Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat: Tuesday Feb 20th!!!

Happy Mardi Gras Everyone!!!! It should be outlawed that V-Day and King Cake season not be at the same time!!! I gained 0.5lbs(It hurts to move the tracker back-- )I will try harder this week!!!

Lauren--Hope the tests went well...I havent been around for a few days--is it your work physical???

Ok..off to work..#2 is having her tonsils out on Friday--soooo we have alot of things to do to get ready--blood work, physicals etc etc
Have a great one!!
Welcome to the Newbies!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #2  

Hi ladies!!!!!!!
I bought the scale as I told you before - and just imagine this: myself standing in the shop and trying different scales wearing my winter coat and having a scale in the hand (I cannot say why I had this scale in my hand, it just happend lol) I decided to get a digital one and after trying my weight in the gym this morning (LOST 1 pound!!!!!!!) I tried the new one at home and had to understand that this one shows 2 kilos (more than 4 pounds) more than the one in the gym But ok. IŽll just start again with my new scale (a blue one lol) - it also shows lb ! Maybe I should be happy that I got it after all this workouts and dieting and not around christmas when I started my diet
I hope youŽll have a great day today! I just had chicken with oranges and rice and IŽll have a quiet afternoon!
See you soon - IŽll correct my counter tomorrow
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #3  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Ok, now for TMI. TOM appears to have arrived, so it is official. I am not PG. So now I can get on with my diet life. I did pretty good for day one yesturday, but I gotta do even better from here on out, if I wanna be beach ready!!

Kristen: Congrates on buying a new scale. I try not to weight on anything other then my own scale, and only first thing in the morning, otherwise it gets confusing, not to mention discouraging.
Ipp: Thanks, and you are right. It's gonna get better from here
Lauren: Thanks girl
GA: Nice to meet you too
Hey Molly The whole moving well, its complicated. DH changed jobs. We had some complications with the landlord, wanting us to pay to have things fixed, plus the house was his wifes mothers, who was put in a nursing home. It set empty for 3 years before she decided to rent out. The wife was so senimental about the house, that I just didn't feel that It was my home. (plus they lived right behind it) so all in all, I was glad to move. and there you have it, long shory stort and all that jazz
RR: :Wave:
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #4  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi y'all!!!!

Well, I have been MIA since last week. It really stinks when you walk into your work and 5 HUGE projects are dumped on you, and are told, they have to be done by Tuesday. Well, I can say that 3 of them are done and the other 2 will be (slowly) completed by end of business today.... UGH!!!

OK, enough whining!! TIme to catch up from the posts:

Welcome Goobie!! Check out www.dwlz.com for a list of restaurants and some of their healthier choices.

RX - that vase was way-cute!! I hope DW loved it.

Holy - I really liked your card. I am a stamp-wh*re. Big scrap-booker too.

Michelle - Congrats on teh loss!! I"m glad you got the game you wanted.

Lisa - Hope your mom is feeling better. I had food poisoning at THanksgiving weekend, and it sucked.

GatorGal -

WannaB - Sorry the test was negative. DH and I went through the weight loss battle/decision when we were trying for our DS. Now, he is 7 mos, and we are trying to figure out if we want to wait, or start again. I'm not so bad off since I am still 10 lbs LESS than when I first got PG, but I also only gained 17 lbs with DS. With my luck, I would gain 70 lbs the second time around. Good luck with the trying (either for pg or weight loss)

Joan - Welcome aboard!! Glad you joined us!!

OK. So my eating wasn't all that great this past weekend. Saturday was spent with a girlfriend. We had a couple cocktails and then had some retail therapy. IT was time for some better work clothes. I know I should wait until I lose some weight, but I was looking a bit yuck-o for work. Sunday, my eating was great, except I was scrap booking witht he same girl friend, and a couple ithers, and we managed to suck down a box of Sangria... Oh well. Aunt Flo has finally left the area, so it is time to get back on track!! I had a small breakfast, and ate a Lean Cuisine and some corn for lunch.

Anyway, that's about all for now.

Will hopefully chack back in later.

I missed you all while I was gone/lost!

~Becky.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Default What a Welcoming Committee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckins1217 View Post
Hi y'all!!!!

Well, I have been MIA since last week. It really stinks when you walk into your work and 5 HUGE projects are dumped on you, and are told, they have to be done by Tuesday. Well, I can say that 3 of them are done and the other 2 will be (slowly) completed by end of business today.... UGH!!!

OK, enough whining!! TIme to catch up from the posts:

Welcome Goobie!! Check out www.dwlz.com for a list of restaurants and some of their healthier choices.

RX - that vase was way-cute!! I hope DW loved it.

Holy - I really liked your card. I am a stamp-wh*re. Big scrap-booker too.

Michelle - Congrats on teh loss!! I"m glad you got the game you wanted.

Lisa - Hope your mom is feeling better. I had food poisoning at THanksgiving weekend, and it sucked.

GatorGal -

WannaB - Sorry the test was negative. DH and I went through the weight loss battle/decision when we were trying for our DS. Now, he is 7 mos, and we are trying to figure out if we want to wait, or start again. I'm not so bad off since I am still 10 lbs LESS than when I first got PG, but I also only gained 17 lbs with DS. With my luck, I would gain 70 lbs the second time around. Good luck with the trying (either for pg or weight loss)

Joan - Welcome aboard!! Glad you joined us!!

OK. So my eating wasn't all that great this past weekend. Saturday was spent with a girlfriend. We had a couple cocktails and then had some retail therapy. IT was time for some better work clothes. I know I should wait until I lose some weight, but I was looking a bit yuck-o for work. Sunday, my eating was great, except I was scrap booking witht he same girl friend, and a couple ithers, and we managed to suck down a box of Sangria... Oh well. Aunt Flo has finally left the area, so it is time to get back on track!! I had a small breakfast, and ate a Lean Cuisine and some corn for lunch.

Anyway, that's about all for now.

Will hopefully chack back in later.

I missed you all while I was gone/lost!

~Becky.
Wow ~ everyone is so warm and welcoming ~ thanks!

Second morning in a row that I've gotten up extra early to exercise. I feel *really* good about that. Exercise is huge with me. I've never been able to lose weight just by watching what I eat. I love food wayyyyy too much. One huge problem that I have is that I tend to be the human garbage can around this house. Half the time I'm not even aware of my finishing off whatever is left on the kids plates. One of my girlfriends called it to my attention and I'm trying to break the habit. A pringle here, a tablespoon of mac & cheese there can add up quick!

Happy Tuesday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Joan, at least your girlfriends were kind enough to point it out. Now you have something else to work for. Congrats on exersizing! I'd say that's a job well done.

Becky, did you get to watch the race? It was an awesome finish, even if one of my guys didn't win.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #7  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ok well im doing much better today i think i had lack of sleep/to much drinking
so im getting back today ya know i always do this i started w/ WW and now i flipped to counting calories w/ lower carbs i did it years ago and it worked great so im feeling and seeing a huge difference in my body/ and just whole out look im glad to be back in the game LOL

Joan these gals are the greatest

Christi~ sorry to here about all the drama you had to go through i know i hate moving

Becky ~ Thanks it felt great having the scale move down for once in a longggg time LOL

Kristen~ i hope you like your scale I know i bought a digital one and i love it

Lisa~ RR Thanks for being here for me when i was down

LBH~Gator ~ holy
hope all is ok with you guys
Take care
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Checking in from the new job. Go figure, the internet filter lets me come here, but not to check my Yahoo mail?! What's up with that?!

RR, the physical was just to get it done, since I haven't really had one in years. Think I had some b/w done right after I had Peter. Anything to avoid a needle!

They did an EKG and the Dr. said I have multiple premature atrial contractions. But it's no big deal, since it's in the upper part of my heart, not the lower. :confused: He wants to redo the EKG in a month, just to make sure all is OK. Also did a chest xray, which I haven't heard anything about, but I'm sure all is fine.

I told the girl that was going to stick me that she had one chance because I'm a big wussy, and that she had to use a butterfly and look in the top of my hand, because no one ever finds a vein in my arm! Not too tall an order, right? She failed and sent me across the street to Quest. Told the woman there the same thing...one chance. She convinced me to let her look in my arm, and found one right away. So in she went and I'll tell ya', she was right, it hurts more in the hand.

It was 2:30 before I was able to have something besides water! Of course I forgot my protein bars...not sure where I put them. So I stopped at the first fast food I came to... and pigged out. *hangs head in shame* Then I went to Dunkin' Donuts to get my coffee, because I had a HUGE caffeine hangover/headache by then. Of course I gave in again and got a boston cream donut. I don't usually get donuts...I'm good about just coffee, but I was soo starving. I bet I ate a days worth of calories in that hour span. Ugh, acknowledge and move on...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

aww Lauren don't beat yourself up ok? It just leads to more donuts
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

Hi all!

I'm new here, joined around a week ago. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but since I'm on my 30s I guessed it's on

I had a good week last week, and monday weight in (I go to my doctor each monday for checking my progress and get a new diet for the week) was good, lost 3 pounds, but I was given a piece of chocolate cake today and I couldn't help it

hate it when that happens, I still think I managed to not go over my 1,500 calories but still I hope it doesn't show up next monday.

anyway, it's been really good to read your messages, I'm learning a lot and getting motivated to keep going with this
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Wink

Hi Girls!
I too have been MIA~however it is do to being under the weather. 2 weeks ago it was like the flu and now my allergies are kicking my behind!
I went to WalMart and bought 3 different kinds of medication for allergies! I will feel better~dangit!!
The lady at the checkout just gave me one of those looks. I just looked at her and said I will feel better...one of these is going to do the trick!

I have been doing pretty good~have lost 10 pounds since I joined the group~maybe it is a combination of being sick and doing the right thing.

Anyway I will try to check in more often!!

Blessings~
mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

way to go on the weight loss....welcome vega

just ignore those people, i've gone thru plenty of meds tryin to find the right one....
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote