Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 09:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of October 22, 2001

Good morning everyone

Last week was stressful even though I was away. The first part of the week I was at home and the latter I was in Chicago for a convention. Can I just say, "I'd never survive having to drive Chicago traffic daily!" Yikes!

Anyway, I'm back, not rested *sigh* and am in dire need of getting myself on track. I went for my weigh in last Wednesday and was up 4#!!! How does one gain 4# in one week???? Anyway, this didn't help with my mindset. I did manage to get a lot of walking in while at the convention as the rooms were quite a distance away from the actual meeting areas. I'll relate more later.

It's good to be back Missed not keeping in touch with everyon! Hope everyone is doing okay!
Old 10-22-2001, 09:39 AM   #2  
LM

good morning melissa & friends.

Melissa Oh yes I remember the Damn Ryan Expressway from my time in Chicago. It ages you...Well, it's good to be home, isn't it? I'm sure those 4# will melt away in no time.

very foggy misty morning. Sure not in the mood to be at work. So many things I could be doing at home. The annual Bringing in of the Porch Plants has begun. The problem every year is where to put them all? Anybody want to adopt some lovely plants???

I'm proud to report that adventures in low sodium land have been pretty successful so far after Week One. Am using radically less salt than usual and not really miserable (except for that one pot of pasta-veg-bean slop...shudder). Getting used to the less salt routine. BP seems to be lower too.

Okay, back to work, darn it.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:57 AM   #3  

Good morning!

It was a gorgeous weekend weather-wise here in southern Wisconsin - the fall colors here are at or just past peak. Spent a little time on Sunday afternoon doing a little raking - I love the smell of the leaves. Got in some good long walks over the weekend as well. Today is cloudy - it's supposed to rain tonight or tomorrow.

Melissa - no way you could have gained 4 pounds in a week - you would have had to eaten an additional 14,000 calories (3500 cal/lb) to do that - it's just a temporary blip. You're right about the traffic in Chicago - lots of horn-honking there - I'd probably be a case if I had to drive in that every day.

LM - I'm with you - don't want to be at work, either. A pretty quiet/slow day seems to be shaping (boss out of town for the day), so I have thoughts of bolting early outta here. Glad to here the low sodium seems to be working so far.

lala - can't really help you with sights to see in Milwaukee - since I'm not a native Wisconsinite, I am not as well versed in all there is to see there. Sorry

Well, I think I am going to change my focus from trying to lose those last damned 2-3 pounds that seem to be forever elusive to focus on maintenance. Truth be told, I don't think I have ever truly tried just to "maintain" - always wanting to lose a couple more pounds, so this will be interesting to find out approximately how many points I can truly eat and maintain my weight between 140-144. Hitting 145 will be a signal to rein it in for me. We'll see how it goes.

Back to work.
Later,
Katie

Last edited by kt marie; 10-22-2001 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-22-2001, 01:16 PM   #4  

Hi everyone. I'm back in the land of the living after a rough two weeks. Finally saw a doctor yesterday and got antibiotics, nasal spray, etc. for what turned out to be a sinus infection. Feeling much better today.

As would be expected, I am buried in work after such a lengthy absence and I leave tomorrow for a conference for the rest of the week.

So, gotta get at it. Thanks for thinking of me. Have a great week. See you Monday when I'll report on the Hallowe'en disco party
Old 10-23-2001, 01:43 PM   #5  

Hello to all -

Sure is quiet around here this week. A cloudy day here - we are in for some big weather changes here in a day or so - the weather forecasters are saying a four letter word around here - maybe SNOW on Thursday!!! WAAYYY too early to have that stuff falling from the skies - should be rather short-lived snow if it does fall.

Another slow/quiet day here at work as well.

Has everyone bought their Halloween candy?? Mine's tucked away in the lazy susan at home - out of sight, out of mind, I hope.
Old 10-23-2001, 03:01 PM   #6  

I was just thinking the same thing about how quiet the boards are. It's pretty quiet here at work, although I'm not complaining, it's nice to have a little reprieve.

This morning it was gorgeous--sun shining, light breeze, very comfortable--went out at lunch and the skies changed pretty quickly to dark and gloomy and then the rain hit, it came down pretty hard as I was trying to get across the street back to work. They're calling for a change in the weather here as well with that 4-letter word as well for the weekend. It's actually late for us because last year IT started October 7th and continued on through April.

I didn't buy Halloween candy; my son will take some to school on Wednesday for his class and other than that I won't be out buying a bunch. We don't get that many trick-or-treaters.

I went to my yoga class last evening and felt so good afterwards. I'm working on keeping up with my journal (which I haven't been doing as accurately). I haven't decided if I want to weigh in tomorrow or not. I'll see how I feel. I go for a meeting about becoming a receptionist on Friday so I'm looking forward to that.

Enough rambling on for now...hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 10-23-2001, 03:35 PM   #7  

Hey gals... back from a wonderful Creative Retreat. Foodwise was a bust. Probably did 40 point days and refused to keep track. Not too willfull am I

I was given a Pothos (?) plant along with the other retreaters and told to "go forth and grow your creative vision" HELP!!! I kill plants. Even my cactus is dying! I am notorious about "fogetting" to water, etc. I love hearing about your wonderful gardens and dream about having a plant / flower garden for my future house (that someone else takes care of). But I do NOT have a green thumb.

Oh... this was wierd... after eating like a piglet I weighed in at 132 lbs. showing a loss of 1 lb from last week.

This can't be real. I'm so not trusting this number and will have to wait til next Monday to see what the scale shows.

FYI I'm going to visit my parents in Florida this weekend taking a Redeye on Thurs evening. Seeing them and my brother / sisterinlaw is usually very stressful NOT relaxing - too many issues... and I end up eating and drinking too much. Just want to put it out there that I need to balance having a break with conscious eating.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:54 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi you all.

Here in DC where the weather is warm if not windy. Long day of travel yesterday, though it was faster than usual. Did eat lots and did write it down.

lots of network problems making my demo problematic, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. We're supposed to go to buca di beppo tonight. I'm going to calm down and eat a little. who knows what 'll happen.

anyways, I am trying to come to the realization that it may be cold in WI. yikes. Good thing I'm going home first. I'll pick up my woolies.

anyways, gotta split.

have a great evening.

lala

more later.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:57 AM   #9  

Patch: I know what you mean about the scale. Generally I'm really careful the following week because for me the week I screwed up usually "slaps me" the following week! Anyway, get right back on track and you'll be fine.

Lala: DC is usually nice and comfortable. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy getting outside. Hope you get the glitches worked out By the end of the week it's supposed to be quite a bit cooler for a lot of areas.

The paper today has a headline at the top about the possibility of snow over the weekend. We've been really lucky because last year we were already 2 weeks into snow season. It's a balmy 74 here now but tomorrow is supposed to be quite a bit colder.

I'm heading to my meeting at noon and hopefully the gain I had last week has left me. I'm being hopeful. I'll post an update after I get back.

Update: I went to my meeting and was down 3.8#!!! Anyway, I didn't have to pay this week and I'm just under the wire so I'm not out of the woods so to speak.

Last edited by MelissaL; 10-24-2001 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:19 PM   #10  

Melissa wow! that's wonderful news. See that 4lb blip is GONE! Congratulations and thanks for your words of support.

I've got yet another challenging weekend ahead of me - flying out to visit my parents in Florida, and parceling out the rest of the time between them, my brother/SIL/and their truly adorable son, plus... my cousin Larry - who's like a brother to me happens to be in town and I never get to see him. Ah well. We all eat and munch like there's no tomorrow. So I need to be really conscious of what's it worth to me.

Lala hope your demo went ok... by the way... how was Bucca di Beppo??? We have some out here in CA and I could not believe the portion sizes! Out of control!

Katie I'm trying to stay away from the candy thing (I had quite a chunkful of hershey's kisses and tootsie rolls last weekend). I think I've been slacking on eating fruit and need to keep up with that. If not I get the candy and carbo cravings big time. Anyone else notice that?

Seasawcan't wait to hear about the disco party!

Don't know if I'll be able to get online while in Florida. So I may not check in til Monday. Ciao.
Closed Thread