UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/260/198

Height: 5ft 6

Red face Xenical support

Hi there people,

As a newbie on here I thought I would ask from some advice from those who "have been there, done that and been tangoed!! "

I have just started on Xenical and was wondering if anyone had good recipies and advice to avoid the "tango" moments....

Thanks in advance

Angie
foxieaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #2  
honourary nutcase

S/C/G: 238/234/196

Height: 5'10"

Default been there tried it and had to give up

hey there

Regarding xenical. I was on it for 3 weeks and didn't lose a thing. THe only thing I lost was my dignity as the gas and the squirts it gave me (do pardon me for this) Was ghastly. I just couldn't hack that any further!
hugmequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #3  

I have been on Xenical for past 3 wks and no difference to my weight loss. Still losing 1-2lb a week.
The only way I personally find they help is adversion! If I have taken a pill I know I wont eat anything fatty because of the side effects, so in that instance they work. But as for increasing weight loss faster, I dont think so
sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #4  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Well when i was on then i found that the more fat you ate the more u tangoed , and i amended my diet several times until i was tango free near enough a part from the odd thing , personally tho i didnt know what fat was in what it took me calroie counting and reading backs of packets looking for anything under 5% fat to stop the tango affect.

I hope that helps. With the Xenical i lost 14lbs in just over 1 month. So they do work but i think partly its because my diet was pretty poor in the beginging and might of been cos of several tangoed episodes but i must say within about 2/3 months i wasnt seeing much more than a 1/2lb loss each week and eventully then stopped working.I am now on Reductil and so far they are crap aswell so i think im gonna give this a rest after this month and just join a gym and do it on my own for a while. Good luck All.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #5  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry to be a twit, but what does 'tangoed' mean?? Someone please enlighten me....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post
Sorry to be a twit, but what does 'tangoed' mean?? Someone please enlighten me....
Probably too much detail but 'orange poo', well actually its oil. If you eat something with too much fat in the result is possible leakage of orange oil. Only had it the once because I ate a piece of chicken cooked in olive oil. Not pleasant and never to be repeated!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 AM   #7  
Slow and steady

thanks...not too much detail at all, I really was lost on that expression....also can see that wouldn't be a very nice experience to have at all
Old 02-07-2007, 07:21 AM   #8  
Here we go again...

Height: 5"2

I like that expression, "tangoed" - I will use that from now on!

I used to refer to it as the "lasagne" effect cos it's the same colour as the oil that you get on top of a lasagne ready meal - ugh!
Serena A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena A View Post
I like that expression, "tangoed" - I will use that from now on!

I used to refer to it as the "lasagne" effect cos it's the same colour as the oil that you get on top of a lasagne ready meal - ugh!
Ohhhhh.......my ! That is a very accurate description. lol
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #10  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

haha u girls are hillirious ..........tangoed just seemed a good explanation of the going's on without being too crude hehe but that lasagne discription ewwwwwwwwww but hillirious.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #11  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post
I'm glad you asked Chris cos I had no idea
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 AM   #12  

hi, ive been prescribed xenical as well. ive not noticed a massive difference since starting it, though im continuing to lose. i think i read somewhere or been told (dont quote me) that if you are following a "healthy" diet with no more than 30% fat, about 200 calories of fat a day will not be absorbed. so thats about 2.5 - 3 weeks to lose a pound. obviously if you are counting calories as well weight loss should be quicker.
the main benefit for me is as a deterrant. i was told to take a tablet with every meal regardless - the dr told me it should help re educate my eating habits. i dont want to get the "lasagne effect". i have enough problems with ibs as it is and live in fear of not finding a loo in time. saying that since i started eating healthier i have not been as bloated or had so many problems in general.
my advice is just watch your fat content, more fruit, veg, "good" carbs, lean meat and fish. i now eat up to 6 times a day smaller meals/ snacks which keep the binges at bay. im a crispaholic, so things like ryvita minis, snack a jacks (salt + vinegar) and the mini hummous pots are great. just have to know when to stop.mad
madaboutbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

I was too scared of Xenical to give it a try, I'd heard stories about people out shopping not being able to find a loo in time etc and it all just sounded too much. My Dr gave me Reductil instead and I'm finding it a bit helpful - the trouble is it only lowers your appetite, it doesn't do away with it. And seeing as the reason I'm overweight is because I eat when I'm bored not when I'm hungry I've found it very easy to take the tablet and then eat too much anyway!
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #14  
Slow and steady

Over here in the US, they just announced that they will be selling xenical over the counter by the summer.... that's a scary thought, people taking it and being tango'ed.... and the market people say it will be a good seller...
Old 02-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

They're going to sell it OVER THE COUNTER??? OMG, I hope they give a freebie pack of adult nappies to go with it. Sorry - but anything that makes you tango should come with a full explanation/consultation and a HUGE warning printed on the packet.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote