Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Please Explain To Me...

How Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem work, the costs, the food etc. I'm considering trying it, but I'm not sure, and I can't afford a whole lot. Thanks.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #2  

Trixie are you decided just to use Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig? I don't know how Jenny Craig is but I've used Nutrisystem and didn't like it at all. I could not stand the food. I used eDiets Express over the last year and lost over 70 pounds in a period of about 6 months. The thing I liked best about it was the food tasted great and I didn't get tired of it, it's fresh cooked and not freeze dried like others. The cost came out to about $15 per day for the program I went on. I know that isn't cheap but at the same time I didn't need to really buy any groceries so it kind of made up for a lot of the difference. My advice would be to go on it for a few weeks and if you don't like it cancel but it may work for you as well as it has for me.
monami1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Jenny Craig will have you pay for one on one counseling and weigh ins at the center-PLUS the cost of their food. You are on a contract with them-and if you sign up for 10 weeks, or 20 weeks, or whatever-you pay for them regardless.

Nutrisystem is contract free-but all of the counseling, etc. is done online. If you choose to buy a week's worth of food, and then decide you want to stop-all you are out is that week of food you paid for...no contract, set up fees, etc.

Both plans have you eating 3 entrees a day, and a snack or two...but you have to add your own grocery additions-fruits, veggies, and dairy servings-so those things you buy each week on top of paying for their entrees and snacks.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I liked Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating better than Nutrisystem, because you only had to buy dairy. So I only had to buy a gallon of milk to add to the food. It was $105 a week in Bloomington, IL. (I was also on it in Ottawa, IL before she franchised). The website is sshe dot com

I think they do mail delivery, but only if there isn't a distribution center nearby - then you have to pick up the food twice a week. The website lists the menus, and most were pretty good. Since I usually had to go out to eat once a month for work, I would just freeze a meal, and then if there was a meal I didn't like, I'd substitute one of the ones I had frozen.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote