South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #1  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default Minute Maid Light Cherry Limeaid/Lemonade?

Is this ok on Phase I? Phase II? Never?

DH is freaking out cuz I put one in his lunch and it says contains fruit juice....

I believe it has only like 5 or 10 calories...

Help. TIA
Old 02-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fruit juices are not allowed on Phase I or II as tehy are absorbed quickly by the body and can cause a rapid rise in glucose which will be followed by a drop and can set off cravings. (I hate to tell you but he's right!)
Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

But it is a fruit drink not a fruit juice and it is less than 3% fruit juice in a 12% can...
If fruit juice is such a no no then why are there so many recipes with fresh lime or lemon juice in them.

I'm confused and really want to understand.....
Old 02-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No idea, Kelly. Perhaps someone who belongs to the official site can answer.
I'm just spouting the party line which is no fruit juices on Phase I or II.
(Personally, I don't think a tiny bit would be harmful if it encourages folks to drink water.)
Old 02-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I use the following:

1. Carb Options..Decaffeinated Tea- Lemon favor..made with Splenda. No C. No anything...

2. Lipton ..Iced Tea To Go..flavors are Green tea or Lemon--made with Splenda...these little pks you add to 1 bottle of water and your on your way...It says on the package" Each serving naturally contains 80 milligrams of protective flavonoid antioxidants-which help protect your body against free radicals--molecules that can damage cells...No artificial flavors, no sugar and zero carbs.

There is another one on the market called Crystal Light...sugar free..BUT IT HAS ASPARTAME.. and Rasberry
fruit juice solids. yet claims no C> nothing...but I don't like the idea of juice solids in it and the fake sugar...so i don't use it...

I take a botttle of either one of the first two I wrote about, with me when I go to aquarobic class or to town. Otherwise I try to drink my plain old water...Good luck to you. Can't be any worse than coffee with Splenda and fake cream or even Coffee plain.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Ruthxxx, Thanks again. I can see the point on anything that is a lot of fruit juice but this is 3%....it's like less than 1/2 an ounce. I know that in Phase I they allow use of lemon and lime juice in the stuff for the meat (cuz I still use all that right out of the book).

lubajo, Thanks for your suggestions but I am looking for a clarification on the item I asked about.

Anyone else here who belongs the SBD site that can answer please?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kelly, I will occasionally enjoy a bottle of those Minute Maid Light drinks, and they haven't caused any cravings for me, or affected my weight. I would think that 3% is too negligible to count for anything, so I say if you can drink it without it affecting you, go for it!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

cottage, thanks for the 'tip.' That is sort of what I told DH. It's not like he drinks them by the case....just one occasionally for lunch.
Closed Thread