UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #1  

Default Flying with baggage advice

Can anyone who has flown recently advise me.

I have looked on BA's website but am still confused (not hard).

Off to Malta monday and of course will be bringing liquids - make up and toiletries etc. Is it better in my big bag (in storage of plane) or with me on the plane - I mean from the security angle. I won't be taking any of my 'best' stuff in case the sods confiscate anything or lose the bag or something. I could not get hold of any of those plastic bags they go on about but have a large make up bag whcih is half plastic and see thru.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Last time I flew they had a stock of little plastic bags at security for you to use if you didn't have one.

Each item has to be under 100ml/100g, and everything together has to fit in the one bag. I just got some freezer bags from Wilko before I flew the first time after they brought it in, so I've got a stock of them.

They do check pretty carefully and will confiscate if something is too big, or if you have too many items. I tend to just take some lip balm and a couple of other things and check everything else in.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #3  

Cheerz!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #4  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I just flew back from Italy today and it's still the same as Helen said - 100ml or less liquids in a freezer bag but anything larger they'll take off you and I saw them do it to a woman in front of me on the way out.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote