Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #1  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Question Newbie NEEDS HELP!

Having just registered, it is all so overwhelming. I can't figure out what to do or where to go? I have never "blogged" before or posted on any website, EVER, so any tips will be greatly appreciated. I have battling this weight thing, it seems forever. I guess like everyone here. I stay motivated for a day, a week or month and then I just give up, only to start again, over and over, it just goes on and on without any real results. When I was in my 20's I lost 84 lbs. Weighed 124 for about a minute. I've lost and gained myself to a whopping 294 lbs. as of this morning. I have the knowledge and I know how to lose weight, it's just all the emotions that are attached to the food. Happy, sad, nervous, frustrated, WHATEVER, it all makes me eat. Easier said than done, to get the root of this emotional eating. I saw this site in O magazine and thought I would check it out. I'm hoping I can figure out so I don't have to go this alone anymore. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Breathless! You can do this! Everyone here at 3FC will be by your side, encouraging you towards your goals, and helping with answers to your questions.

Motivation can be wonderful when you have it, and disasterous when you're without it. Use everything you have access to to gain motivation. Personal accomplishments like losing 5 pounds, changing clothing sizes, a complement from a friend. Days that you don't have those, check out the NSV threads to gather motivation from others. You may especially want to read the 100lb club forum for additional help!

I assume you're planning to follow WW? Will you be doing flex or core? Whichever you choose, work the plan. It's as simple as that! Work the plan, and the plan will work for you. Sounds crazy, I know! The first few months I was on WW I walked around thinking "OMG! If I had had any idea how easy this would be, I'd have done it years ago!" And you know what? I still feel that way seven months later. You'll be there too....it's as easy as following the steps in your week 1 information. You can do this!

Don't focus on the amount you need to lose. Think about losing 10 pounds. When that's gone, worry about the next 10 pounds. Before you know it, you'll be looking around thinking, wow, I've only got 10 pounds to go!

Write everything down. Sounds daunting, doesn't it? It's not. It's one of the best tools you have at your disposal! I leave my quick trak diary on the kitchen counter. At a glance I can tell where I am for the day. Pretty soon you'll be looking at it and thinking, shoot, I need to eat something to get my points in for the day!

Eat all your points. Don't skip, or think if you cut them back by 3-4 points you'll lose even faster. Just work the plan, and it will work for you! Sound like a broken record, don't I? The more you eat throughout your journey, the more you'll be able to eat when you get to maintenance. Notice I said WHEN you get to maintenance, not if.

Ask questions, and read, read, read!!!!! Don't sit there puzzled because you are unsure of something. Ask. Chances are someone here has had the same question or circumstance and can help you out!

OK, enough of my soapbox for this morning. Just remember, you are welcome here and you'll do great! Congratulations on starting your journey!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Yes exactly what Kelly said.

There is lots of support here. If you feel yourself faltering, we're just a click away. Some days are better than others here just like our everyday lives. All you can do is to take the basic principles, apply them and work them. It works. There are thousands if not millions of people out there who have had great success with the WW program.

It's all about living life to the fullest and yet making good decisions and better eating choices. Best of luck and stick with us.
Closed Thread