it's too big.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:26 PM   #12  
NASCAR Fan

Happy Thursday all!

What a warm and wonderful day it was! I really enjoyed my morning walk... even walked a little more. I had to stop
and get Todd some drugs for his cold (btw he is feeling much better ) and we had run out of everything
anyway... I like to be prepared. I also walked further into downtown to look for a caterer that is located there...
actually the same one my sister used. I must have speed walked as i was home in my usual time. And Todd
tells me today that we are going to get my birthday present on Saturday... a water cooler! Who knew I would be
excited over that? But I hardly drink at home as I don't like tap water and even Brita is losing its taste. Now I
will really be floating away.
I was home 2 hours early yesterday and made a double batch of the arabiatta sauce... I think I am addicted!
My dad is going to SC golfing on Saturday so I am taking pity on my mom... I made her a big bowl of pasta with
lots of the sauce so she won't have to cook one night. And right now, my sister is watching fireman take their
clothes off! A charity fundraiser that she is attending with 9 others from work. Now THAT will be a wild bunch!
She has all the luck.
Tomorrow is WI... I sneaked on the scale this morning and it looks like I am down... I hope this new range is
working for me!

Kim... to shrink a jpg file, you will need a program that will let you crop, and edit. If you do have this, there should be a sections that will let you modify the properties of the file and from there, look for a section that talks about the dimentions of your file. Example: my star gif in my profile is 60X60 pixels... that is basically the height and width. Play around with it but make sure that is in pixels as sometimes they will give you other choices. If you have any questions, let me know!
Old 11-01-2001, 07:19 PM   #13  
Canadian Chick

Angry

Hi all,

Glad to hear you all had a happy halloween. It was pretty quiet here. We never get trick or treaters in our building. I made a very scary jack'o lantern though Had a busy day at work today (yay!) and then I had a massage Nothing else feels so good -well maybe one other thing I am taking it easy now, getting geared up for Survivor tonight. I don't know why-its definitely not as good as it was the first two times but nonetheless I have to watch it. I'm having a really good day today OP. I even ended up having fast food for lunch and managed to keep it to 9 points for the meal. That doesn't happen very often (at least for me)

Kim your night sounds like great fun!! Sorry you have to feel the repercussions today I hope you can get your pic posted! I wanna see

Lolly, glad to hear you're alive and well. Sounds like you've been busy though. Hopefully your server will be back up soon and you can keep us up to date.

Kirsty, nice to see you're bubbly posts again. You are super busy too! Sounds like you're trip was fabulous! Do you have any pics you can post for us? Hope you're not too stressed out with the moving thing. I really despise it and yet if DF gets transfered to another store in January we might be moving across town-pooee.

belle67-sounds like your sister will be getting an eyeful! That's cool that you are getting a water cooler for your bday. I'm jealous. What day is your bday?

Ali, hope you did great on your exam. Do you have lots to write or are you almost finished. Its midterm time right?

Tonya, did you and your hubby dress up along with your kids? I used to love that when my Dad would take us around and he'd be all dressed up! When you end up getting your pics you should share them with us

Trish, you sit outside the whole time? That's nice of you. I want a porch swing!! Guess I need to have a porch first I love baby quilts. I still have mine from when I was just a babe

JenK have you been skydiving before?? It is one of those things I've always wanted to do. The circus sounds fun! Make sure you take her on an elephant ride! Good luck on your date tonight. Hopefully he turns out to be a winner!

Kier, Great job with the treadmill. I need to do something like that. Sounds like you're back on track-wtg!

KT, hope you have a better sleep tonight. Weird dreams suck. I get them quite often. I have to really careful with what I watch on tv or read b/c it always ends up twisted in my dreams. BTW-I would take rain over snow! Its been really cold and windy here.

Hi Stacey! I picked dogs too! They are way more playful DF and I were just discussing this yesterday. We can't wait until we live in a place and have the time to give to a dog. We were at the pet store yesterday and they had the sweetest little shitzu pups! So cute! Normally I like bigger dogs but these were the sweetest things!

Anyway i should run! Hopefully talk to you all tomorrow before you're gone for the day. Take care!

-Rina

(sorry for the novel)
Closed Thread