Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-19-2007, 07:57 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat, February 19 - 25, 07

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was so nice. My sister and her girls stayed over. We had makeovers, played, ate heart pasta and I took out the chocolate fountain. It was so much fun b/c the girls (ages 5 - 9) were having a blast with it.... so was I burp~

Then we went couch hunting on sunday.... the couches I liked didn't come in a fabric I liked so we will still hunt LOL

Last night while doing laundry I was watching the discovery channel...they had shows on all different people, meaning kids with the disease that they age really fast, little people, obese people and the tallest people in the world.... OMG, it was an eye opener for sure. My 5 year old watched and I'm glad she did. One complaint these people had on the shows was that other people are rude, they point to them and laugh at them. My Dd who's 5 caught on to that and said Mama, I would never laught at them. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. She knows people are different and that we are all beautiful. God made us all and he doesn't make junk !!! I'm proud of her, I just hope she doesn't change that feeling..... ya know.

Anyway I'm off in a bit to visit my Mom.... yes I'm home today

TTYL.

Love Yah
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I'm working today and tomorrow even tho most of Lake Charles is off for Presidents Day and/or Mardi Gras. The main street of our town is a few blocks away from the office, so I have to steer clear of that road until Wednesday. Oh how I would have loved to stay home today and take it easy, but oh well - I'll make the best of it.

Leenie - it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Did your sis spend the night too or just the little ones? I hope you have great visit with your mom!

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

Wow! another week already. Its hard to believe that February is almost gone!Yaah that means spring is almost here
Its snowing and windy again today, thank goodness I don't have to go anywhere until tonight after its suppose to quit. I am so grateful that on Thurs the snowblower actually started and worked as we had a good 6" of wet snow and then rain on top of that. There was no way that the girls and I could have hand shovelled that. The pipe for our water softener has been frozen, well, on Friday night no one remembered to put the hose in the tub and the darn thing went off, needless to say, our floors are now nice and clean. Hubby was the first to get up and wonder why his feet were sloshing around. Good news is that now we know exactly what day its due to go off again and its warmed up enough for the pipe to have thawed out. Never a dull moment.
Other than that same old, same old. A and Bekki have this week off from university for a "Reading Break" My cycles are all messed up again for some reason and I've put on 4 pounds, so not happy about that. Decided I have to schedule in the exercise and concentrate on that, I'm so worried that my heart will start doing bad things as the one side of my family has problems there.

Reddress, something that I finds that helps me when my head won't stop or my stomache is so knotted is "Rescue Remedy" or "Calms" they are herbal/homeopathic remedies. Even my girls will take it if they are having problems going to sleep. I find them at our local Save on Foods and of course the health food stores.

Anyhow I should get off of here and get something done.

Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #4  

Hi everyone

How is everyone?

Not much new. Hope all is well.

Talk soon

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:58 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Girls!

Awwwwww sitting here on my computer by the beach with the cool breeze softly blowing my hair...........Pedro has just brought me my healthy, but tasty breakfast and my suite has already been cleaned for the day.................

Okay back to reality! lol. It is supposed to be warm all week though! That is a plus! DH has a meeting with the Director of our building (its good) so we shall see what happens w/ that, he told hub he had a opportunity for him and its all good. Normally if this was just a Supervisor or Operations Manager, we wouldn't be so anxious, but this is coming from the Director of our building! He basically runs everything at our location, he only reports to the VP! So yes this could be a big opportunity I'm thinking! Why else would the Director offer an opportunity??!! Okay so I don't want to get my hopes up too big, but it could be a big opportunity for my DH, so I can't help but be a little excited!

We need to clean, but I'm not really too concerned about it. The dirt isn't going to magically get up and leave anytime soon! lolllllll. I didn't do a darn thing yesterday, but you know what? It felt good! I know that is lazy, but it did feel good!

Well I hope you all have a Great Day!

Now back to my "Vacation Land" and its time for my massage! lollllllllll.

Toodles!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Buddly, Liz, Sassy, Cathy

Its Tuesday

At least I'm boss free this week whoooooooooooooot... Yesterday i had off b/c my dd's daycare was closed for pres day. So I took her to one of the biggest malls in the US ((I believe)) its called the Palisades Mall, NY. We had fun but boy was that place a zoo. I think everyone in NY/NJ/CT was there LOL.

Today I'll just be working my widdle fingers to the bone and waiting for 4 PM LOL.

I got my apple, banana and shooot, I forgot my soup dagnabit!

Watcha all doing this week?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Gang.

Boy did I ever have some very weird dreams!!!!!!!! They were so real!!!!!!! I was home alone because DH had a meeting (which went well, they are going to meet again for further details but it could be a promotion for DH!) and at one point I woke up from my dream and I was kinda freaked out! I luckily was able to get back to sleep but man!!!!!! I should have written it all down as its kinda fuzzy now, but I just know it was very scary!!!!!!

Well I hope you all have a Great Night!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Its a sunny ABOVE 30 degrees blue sky day Spring is so near I can taste it hope its not to many calories

Buddly dontcha hate wicked dreams like that. I hate the dream when you wake up and your heart is racing 100 mph. Or you dream some one you love is being hurt... OMG aweful, just awful.

Well today is the same as yesterday except I remembered my soup heheheheheeeeee whooooooooot !!

I found this soup in the frozen section....100 calories minestrone.... the name of the company is Tabatchnick (geeze its manufactured in NJ haaaa duh). Hope it taste good, its supposed to have no preservatives and gook http://www.tabatchnick.com/

Other than that..... SOSDD

you?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/148/127

Hi,
i'm new here and was just wondering how you cope with depression without drugs or councelling?
i've not been happy for a long time and things are starting to get on top of me, i don't want things getting out of control. i've tried seeing my doc, but all he says is i need more sleep, but i can't sleep because of things worrying me and getting me down, is this a no-win situation?
If you could help me by talking about your own experiences it would be great !
Wow, that's not a very cheerful opener is it?
hannahj295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hanna,

Thats a tough question. I've read that exercise can play a HUGE role in depression... take a peek at this.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71398 It says here that exercise can help with sleep and anxiety which can help with depression.... its a cycle as you can see.

Here's some other information that you might want to read.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24005
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49146

Hope this helps
Old 02-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 243.8/185.2/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Hanna, welcome to the group. I'm a newb myself, just signed up last week. Have you talked to your doctor about the difficulty you're having sleeping? I'm in the same boat, and after more than a month of poor sleeping, and then a solid 2 weeks of terrible nights, I went to my doc and told him I couldn't handle it anymore. He prescribed me a mild anti-depressant with a heavy "sleepiness" side effect. So far they've helped, and I haven't had to take them every night. I find that when I do take them though, the next day is a little easier to deal with too. My doctor also told me I need to learn to turn off my brain at night and just let the problems disappear until the next day. I pointed out to him that if I knew how to do that, I wouldn't have made an appointment, now would I?

Things are more than a little hectic around here right now. We had a thaw, and unfortunately an ice dam had built on the roof in the gutters. So we had a massive leak into the spare bedroom (where I'm sitting right now). Looks at this point like we won't have to replace the roof just yet, but what a nightmare! The lathe and plaster walls by the windows are soaked, 'cause that's where the water came in. We get to have it inspected to see what needs to be done. Here's hoping the roof won't need replacing just yet.

Wish me luck!

Morgan

PS. I confess. I was stressed out beyond belief with this happening, so last night I had a bag of chips for dinner.
reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Hi Morgan, nice to see you. OMG I would stress out too if that was happening in my home. That stinks !!! Good luck for sure Where are you from?

Its a cloudy day today, we are expecting snow tonight mixed w/rain...hopefully nothing will accumulate. TGIT

I've decorated my office for St.Patty's day (even though I'm not into it LOL) but its a cheery shade of green and i need all the cheer I can get

Any exciting plans for the weekend?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/148/127

Thanks for those sites Leenie, there's some really good information on there and it's given me a bit of a boost, i just hope i can actually stick to the exercise plan i just came up with!

Morgan, i tried asking my doctor just for some tablets that would help me sleep when he said that's all i needed, he said natural sleep is best, and i've tried a tonne of herbal remedies and things, nothing's helping much, so i'm gonna try and exhaust myself physically so i'll fall unconscious, that counts as sleep right???

I love the comment on "switching your brain off", if only it was possible, lol.

Hope the house gets sorted and your stress levels come back down!! I would have caved in far more than a bag of chips, would've been on ben&jerry's and anything else junky i could find!
All the best!
Hannah
xxx
hannahj295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 243.8/185.2/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

Leenie, I'm in Ontario, Canada. Some interesting weather. Yesterday it was above freezing, between 4-6am we got about 2-3 inches of very heavy wet snow (packing snow for sure), and now the temperature has dropped again and it's really windy out.

And by all means, celebrate St Paddy's! That's the day I signed up for WW last year, so we can celebrate that! I'll be celebrating with a spa day, paid for by my DF for my birthday. Okay, so my bday was in October, but I hadn't gotten around to making the appointment...

Hannah, if I'd had Ben and Jerry's in the house, I'd have gone for it. *LOL* But the best I could do was a bag of chips and some french onion dip. If I'd wanted more, I'd have had to walk 35 minutes each way to the grocery store. Ugh... When I'm in a self-indulgent mood like that, last thing I want to do is exercise!
reddress is offline   Reply With Quote