Old 02-13-2007, 01:34 PM   #1  

Default Transfirmer

I'm thinking of getting a new program, since I think my body is getting used to what I am doing now. I saw the infomercial this weekend and wanted to see if anyone is using it!

Thanks!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8.5"

I got it for Christmas and I'm really liking it. One of the workouts, (ultimate calorie burner) is kind of hard to follow, but after doing it a few times I got the hang of it.

Personally, I think at the price, it's a really good deal. You'll get the 2 piece step plus the workouts and you can always use the step for other videos.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #3  

Are you still using this? I know Target has it in the store near me and am thinking about this one. I just do not think it has the bonus ab workout. Any feedback would be great. Kathy
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #4  

Yep, still using it. I probably use the transfirmer workouts 2 or 3 times a week and use the step with other workouts 1 or 2 times a week, so for me, it was a really good deal. Mine did come with the bonus abs workout, but, I have never used it! Seems I always use my other ab workouts instead and forget I have that one.

Steps are rather expensive and most are only up to 6 or 8 inches high, so I think this one is a good deal especially since you also get the high step option of 14 inches. The Firm uses a high step and there are other workouts that do too such as ones by Cathe. That was one of the main selling points for me. I really wanted to do the high step workouts and now I can.

I do hope the firm comes out with some more workouts that use this particular step, but I have not gotten tired of the ones that I have and I will keep using this step for all my other step workouts.

Just remember, if you do get this, the Ultimate Calorie Burner can be really hard to follow! Don't get discouraged! It's my absolute favorite workout now, but it sure took a while to learn it.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #5  

I have 2 steps now. Is the transfirmer required if I just buy the DVDs? I will get the whole kit if you guys think it is better. Kathy
Old 03-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #6  

Wow, since you already have 2 steps, I hate to say for you to go buy another! I "think" you could make a regular step work, however, you would have to be a little creative.

First off, they use a high step (14") which you could do on a smaller step. It just wouldn't be as strenuous.

Next, they do 2 stepping sessions using an incline position on the step. This is where you would have to be creative. You could do it, it just would be a different workout. Have you viewed this workout on collagevideo.com? They might show some of what I'm talking about.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

Height: 5'3"

I Have used firm for a long time (4 years now) and love it. Generally it dosnt move too fast, and is easy to keep up with. I will say that the newer workouts are not quite as challenging as the older ones....some of the older ones left you feeling like jello....
Button_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/190/138

Height: 5'6"

I've got the program and I do like it. But, with that said....if you have knee injuries, get a clearance from your doctor first, especially if you're shorter.

I did FIRM for three years straight. Only time in my life I DIDN'T have a weight problem and could eat what I wanted--within reason.

So, why did I quit? Looooong story LOL. But I am working back into it. I enjoy the Transfirmer and I mix it with Yoga Booty Ballet---love this one for the ab work!
Starmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I love the transfirmer series
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #10  

I have it and it is really fun. It is a great workout. The transfirmer itself is also so versititle. You can use it for all the other Firm workouts as well as many other workouts.

The other poster is right, it is a great price as well.
skater princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #11  

Since I got the 3rd Sculpting set, I really enjoy it. I broke down and ordered the transfirmer box with incline step (gave old steps to sister) I looked at Target and ebay. I found at buy.com and first time using a google check out it only cost me 32.00. If anyone wants a direct link I can post it. Now since I found so much help here, can anyone tell me if there are any Firm workouts on DVD that uses the sculpting bar? I had it when it was out on VHS, I no longer have a VHS machine. Kathy
Old 06-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #12  

How is the tranfirmer different from the rest?
bubblysweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #13  

You can see it online if you do a search for it.

It is a 2 piece step. One step is 8" and one is 6". Stack them and you have a high step of 14". It also goes together at an incline for some different ways to use it.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #14  

Does anyone belong to the firms Firmbelievers.com? Kathy