Old 01-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Eating RAMPAGE! of sorts!

Last night I went CRAZY! I don't know what it was, I could NOT get enough to eat!!!

OK that's the BAD news....

the GOOD news is, that after I surveyed the damage this morning, turns out I had a bowl of cereal (high fibre with skim milk), a bunch of grapes, a bag of 100 cal popcorn and diet soda.

that's pretty SAD... I used to be able to put away 1/2 bag Doritos and 1/2 carton of ice cream without batting an EYE!!!

So while I'm not loving the "out of control" binge, I'm so happy there was nothing in the house that could really have ruined me LOL, a few extra calories sure, but nothing completely worthless at least!

How are others coping with the late at night munchies, or that "oh my god why am i even bothering - just EAT, be fat, who cares???" mentality?

have a good week!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

First off, WAY TO GO on your "binge". That has been the only kind of binge that I have had since starting this journey. Similar anyway. I did have a run in with a 1/2 box high fiber cereal, but whatever. I too was thankful at that point that there was nothing "worse" in my house. I too hated the out of control binge-like feeling, which is good. Lord knows in the past it never bothered me at all. And let's just suffice it to say it involved a bit more then a 1/2 box of cereal. But the fact that you (we) didn't like it is a great thing. It pushes you (us) right back on track. That right there is a huge difference. Nevermind baby steps, that is a gigantic step. I still believe these things are gonna happen from time to time, for whatever reason. That's part of the plan. The key is to get right back on the program.

The "OMG why am I even bothering, just eat, be fat, who cares" mentality, that's a whole other story.

You have got to change your thinking process. Try not to look at it as what you are giving up, the food, the temporary enjoyment of some morsels. Look at is what you will be GAINING - a better, happier, longer, more active and productive life. That is sooo much better then any temporary enjoyment food could possibly give you. I urge you to hang in there, it really, really gets so much easier when you've been doing this for a few weeks. Those few weeks will quickly turn into a couple of months, you WILL start to see improvements, then a couple months will pass and you will start to see MAJOR, BIG TIME improvements. There is no reason you can't have the life you so very much so deserve. There is no need to settle for second best.

Hang in there! Hang in there. Hang in there! It is so very worth it. I promise you. I'm not wrong on this one.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Trazey,

I was feeling some major guilt last night, too. Hubby and I spent the day together shopping. I 'treated' myself to lunch at Chili's, some special chocolates from the candy store, a mocha latte and two bowls of chili for dinner. Also, I didnt get in my 60 minutes on the treadmill. So, last night, I was feeling fat.
Well, when I survey my damage....At Chilis, I orderd a Southbeach friendly chicken breast with bacon and cheese and steamed broccoli to replace the smashed potatoes. I also drank water instead of my usual margaritas. For a mid afternoon snack, I picked up a PoBoy sandwich and ate the meat and chesse and threw away the bun. At the candy shop, hubby and I got 3 pieces each of sugar-free chocolate and my latte was with lowfat milk and Splenda. The chili was from a Southbeach diet recipe. I probably shouldnt of had two bowls, but it couldnt have done much damage. And, we walked all over the place.
I didn't blow my diet, afterall! I just had things that I don't get to have everyday. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a lifestyle change and not just a diet that can be cheated on. Do I want to live the rest of my life locked up in the house, eating the same things and being a slave to the treadmill at the 'Y.' No Way!
We can do this! One day at a time! And, this is our lifestyle now.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Hey Trazey you're 'bingeing' on healthy stuff - well done! And the 'binge' sounds pretty modest to me. I don't know what it was but I had a bit of a blow out last night (and mine was sugary stuff - didn't have it in the house but lets say I went out and found some and invited it back to my place!!). Think there are just times when you feel like eating anything and everything. However, I know people who aren't overweight who do that too - just think what you're doing is normal and fleeting thing and then just get back on track with your otherwise flawless plan!

EM
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #5  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Grapes binge. Mmm... For days that you just can't get enough- try this: Delicious smoothie with a little bit of oats and or flax seeds, or soup with a serving of flax seeds. Great tasting and very filling.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post

The "OMG why am I even bothering, just eat, be fat, who cares" mentality, that's a whole other story.
I say that every single day! This is a battle every day.

When I want to binge.. I ask myself am I hungry? if I am .. I will eat. I will also tell myself that I should have planned better.. not let myself get so hungry that I end up binging.

If I'm not hungry... then before I binge (cause I'm gonna!!!) I have to first pause - and think about how I'm feeling. The other day I was angry. I want to at least first acknowlege what I'm feeling. Why I'm covering up that feeling with food? I don't know the answer to that. But I must atleast admit it.

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

Hi there

I think you did really well in that you ate low fat healthy stuff. I mean it could of been a lot lot worse. You didn't go for chocolate or ice cream or pizza. Well done for making the good choices.

I have days like that too. Yesterday I ate 2 bags of air popped popcorn while watching a movie. But it was 100 cals in total.

Don't let it get you down. Everyone has bad days. Best to acknowledge it happened and move on. Todays a new day. If you keep going over an over it, your going to keep obsessing about eating and that not what you want honey!

Deb x
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #8  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Yes you made healthier choices and that's a great thing! Part of you doesn't understand why you just had to eat and eat and eat! I know how that feels. Part of this journey is to find out what our triggers are and how to avoid them. The problem I have is later on I'll give in to one bad food, and then I'm back on the same old path because I never changed my eating patterns or identified the causes of why I turn to food! So for now it's fine that the food binges are better food, but why do we binge? It would be best for us to find out why so we removed the habit entirely! I'm still guilty of it too!
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:43 PM   #9  
journey girl

S/C/G: 325/323/160

Height: 5'8"

Yes - I think for me the key will be to being willing to face whatever it is I'm avoiding by bingeing. For as long as I can remember, bingeing/compulsive overeating has (momentarily) allowed me to avoid sadness, loneliness, depression, anger, and even happy emotions for some reason. My struggle is to learn to be OK with feeling these things and to learn the much more constructive and healthy ways to deal with them.
kaepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:18 AM   #10  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Isn't it wonderful to realize that our 'bad' days are getting so much 'better' . . . well, 'less bad' Do you think we are finally learning something? I know I was amazed that my birthday binge; while definitely not a good eating kind of day; was so much better than it would have been a year or to ago.

Yippee and many thanks to 3FC and all the wonderful support around here. Have a great moving and shaking kind of day, Chickies.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote