Old 02-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #1  
Nicker

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Question Calorie Distribution

Hello all.

I was wondering if any of you pay close attention to how your calories are distributed between fats, proteins, and carbs. Everywhere I read it seems to say that 30% of your calories should come from fats (not saturated of course) around 50% for carbs seems to be recommeded and 20% for protein. I was aiming for 25%fat, 55% carbs, and 20% protein. I am now thinking of aiming at 25% fat, 50%carbs, and 25% protein. Any opinions and/or advice?
Nicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #2  
No cake 4 Gingercakes!

S/C/G: 211/204/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi there,

I am new to this, but I am trying to keep my protein up at the 30-35% level, at a minimum.... I am lifting weights while losing weight, so I want to make sure I don't lose too much muscle!

Gingercakes
Gingercakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I try to keep my protein higher too. Lean proteins are satisfying ... keep you filled up longer. Lean proteins and things that grow are naturally low fat ... so the fat thing is never a problem.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:15 AM   #4  
Nicker

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I found it hard when I was trying to keep my protein at the 20% mark before I increased my daily caloric intake from 1440. A 4 oz chicken breast has 35 grams of protein which was very close to half of my daily protein limit. Even 25% I think is much more reasonable. I have also been thinking if I say 50% for carbs and 25% for fats and 25% for proteins allowing the fats and proteins 5% either way would keep me in a not unhealthy range for either. I prefer higher on the protein lower on the fat, but there are days when that will be reveresed.
Nicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nicker -- There's no one right answer to the question, and it sounds like you have picked reasonable numbers. People who lift do tend to eat more protein to help repair/build muscle. Others may eat protein because they find it fills them up. But your numbers are well within all the ranges I keep reading about as well. Sounds good!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote