Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #1  

Default March 2007 Exercise - Get to marching!

Morning everyone and welcome to a new month. Just starting this up. post your daily sweating here!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Love, the title to this month's thread! I will report back later, after I have done my "marching" for the day!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #3  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

I'm here...and marching to the beat of my very different drum! LOL. In February, I set a goal to have 100 miles done, combining the WATP, and my exercise bike. I hit that last night with my final 1.5 miles of the month. I'm going to set that same goal for March. 100 miles completed. I'll try to keep a running tally going.

Just one question- whose bright idea was it to move daylight savings up 3 weeks?!?! That means getting up at 4am and having to try to go to bed by 8pm. Poor Linda- she'll be getting up at 2-something! I'm NOT a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, so this is going to really be a challenge for me. Getting out of bed with the first alarm, or 1 snooze, and getting to bed so that I can get my solid 7 hours. Ugh. Wish me luck.

Renee- I see that ticker change! Woo Hoo!

Ok, I'll be back with my report!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #4  

that would be President Bush's idea, Jenn...enough said! LOL

Ya, I am so not looking forward to the change coming earlier either. I wish this was one of those states that doesn't follow dst. Sucks, alot!

Unfortunately, my goal of consistency, not so good last month. However, I have had wonderful control (except for the weekend that is) with my diet for the past two weeks. This week, I have not even spilled into the flex points! Hurray! So, for March, I am going to work on consistency AGAIN, and work on a better eating plan for the weekends==which would be so much easier if it were just me, myself, and I. LOL But, none-the-less, if I want to continue having success on the scale, I MUST control what I eat on the weekends. I need to get atleast 100 minutes of cardio in each week and try again for 3 days of Bob, or else whatever scale victories I accomplish, will not stay put. Eat less, move more.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #5  
"workin' on my fitness"

Ugh. Well, at least I can make the most of the first 10 days of the month, while I'm still coherent!

Checking in to report 9 miles on the exercise bike tonight. 8 miles done in 27:30, and then the last mile pedaled as a cooldown. Tomorrow will be WATP, I believe. Oooh, and tomorrow is Friday, too. Another good thing.

Have a wonderful night, ladies!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #6  

hello !

Marched to Red Hot chili peppers on the treadmill this morning with an incline of "I have no idea because my machine is a cheap one that doesn't tell you what percent incline you are doing" LOL I also saw bob. I think I am really going to be on this dvd #4 session one forever! I am finding that I either can only do one set of some of the moves, or I rush through the moves to finish two sets. I suppose if I would just keep at it , I would get it. I am finding this dvd really tough. Makes the first three look so easy.

At any rate, Linda, hope Bob is nice to you tomorrow!

WTG on the biking Jenn! makes me want to go to the gym and hop on a bike myself! LOL

Take care!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #7  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

BAD MEL
LINDA GET THE PROD OUT...I AM TURNING MYSELF IN!
TODAY WILL BE PEDAL COME **** OR HIGH WATER!!!
WATER WILL GET INSIDE ME INSTEAD OF STAYING IN THE FRIDGE!!
FOOD CHOICES WILL BE HEALTHY!!!!
OK 'NUF SAID ABOUT WAYWARD MELL!!

RENEE~ GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE POINTS. YOU DID MUCH BETTER THAN I DID!!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEEKEND AND BOB'S #4!!!!

JENN~ WTG GIRL!!! YOU ARE GONNA BE THE SUPER QUEEN OF HEALTH AND EXERCISE!!! I ANNOINT YOU THE 3FC QUEEN OF 2007!!! GREAT JOB!!!

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE AND TO OUR ILLUSTRIOUS FEARLESS LEADER LINDA!!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #8  
"workin' on my fitness"

LOL- oh no, Mel- that title is Linda's, and Linda's alone. When I grow up, I can only hope to aspire to half of what Linda does. Even at 90, Linda's going to run circles around us all. But I did channel a little bit of Linda this morning. Up at 6:30, without an alarm, and by 8:30 this morning I was doing my WATP. I did 4 miles this morning. What?!?!?! Yup, 4 miles. I don't even want to know how that happened. I put in the 5 miler, thinking I'd just do the hand weights mile, and the stretchie band mile, and call it a morning. And then Linda possessed my inner athlete, and took control. Last thing I remember were the legs threatening to go on strike if I didn't sit the heck down and let them stop wobbling.

Renee- new or old RHCP? I love so much of their stuff. Good job with your "cheap" treadmill. I hated the one I picked up at a yard sale. It was cheap, but sturdy, but only had the option of an incline, and you couldn't prop it up to make it level. I couldn't even go 5 minutes on the stupid thing, and had offered it up to at least 10 different people, just trying to get rid of it. When we moved, I put it out for bulk pickup, and someone did take it,in the middle of the night. I betcha it didn't take long for them to try to pawn it off on someone else, though!

Mel- don't make me come up there and prod you. Mother!!! < insert whining tone here > Mooooo-ooom, come on! You know you need to do this. I'm telling my other sister Jen! Whiiiiiiine!

Linda, hope all is well. Where have you been? I miss you. Can I draw you out? "Look everyone, here's my menu for today, and it won't have a single fruit or veggie on it at all!" Kidding- I'm kidding! But please, post when you can- you are missed, and thought about often.

Now, off to see if someone who likes laundry will possess me this afternoon.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #9  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

hey! I'm a Renee AND a wholefooder too! (and Renee and I both have real similar stats and goals! whoah!!)

My goal for March is to exercise every day. In fact, I decided 9 days ago that I exercise, it's what I DO, it's like breathing, it keeps me alive So I already started (today is Day 9, I will be doing my elliptical soon). Goal is at least 20 minutes.

3/1: 25 minutes elliptical
3/2: 22 minutes elliptical
update: 3/3: 25 minutes elliptical

I like to jam to music too - it REALLY gets me pumped up! Yesterday was Depeche Mode's "Songs of Faith and Devotion" and on the 1st I rocked out to Rammstein "Sehnsucht" My DF just put a bunch of new music on my iPod so I have a lot to choose from for tonight!

Last edited by PinkyPie; 03-03-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #10  
Happy September

RENEE2! GOOD LUCK WITH THE EXERCISE GOALS!! THE VELVETEEN REMINDS ME OF MY DD'S FAVORITE BOOK MANY YEARS AGO. SHE LOVED THAT RABBIT!! I HAVE BEEN USING MUSIC FROM THE CABLE TV CHANNELS!! LOL

JENN~4 MILES!! OK!!! GOING STRONG THERE GIRL!
LINDA DOES HAVE A HABIT OF PRODDING OUR INNER ATHLETES HUH????

30 MINS TODAY OF PEDALS AS SOON AS I GET OFF THIS DANG PC!! HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND AND RENEE1 IS FEELING BETTER STILL!!
HAPPY SUNDAY!
Old 03-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #11  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I love the Velveteen Rabbit

thanks for the welcome!

latest update:
3/1: 25 min elliptical
3/2: 22 min elliptical
3/3: 25 min elliptical
3/4: 22 min elliptical
Old 03-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #12  
"workin' on my fitness"

Welcome, Velveteen Renee! Yay! The more, the merrier! Ooooh, Depeche Mode. I *loooove* to bike to their music... you can't help but groove to it. SO many songs from Violator. And I've worn out my Depeche Mode 101 videotape.

Mel, mother dearest, do you need CDs made to pedal to? What do you like? It's the least I can do for my 2nd mother!

Renee- How's Bob doing? Linda hasn't managed to wear him out too much to make it to your house?

Linda, please make an appearance, and stop possessing me! Seriously! My impromptu biking today was only going to be 15 minutes, and then only 5 miles, and then 30 minutes, and then 10 miles, and ended up at 53 minutes and 15.5 miles. Get out!!!! Whiiiiine! All I had planned on today was my upper body circuit, which I bumped up to the 8lb weights today. Grumble. Well, only part of a grumble. It must mean I'm not hating exercise all that much anymore.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend, ladies!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #13  
Happy September

Don't TRY... DO IT! Don't HOPE... DO IT! YOU are the only one who can do it for you! Positivity makes ALL the difference!
I LIKE THAT THOUGHT RENEE2. I SHOULD USE IT ALONG WITH RENEE1'S CIONSISTENCY IDEA.

RENEE1~THAT'S THE GOAL FOR THIS MONTH FOR ME ALSO. TO PUT THE HABITS INTO PLACE AGAIN. SOMEHOW I GOT OFF THE HABIT-TRAIL! HOPE EVERYTHING IS OK WITH YOU GUYS!!

JENN~ 15.5 MILES!!
WTG!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I CAN'T EVEN CATCH YOU IN MY MOTORIZED CHAIR!!!
I DON'T NEED ANY CD'S THANKS ALL THE SAME. I HAVE A TON OF THEM BUT LIKE PLAYING WITH THE REMOTE WHILE PEDALING! IT TAKES MY MIND OFF OF THE EXERCISING!!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #14  
Happy September

OOPS...I FORGOT
30 MINS PEDALS
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #15  

I was just here on Thursday!!! Boy, can't please you chickies at all, can I? Sorry, but work comes in busy dribs and drabs so I'll come in when I can. Hopefully more often soon.

First things first, Welcome to Renee #2 Hope you enjoy hanging out with us sweaty chicks. We don't smell.. much. Wish I had room for an exercise machine but alas.. not in the cards at the moment. Good workouts

Ahh ok. Where to start. Let's start with Bob. Bob and I are going to have a trial separation, as I mentioned in my journal. Now before anyone freaks Bob is Bob Harper and I mean his PUSH exercise DVD not a hubby Bob. Don't have one of those, thank goodness. I've just hit the wall with my strength capability and I am not progressing as fast as the DVDs do. It was so bad on Saturday that I could do anything on the DVD without getting exhausted and even had trouble with the lower level ones. So I emailed PUSH, suspended my aco**** for 6 months and will be getting my exercise ya-yas elsewhere. I ordered a Dance aerobics DVD from Collage as well as the new Taebo Amped DVD set with the AMP bar so that will be something new and different. The idea of doing Bob anymore was souring me on ALL exercise and that is a big red flag that I needed to stop. so i did. If I am stronger come August, I'll restart but I am taking a wait and see attitude on this. I did get all 6 days of exercise last week and worked out Sunday and this mroning, to other DVDs.

Hi mel.. yes yes consitency is key. Like people who diet all week and then eat off plan on the weekend and don't understand why the aren't losing, consitent working out is key to makign progress so keep at it!! so pedal away. Dinner is waiting

Jen,, great bike ride. I do NOT want to think about getting up when it is so blasted dark out.. sigh. Can't I just clone mysef and then the clone can get up at ohmigawdoclock, work outand then go to work?

Renee #1, sorry to abandon you with Bob, but he is making me hurt all the time now and it's just too hard. I love the variety of workouts but they just need to slow down on the upper body stuff a lot. Way too fast for me. I liked the weights workouts and the bands, but its the stuff that uses my own body weight that was getting me upset. Sigh. Hope he doesn't take my abadonment out on you!
Closed Thread