Old 02-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #1  

Default I have a problem- its time I admitted it.

I have an eating disorder- and its as serious as people who don't eat. Im putting myself in danger and making myself feel very very unhappy. People say 'stop eating' yet I just cannot do it- ive no idea why.
The past few days I have ate and ate and ate and ate. And when not eating ive been thinking about food. I have shoved anything and everything down my throat and ive not been hungry at all.
I so want to be slim, healthy and happy. Its killing me physically and emotionally. I have two modes- binge or starve. Please please help me.
Hollysmummy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

You are in the right place. Glad you're here.

Here's your help:
Go to www.oa.org
1) find out about our disease called compulsive overeating
2) find a meeting near you and go to it
3) order the book "The 12 Steps and Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous" and read it from cover to cover

You are not alone. There is help, and there is a solution. I'm living in the solution-- working the 12 steps, going to meetings, reading my books, and talking to my sponsor. You can do it too.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello,
I am new to this thread too. I have been coming to this site for years but some how i am just finding this thread. It feels like home.

Hollysmumey: I have an eating disorder too. I also feel it is just as critical as anorexia and other "eating disorders". I dont know why with ours being on the opposite end of eating disorders that ours is not taken seriously...and it is often not treated or covered by insurance companies. Someone would never tell and anorexic..."well just eat"...but they are so quick to tell an over eater to "just stop eating". I just dont understand it, but at least i have the comfort of knowing that there are others here that are just like me. Lets work through it together.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #4  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

You can do this. The first step is admitting the problem. You need to make a plan of action. Not just how you are going to lose weight, but what you will do when you slip and fall.. how you will handle it when you have cravings.. can't get out of bed to exercise in the morning... and so on. Check you emotions when you want to eat. Maybe keep a journal.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

Holly,

Every word you wrote, I could have written myself at one time. You sound like you are in food crisis as many of us have been in.

Binge or starve. That's how I lived and how I was able to look somewhat "normal" even with such a strong eating disorder as I typically was 30 pounds overweight not 100 pounds overweight. But the effects of the food/starve cycle were consuming my life, my emotions, and my health.

There is hope! There is a way to live free from food. I hope you make it to a meeting and see if OA is for you. Let us know how you are.

Charlene
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

Get n Healthy and all the others I've missed as of late...Welcome!
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Howdy KAE. Glad you're here.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/155/140

Height: 5'8"

ok....I know it might seem you have no control at all when you start eating...but the problem goes further than that. You are probably finding confort thrue food in a way, try to see ....what is really bothering you, do you feel lonely, bored, stressed, down....and when the urge to devore the whole fridge comes up, try to visualize how great you would feel if you where in control of your life...think about all the things you are missing out on and try to see what would really satisfy you. I have the same problem, but you really need to see what is bodering you, the root of the problem .It's not easy but take it day by day...i'm tacking a week challenge of not binging and doing stuff that really compleate me....if you need some more support ....i'm here to listen and encourage you...because i'm sure you can do this and be happy !
butterfly22 is offline   Reply With Quote