Old 01-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188

Height: 5'2"

Default I have a consultation on Friday

So I have my consultation on Friday and I'm nervous. I've been reading a lot of reviews online and most of them saying LAWL is a rip off, and I'll be pushed into buying the bars. What if they tell me I have to buy the bars and all the other stuff? I've read horror stories of the centers being really nice until you tell them you don't want the bars and once they get your money they are very rude. Do I have to sign a contract?

Please tell me good things about LAWL and that it's not a rip off.
Martini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #2  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jes! Welcome to 3FC, and to LAWL.

I've only been on the plan for 3 weeks, but already I've lost 12 lbs, so I'm very happy with the results. The lites are not mandatory, but if you opt not to buy the lites, my understanding is that they will not guarantee your success. Also, if you do choose to buy the lites you are not obligated to buy them up front in bulk. They will push you to do that, and even offer financing, but it's still your option to buy them one box at a time.

I am using the lites, but I only occasionally buy a box at the COD. The rest I either ordered off Ebay for 1/2 the price, or are substitutes, like Luna bars, that cost a lot less.

Don't worry too much, there will be a sales pitch, but you are the customer and you decide yes or no. You did not throw your money away. The plan works, with or without the lites. You'll find success stories on here who used them, and some who didn't.

The hardest thing for me to accept with this plan is that I'm eating so much and still losing weight. Very rarely have I felt hungry, maybe twice, because snacks are built in.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your decision to join, and be sure to stick around here for advice and support when you need it.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I've been reading a lot of reviews online and most of them saying LAWL is a rip off, and I'll be pushed into buying the bars. LAWL is not a rip off. If the program didn't work, they wouldn't be in business so long. Look at our tickers to see that the program works. And we are from all walks of like, all areas of the country and Canada (and some even further), all ages, all lifestyles. The program works.

What if they tell me I have to buy the bars and all the other stuff? They will tell you that you have to buy the bars unless you can't do them for medical reasons. You don't have to, but they will tell you they can't "guarantee" your weight loss. All this means is that if you do the bars, they "gurantee" a weight loss of 2lb/week. If you lose more slowly than that while doing the bars, you can continue to go until you lose the weight with no additional weekly fee (see, they make their money still because you are still buying the bars during this time). After you make it to your goal, if you are within 5lb of your goal weight at the six month and 12 month mark during maintenance, you will get 1/4 of the weeks you purchased returned at each of those times. If you don't do the bars, you will pay for your weeks that you may need after your initial purchase until you reach your goal weight. And you're not eligible for the 1/4 refunds. That's all. You actually spend more on the bars per week than you would on the program, so they want you doing the bars. There are many girls on here who are losing without the bars. Some of them can't tolerate soy, for others they don't like them. I personally like them and think you should give them a try if you can. I didn't purchase the big bulk package. I purchase about 10 boxes of 14 bars (a week's worth) at a time for about $200. Remember, you can always change your mind.

I've read horror stories of the centers being really nice until you tell them you don't want the bars and once they get your money they are very rude. The horror stories are there, but they are also there at Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, NutriSystem, etc. It's a people business and some people in this world are nice and some aren't. Bottom line is you are the customer and you are paying for a service. If you are not getting the service you expect and deserve, you go to the center manager. If that doesn't help, you call the 800 corporate number. Again, it's a service business and if the service isn't there and the program doesn't work, they will go out of business.
Do I have to sign a contract? Yes, but... You will pay for your weight loss weeks (at 2lb/week) and 6 weeks of stabilization and 52 weeks of maintenance up front. If you choose to cancel, you can. Read the contract and you will see that you're agreeing to a weight loss program for x amount of dollars.

Please tell me good things about LAWL and that it's not a rip off. There is a thread a few pages back that I wrote called "Thoughts on the Program" that you should read. Bottom line is that it's not cheap, but if you think about it, the weekly fee is still less than WW, and if you don't do the bars, that's your only fee. You just pay for maintenance also. If you do the bars, you're still under $30/week. I look at it this way. Before LAWL I would stop at 7-11 every weekday morning and get a sandwich, chips and soda. It was between $5-$6/day or $25-$30/week. I could afford that, so I can afford this. I simply transferred the money I was spending eating unhealthy junk into a program that has helped me lose weight. If you look at your budget, you will probably find one habit you won't be doing anymore. Morning Starbucks? Drive-thru vice? Going out to lunch every day? You get the picuture.

Good luck and I hope this helps. Let us know how your consultation turns out.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188

Height: 5'2"

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the posts. I feel better about my decision. Thanks!
Martini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #5  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Jes, my maiden name is Martini, so I already have happy thoughts about you. I hope you do join the program...you won't be sorry!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

FYI,

My COD said that they stopped doing the refunds at the 6 month and 12 month during the maintenance phase. I do not know if this is at all COD's or not.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #7  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Ours is still doing them here..
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #8  

Ours is still doing them. Either way, it will be in your contract, so they can't change their mind in the middle of your program.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Exactly.. If it's in there, you get it!..

Like Cassi, I was spending so much money on crap food that by way of comparison, the plan, even with lites, is pretty ecomical.. It does suck that they make you pay up front, but hey.. At least that's part of the incentive to keep you coming back.

They also have a "care credit" plan that you can pay off in monthly installments.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Soooo, how did the consult go?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #11  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Cassi...........you should really save a copy of your reply to this, and then you can copy and paste it each time someone new starts. We all had the same concerns, and most newbies do..........and you obviously took a lot of time and care to answer these questions so thoroughly. You truly are the best!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #12  

Nicole, you are too sweet.