Old 03-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5 feet

Thumbs down I'm at my highest weight :(

Hello all,

I'm a newbie looking for partners in this fight for health. I currently am at my highest weight and I'm not feeling very healthy or sexy. I live with a wonderful man who is my childhood sweetheart. He loves me no matter what and he compliments me every day. I know that I'm overweight and I want to work on it. I just moved back to my hometown after 14 years and with this new beginning, I need a new me. So I signed up for Yoga/Pilates classes and I have begun eating more vegetables and lite foods. I thank you all in advance for your support. I read through some of the threads on this forum and feel supported already. I look forward to getting to know you.

Best,

Boni
Luna Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320

Height: 58

Hi Boni,

I just wanted to say that you are definitely heading in the right direction toward weight loss. Introducing fruits & vegtables w/ some enjoyable exercise, you will be on your way to a healthier you in no time.

I'm also at my heaviest and the way I plan to lose weight is to follow your plan and also the steps below. Hopefully they help you as well.

A book I'm reading says the first important steps to any successful weight loss are:

To realize that this is a lifestyle change.
Meaning you have to figure out whats leading to your weight gain, and then making an active decision to ween that activity out. In order to do this you will need to look inside yourself, which is always the toughest thing to do.

Then there is just a lot of self love.
When you love yourself through your ups and downs (especially your downs) it' becomes easier to let the pain go. I always felt that my weight was my armor against the world. It kept me safe and warm. But today is a new day and nothing is going to stop me, especially not me. Also when you start loving yourself, you will start to see the beautiful, strong woman your boyfriends sees in you everyday.

Just try to be positive Boni and remember we are here to support your through this journey.

Sincerely,
Ameena
mnms24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

weclome. Good luck. We are a great support group and always looking for others to join. Come join us in our daily threads....
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #4  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Boni! You have come to the right place!
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:10 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Ladies!! You all sound motivated and headed the right way! Keep up the good work and come here for support!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Boni and Ammena!

You both are certainly on the right path. What I really like about this website is that it help encourage me when I'm not having a strong day. I had a bad day last week and just by receiving words of encouragment from others, I decided that it was just "a day." Acknowledge it, move on as it is not the end of the world. So often in the past, I'd have a bad day and think that I'd failed so what the point in starting over the next day. I wish you both the very best of luck!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:07 AM   #7  

Hi and welcome You´re following the right path! Eating healthy is so important as is outworking. I am going to a gym and I am doing programmes I bought on DVD like yoga and gymnastics. I bought a low-fat cooking book and still my weight isn´t moving fast enough downhill - at least for me. But I see the difference - that my body gets into better shape and I can wear one size smaller and that is such a good motivation!
Keep going and stay healthy
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5 feet

Thanks for all of your support. I actually lost two pounds last week and I am so excited. I am going to Yoga tonight, so far I'm having fun. Good luck you guys on this hump day.
Luna Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Congrats!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote