Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 12:22 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Angry Thursday Chatters

The other chatters was almost 3 pages. Time to start a new one!

How's everyone doing?

We would love to have some new faces or voices here. If you follow the WW plan, we'd love for you to join us. We give great support, advice, and friendship here.

Tammy, how are you feeling? Is your blood pressure back to normalcy yet?

What did everyone do this weekend?
I worked in the yard. My visit to SF inspired me. There, most people do not have grass--no yards. But, I saw so many plants. Some people had window boxes filled with flowers. Some had a little tiny piece of earth by the front door of their apt./condo/whatever. There were plants, flowers, even tiny strips of grass.
So, here I am with all this yard and no flowers. NOW I have flowers! I planted mums and red flowers (don't know the name). I even bought some large pieces of grass to fill in the dead areas.
My goodness, my muscles really hurt last night.

Today I pigged out on colas. I had 3 diet colas today! tomorrow I drink gallons of water to make amends.

Tina
Old 10-22-2001, 11:56 AM   #2  

Hi everyone

I didn't pass away I just haven't been doing anything for months. It's time for me to get moving. I haven't weighed in for I don't know how long & I know I've gained weight. Woke up this AM & there's snow outside!!! Normally I'd use that as an excuse not to go for a walk, but I really have to get doing something so right after I post this I'm putting on my jacket & heading out for a half hour walk. Today I will watch what I put into my mouth(no more chocolate bars or chocolate muffins etc). I've just been a regular porker.

I hope everyone has a good day OP & today is the start for me

I'll be back to post when I come home from work & let you know whether I stuck to my guns.

Tina You make me envious!! We're getting snow & you're planting flowers!!

maureen
Old 10-22-2001, 03:51 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Greetings group,

Maureen, I knew you were out there somewhere! Welcome back to WW. Did you get to walk this morning? I just can't believe it's snowing somewhere.
How are your sons & husband? I guess you are very settled into your new (?) home now. It's been awhile since you moved.

Hey girl, I see that you are jumping ship and going to the Friday Weigh In thread
We would be glad for you to stay here--but, no pressure.

Tammy, how are you today?
Susan, did you have a hard time waking up for school after the weekend?

Dee, did you work overtime this weekend?

Sis, I have my fingers crossed for you. You'll get to your goal.

Tina
Old 10-22-2001, 08:02 PM   #4  

You are planting flowers Tina? I am ready to pull ours out! Need to save the icky part of the marigolds and use them for new plants next year. I think planting silk flowers would be much easier.

Snow Maureen? I am not ready for that yet. It was about 75 here today. Of course, I spent time on Saturday putting in the storm windows in our family room. This afternoon I wanted the screens back in!

My BP is doing much better than it was on Thursday! Sure was scary.

I need to call the dentist tomorrow. I either lost part of a tooth tonight or part of a filling. It's a never ending battle with me lately. Seems like there is always something going wrong.

Have a good week everyone!!
Old 10-22-2001, 08:14 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

I guess planting flowers does seem a bit different to most of you. Here, people have been planting more for a couple of weeks. Do y'all plant mums or is it too cold???

I did pretty well OP today. I guess weigh in will tell if I'm changing gears to lose.

Tina
Old 10-22-2001, 10:23 PM   #6  

Some of the neighbors have mums out. They are so pretty! They put sheets over them on the nights that there is a chance of frost. Don't think that will be this week! I can't believe how warm it was and will be all week. So much for wearing my Halloween sweatshirt for the party on Friday. It will be too warm.

Tim was still sweeping up leaves tonight in the dark. Glad the mower has headlights! The town picks up leaves every day if they are out by the street. We live right at the edge of town so ours are usually blown around with the traffic that is speeding up when leaving town.

Time to hit the pillow. Have I ever told you guys how much I like sleep????????????????????
Old 10-23-2001, 12:49 AM   #7  

Good evening all

I stuck to program today & I did go for my walk. Tina, it's been a yr since we moved & I'm still having problems with my 2 sons(they can't seem to budget their money & are always borrowing from us-they never seem to give it back). My husband says that the bank of kempster is now closed & they're either going to have to smarten up or be out on the street. I know that that's the only way they'll learn & I have to stick to my guns even though it will be hard.

My oldest son got remarried Oct 13 in Calgary. Geoff(my husband was in Ottawa, so I went down) it was a very small but nice ceremony.

Since I was last on these boards I've gone back to my old employer(got a 6000. a yr raise & the use of a car)-my hours are 2PM to 10PM & I'm really glad to be back there. I was gone for 3 yrs but it seems like I never left. More money & less pressure.

Well here's to another day & I will be back tomorrow.

take care

maureen
Old 10-23-2001, 10:16 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

It's another beautiful day.
Tammy, is it report card time there? My sister teaches and is busy doing her cards. Would you believe, the kids receive them on Halloween. That seems like a real trick.

Maureen, I'm happy you are enjoying your work. Wow, what a raise!!!!!
Children, we love them so & they can be so exasperating. Our son is at a job that's not going anyplace. He is stymied. I keep offering "wonderful" suggestions of work. We have a friend at church that's a lawyer and maybe could get him a job where she is. The son will not call her.
David does editing, proofreading, tele-marketing, computing. He was a journalism major in college.
It's very frustrating when he won't take advice. But, he's a grown person now.

Susan, are you still with us?

Dee, Laura, Linda, Sis???????? How's it going?

I'm going to get my hair cut today. Yea----maybe an ounce less weight.

Tina
Old 10-23-2001, 09:17 PM   #9  

Yes, it is grade card time here too. The end of the 9 weeks is this Friday. We have to turn the grade cards in to the principal the following Friday so he can sign all of them. (pretty silly thing to do. Must have a boring life!) The students will receive them on Nov. 5. We'll have conferences after school on Nov. 8 and 15. Makes for a looooonnnnnggggggggggggg day.

Maureen, your old job sounds like a Godsend for you! My hubby's brother sounds like your sons! Sometimes they just have to be forced to grow up and face the consequences of their choices. It is hard to do though.

We just heard this week that a local factory is closing down the summer of 2002. They had already cut way back on employees, but still had 300 working. People that have been there for 25+ years will be out of a job. So sad.

My hubby had planned to get a part-time job to help supplement the real estate income. I think he's going to have a hard time. Scary.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:04 AM   #10  

Hi all

Just about finished with day 2 & even though I cheated & had a chocolate bar I still managed to stay under my points. Does anyone else have a problem with chocolate? It drives me nuts & always seem to have cravings for it. I wish I could eat so much of it that I'd get sick & never want to eat it again!!!

Tammy to bad about the factory closing down. I always hate to hear about companies closing. Alberta seems to be booming right now. Here in Edmonton I see signs all over looking for help. I know our office is pretty busy. We send out general labourers to different companies & we're sending out over 200 men a day.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow & I'm going to keep coming back it may keep me honest on my program.

take care

maureen
Old 10-24-2001, 10:28 AM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Happy Wednesday,
Tammy, I've been wondering how things are going on the real
estate front. Any more sales? I hope!!!!

Maureen, you can do this!! I'm so glad you have decided to stick with it. And, YES, I don't know of anyone who doesn't have a problem with chocolate. When we were in San Francisco, of course, we went to the Ghiradelli shops. I was happy with myself for coming home with only
one candy bar for myself.

I hope Susan isn't ill. We haven't heard from her in ages.

Okay group, I'm on my way out to walk. Good for me.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:13 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Me again.
Okay, now I have a mini goal. My good friend,who lives 2 hrs. from me has invited me and Larry up for a weekend in November.
So, I have at least 2 weeks before going. I'm shooting for losing 4 pounds by then. Is this possible---maybe losing lots of water retention???? Y'all help me keep focused between now and then.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:33 PM   #13  

I NEVER have a problem with chocolate. Yea, right. Love that stuff!!!

Real estate has not been a booming business here. He had the 3 sales last spring, but nothing since then.

Tina, you can lose those pounds by the get-away weekend to your friends. Good luck!!

One of our high school students died early this morning. Not sure of the details. I've heard that she had been sick and died in her sleep, I also heard suicide. She was only a sophomore. I didn't know her, but my high school aides both knew her.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:51 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

I'm sorry about the high school girl dying. I imagine it will affect the whole school.
Tammy, I'm sorry your blood pressure was up. Hopefully, by losing more weight, that will bring it down some. How is your eye doing? Are the stitches out yet?

Susan----where are you??????????

Maureen, how are you doing, girl?

Do y'all remember Jill? I think her wedding is in November. I wish she'd write again.

Dee, do you have to work late this weekend?

Sis, are you weighing in tonight? Good luck!!!

Good luck to everyone with staying OP today. Take it easy.

Tina
Old 10-27-2001, 12:22 AM   #15  
Thursday Team

Hi girls

Yep I work this weekend, but it's not so bad at times. I only work on Sat normally, and didnt volunteer for Sun...LOL...let someone else do that day. Nothing much planned for tomorrow, have a soccer game to watch...last one this year

Hang in there Tina, you'll loose them pounds before your mini vacation! Just remember to drink lots of water. How did your walk go on Wednesday? Did you get to walk the other days too?

Mmmmmmmmm chocolate.... gee I sound like Bart Simpson now. I dont have troubles with chocolate, I love it and it loves my hips and thighs *haha* But as long as you counted it in your points and didnt eat the whole bag Im sure you'll be fine Maureen. I can agree with your idea bout eating so much of it you never want it again....so far it hasnt happened.

Ok Im off to lala land have a great weekend everyone and do your best to stay OP!
Dee
Closed Thread