Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #1  

Default Selection Plan

Does anyone know where I can get a food companion for the Selection Plan, Quick Start, or any program that used food selections and not points? I already checked ebay.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #2  
banned

is this what you want?

6 breads, 3 proteins, 2 fats , 2 fruits, 3 veggies
Old 01-30-2007, 06:52 PM   #3  
banned

you can order the richard simmons programm bc theres is the same and it comes w a book
Old 01-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want to do something so limited and diet like but:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...selection+plan

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...selection+plan

are a couple of threads I found talking about selections. One has a link for another site (don't know if it is still valid but...)
Old 01-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #5  
banned

i agree kelly... i went to LAWL recently and aside from the cost, it was bc i didnt wanna count my selections bc thats how they do it if you cant medically have soy based replacement foods. which i cant.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:49 PM   #6  

Thanks, I actually know the selection plan but I'm looking for the Food Companion that breaks the foods down into the different selections like they now have for Points.
For those who just can't understand why I would want to do the Selection Plan- do you really need to understand? I asked the question hoping for help and not criticism. If you must know I tried the Points and after losing a few pounds I do not lose anymore probably because I just have to much freedom. So I am choosing to do the selection plan as a way to jumpstart my weight loss because that is what I want to do. If I choose to go back to the Points plan maybe I will and maybe I won't. Again, its because its what I want to do and not really for anyone else to understand.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #7  
banned

http://www.richardsimmonsstore.com/
the foodmover program gives the book w the break downs
Old 01-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettynpink View Post
For those who just can't understand why I would want to do the Selection Plan- do you really need to understand? I asked the question hoping for help and not criticism. If you must know I tried the Points and after losing a few pounds I do not lose anymore probably because I just have to much freedom. So I am choosing to do the selection plan as a way to jumpstart my weight loss because that is what I want to do. If I choose to go back to the Points plan maybe I will and maybe I won't. Again, its because its what I want to do and not really for anyone else to understand.
I apologize if you took my statement as criticism because it was totally not intended that way at all. I hope you accept this as an apology.

Have you looked at the Core part of W/W? It really does help go back to the basics of healthy eating but still allowing you some weekly points to make it liveable.

In defense of myself, the reason I say it is because I have been on selections, fat&fiber, and points/core. I had to follow one of the Points Pies (which is one one of the links) very close until I actually could grasp points and healthy eating.

Again I am sorry if I offended you because it was not what I intended to do.

I am not sure where you can find the old selection stuff unless by chance someone on e-bay has some. The closest you'll probably find is the Richard Simmons stuff.

However I do have a bunch of Cookbooks from back then...let me know if you want the titles (they have some info in the books too) and you can look at your local used book store for them.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #9  

Thank you.
And yes, I know all about the Points Pie but that is not easy to do. Again, there is no food companion that breaks out the points of foods into the different food categories so I still wouldn't know that I was following points program exactly. I don't eat basic foods I eat combination foods so if I eat a slice of pizza that is 6 points (just making up) I would like to know that 2 were bread points, and 4 were protein points (again making up). There is nothing available that breaks that down. I have tried to figure it out myself and it is very difficult so I step away from the pie and just follow the points and never lose. So that is why I'm doing the Selection Plan and that is why I'm looking for a food companion from that program. The Richard Simmons program doesn't have a comprehensive food companion.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #10  
banned

well excuse me for trying to help. we seem to have a bit of a 'tude' dont we? why do you bother asking for help if youre just gonna bite everyones head off when they offer it?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

Pretty, I'm afraid you are not going to find it just based on the fact that it was from many, many years (it's been in excess of 10 years that the points have been around) ago.

We provided you with some information and I offered to give you names of some cookbooks from back then that might provide some insight.

You really jumped our cases for trying to help the best we can.

The points pie really isn't that different than the old selection plans....

The only difference is the fact that starchy veggies are in the vegetable cateogry and breads are now complex carbs if they are whole grains. I would be willing to help you to understand iteventually it does become easier. Additionally the Core program is really a good way to eat healthy, be satisified and not fall into the simple carb trap.

Even if you eat all simple carbs (not advise able cuz you'll probalby be hungry) for all your points without doing the dairy, healthy oils, protein you still should lose...maybe not as good as if you followed the 8 Good Health Guidelines but you'd still lose unless there was some underlying issue such as a medical problem.

For a slice of pizza if it is say 6 points...there is about 3/4-1 oz of cheese on it (that is 1/2 to 2/3 of a dairy), bread (will always be a simple carb), sauce is a zero point veggie (for the most part but not a full serving). If there was at least 1/2 a cup of veggies on there that would be a full veggie serving.

Please remember we are trying to help and I linked a couple of threads and we tried to help the best we could.

No one is trying to force you into doing something you don't want to but if you can't find the info it probably isn't in existence anymore.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #12  
banned

thanks kelly
Old 02-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #13  

Pretty, when I was going through things recently I found my old Fast Food Companion that lists the foods with the selections. If I found that, there is a chance that I have the other book somewhere, but who knows.

I do have a book called Exchange Lists for Meal Planning that is from the American Diabetes Association. It has a publication date of 2003. I think it has pretty much what you are looking for (combination foods), but it is not a large section for them. You might check their website and see if it is still available.

http://store.diabetes.org

Also has this site listed www.eatright.org

Good luck!!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #14  

I just went to their website and typed in the title. A list of available books came up. The one that I have is $2.50. If you have a local chapter, you might be able to check with them, or even check with your doctor or a dietician at a hospital.

The reason that some people need the selections is because they are diabetic, my husband is one. They need to balance the food they eat with the insulin the body makes. It's important to eat about the same amount of the different food groups at the same time each day.

Hope that helps!!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #15  
Cowboy Up Chick

Tammy, Just so you know (this is purely just info and a tidbit of useless info) the frozen dinners no longer list this info on the boxes. We had another thread about it.

That I understand completely however if you read her posts that doesn't appear to be the case here.
Closed Thread