UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #1  
honourary nutcase

S/C/G: 238/234/196

Height: 5'10"

Default Long time no see and Need Help help help!

Hey there everyone.

Some of you might remember me from here from a long time a go. If not, Im Lauren and I'm from scotland. Lots has happened since I was last on here. I'm now living with my boyfriend Jason. We've been together 8 months and everything is going swimmingly.
The other notable thing going on.....MAINLY MY WEIGHT. I'm now at 17 stone and I am desperate desperate desperate. I need everyones help. Jason says he loves me as I am but I am at my wits end with this. I'm 5'10" and 238lb. THAT SUXS!!!
A big reason for wanting to lose this weight is we have planned a gigantic holiday driving across america. We start in New york, drive up to toronto then through to michigan, down into indiana and through illinois, into iowa, nebraska, colorado and utah, down into arizona and into nevada and then into LA and sanfrancisco and home!!!! 15 days total covering a heck of a lot of milage. Also land of the big portions and greasiness. I know if I go over there in the state I am in just now I will just want to eat whatever is put in front of me with no will power where as if I get slimmer I will have more power and control. There is also my mums wedding on 29th June to be ready for. THe dress for me was bought a while back and now i can't get into it.

For petes sake (and Mine!!!) I seriously need all the help, advice and tips that you can give.

Yours desperately

Loz xx
hugmequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Welcome from another Scottish girl. I'm fairly new around here.
That's quite a road trip you will be doing. You should be passing nearby my house if you're going through Indiana into Illinois.
Good luck with your weight loss.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 17st 12.5lb/16st 6lb/10st

Height: 5ft 3in

Hi Lauren, Wow, your holiday plans sound great, but have you thought about the distances involved? And the US speed limits? (55mph/65mph depending which state you are in), and they do enforce them. We got caught by the Paige County Sheriff. We've done 2 long distance driving holidays in the US, the longest, Seatle to San Diago, down I1 took us 3 weeks, stopping off here & there along the way. To do what you've got planed in 15 days is very ambitious, and you probably wont get much sight seeing done. But I'm probably talking complete rubbish, so feel free to ignore me.

On the food front, in big citys its not so bad, you can usually get healthy options. Its when you hit the boonies you might struggle, they only seem to do huge portions, but its normal to ask for a doggie bag. You dont have to eat it

Good luck with everything

Denise
Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #4  

I have never been there but people are more 'up front' with what they want so you can I think demand a salad with no or low cal dressing. But don't blame me if you get frogmarched out of a diner......I am sure that by now even in the South they have some helathy food. Just avoid those eat as much as you like places if possible. After all - it would be just rude to go ther and NOT pig out
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote