Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Default Hot and Healthy Challenge Chicks 3/5/07-3/11/07

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #2  

Good morning Ladies! I thought I'd start the weekly post out, hope you don't mind The weekend was good, and this morning I was back down to 157.7, tomorrow is actual WI, and I'm still having fun with my TOM.. woohoo! lol I did a four mile walk last night, too..

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #3  
need support

S/C/G: 236/229/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Here's a challenge

Okay, I'm in for a challenge. I've signed up for a open water swim of 1.2 miles at a local lake. I'm doing a mile now and feel confident in my swimming ability.
Now I've increased the challenge by setting a goal of stepping into the lake another 50 lbs. down. I feel 10lbs a month is sane and DOABLE! Exposing my body to 200 participants is good incentive and honestly more of a challenge to me than the swim!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #4  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL for the last three days but I've been getting everything in order for my move. After my mama gets off of work today, we're going to the apartment complex to sign the papers! Just two hours and 15 minutes left...
Old 03-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi everyone, I've been away, but now I'm back, will catch up later tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well too!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #6  

Hi all! I'm on plan today with water and food.. tonight my hubby has a meeting, and of course they can't live without him so I'm on my own. I'm thinking I'll finish the broccoli from last night and have a small piece of lean meat.. Hm..

I'll also be able to get my walk in right after work and start cleaning out my closet. The carpet guys come on Friday. YAY! Finally. Sure is going to make the house look nicer. Now if I can only save enough money for new living room furniture :X lol

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.. bbl!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #7  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

hi everyone! Still trucking along with the same woes. I am dedicating myself to trying a higher calorie range, but am going to blame every last one on 3FC who suggested it, if they are wrong LOL Just kidding! I need to get my arse in gear and do my workout. I cleaned alot yesterday and was sore today, not sure if it was the resistance training or the cleaning LOL probably both since I usually do neither!

Mimi: I would love clean carpets! I really hate my kitchen right now. Everytime I go in there I am like WHAT were they thinking? But I know the answer in a 100 year old farmhouse it was easier to hide it than to do it right.

Have a great day everyone!--Sumi
Old 03-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumisan View Post
Mimi: I would love clean carpets! I really hate my kitchen right now. Everytime I go in there I am like WHAT were they thinking? But I know the answer in a 100 year old farmhouse it was easier to hide it than to do it right.--Sumi
The carpets in this house have never been replaced, so I am looking forward to fresh paint in the kitchen (I'M ALMOST DONE) and new carpet every where else. YAY! I'll post pictures when its done. I don't know what MAN designed this kitchen but its definitely a man kitchen.

Super hugs. Back later!!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #9  
Skinny Chick in Training

Mimi: I bet it will look great once it is done, I love it when things look nice it just makes me happier!

Yesterday took a bad turn, but I wont let it happen again. I faught a horrible stomach ache and woke up feeling like crud. I just can NOT let anyone bring chips in the house. So my calories were just over 2000, a big change from my usual LOL So much for trying to eat a *few* more calories. I shouldnt have made those calories the chips, because I should know I can not stop. But they are gone. Today I am going to get back on track with eating 5 times a day but up the meals to 300 calories. That way I stay at 1500 just about.

--Sumi
Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #10  

Hope you feel better soon Sumi. Big hugs!!

My WI this morning was MARVELOUUUUS! I am down! YAYAYAYAY! I am back under 157 again.. woohoo!! YESSSSSSS! 156.5, YAY! I'm excited, as I thought I'd only have been around 157 (I'll take that half pound, thank you very much!).

I finished painting the kitchen walls last evening. I won't be able to do a whole lot more painting until the carpet is in on Friday. So, the weekend will be busy.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.. bbl!!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #11  

Where's my girls???!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #12  
prepare for the BEST time

sorry, sorry....I make plans have good intentions, then life, the weather, work intervenes and I can't do what I want! I haven't done formal exercise (except heavy cleaning) in 2 weeks! I'm hoping to start my new Tae-Bo tomorrow AM and get back on track....grrrr, it's TOM, I'm just a little GROUCHY. I seem to have "scale-fear" today, but my pants are fitting OK and I have no salt-urge.

Sumi, I am uncontrolable with chips..especially the saltn'vinegar...I can eat the whole BAG! I substitute with cucumbers these days, but after reading your post, I WANT POTATO CHIPS!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #13  
Skinny Chick in Training

Thanks Mimi It passed and I did good yesterday thank god. WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!!!!!! I love hearing you guys, I get to live vicariously LOL

marblefly: I LOVE salt and vinager, I think they make a fat free version ... not 100% sure but eating a whole bag of olestra would probably deteer me for a while... just the thought of the side effects keeps me from binging. But my hubby bought two bags of regular chips when we made taco salad... I swear it is always his fault! LOL

I found a really good lower calorie ice cream called Eddy's, they make it with light cream and they also have sugar free versions. Although the sugar free ones only save a few calories for some reason. Maybe the others just arent 100% sugar free... i need to check the label. But 65 grams (1/2 cup) is 110-130 calories and they totally satisfy my *real* ice cream cravings. I like those fudge bars but they just don't do it for me when I really want the real thing!

It is so warm this week, I am going to get out into my garden today and maybe haul some good dirt from outside the barn to the garden. Man the soil over there is awesome, I guess from all the muck that gets cleaned out of the animal areas. I have a zillion potatoes that are ready to go in the ground too, although I am a little worried we will get another frost. They should be fine even if we do but if they really start to take off and then it frosts, that could ruin the crop. We had awesome spring potatoes last year, but our summer crop got eaten alive. Our well ran dry and we had to conserve water the rest of the summer (we had a truck come fill it up), so the garden got cut off It was so sad, I still get sad looking at it. It was doing so good until summer came. But live and learn, this year we will be doubling our efforts to catch rain water for the garden and also calling the water truck before it gets bad.

--Have a great day everyone!

Sumi
Old 03-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
sorry, sorry....I make plans have good intentions, then life, the weather, work intervenes and I can't do what I want! I haven't done formal exercise (except heavy cleaning) in 2 weeks! I'm hoping to start my new Tae-Bo tomorrow AM and get back on track....grrrr, it's TOM, I'm just a little GROUCHY. I seem to have "scale-fear" today, but my pants are fitting OK and I have no salt-urge.

Sumi, I am uncontrolable with chips..especially the saltn'vinegar...I can eat the whole BAG! I substitute with cucumbers these days, but after reading your post, I WANT POTATO CHIPS!
I can appreciate this as well. I love salty chips.. mmmm!!!! Makes my mouth water right now just thinking abou it. Scale fear. roflmao. I hadn't heard that one. I wish I was at your weight marbleflys.. sigh.. Well.. I'm working on it.. but I want it NOW. So glad to see you here!! I miss hearing from you all!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumisan View Post
Thanks Mimi It passed and I did good yesterday thank god. WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!!!!!! I love hearing you guys, I get to live vicariously LOL

marblefly: I LOVE salt and vinager, I think they make a fat free version ... not 100% sure but eating a whole bag of olestra would probably deteer me for a while... just the thought of the side effects keeps me from binging. But my hubby bought two bags of regular chips when we made taco salad... I swear it is always his fault! LOL

I found a really good lower calorie ice cream called Eddy's, they make it with light cream and they also have sugar free versions. Although the sugar free ones only save a few calories for some reason. Maybe the others just arent 100% sugar free... i need to check the label. But 65 grams (1/2 cup) is 110-130 calories and they totally satisfy my *real* ice cream cravings. I like those fudge bars but they just don't do it for me when I really want the real thing!

It is so warm this week, I am going to get out into my garden today and maybe haul some good dirt from outside the barn to the garden. Man the soil over there is awesome, I guess from all the muck that gets cleaned out of the animal areas. I have a zillion potatoes that are ready to go in the ground too, although I am a little worried we will get another frost. They should be fine even if we do but if they really start to take off and then it frosts, that could ruin the crop. We had awesome spring potatoes last year, but our summer crop got eaten alive. Our well ran dry and we had to conserve water the rest of the summer (we had a truck come fill it up), so the garden got cut off It was so sad, I still get sad looking at it. It was doing so good until summer came. But live and learn, this year we will be doubling our efforts to catch rain water for the garden and also calling the water truck before it gets bad.

--Have a great day everyone!

Sumi
Welcome back sugar!! Super hugs to you!!!
Closed Thread