Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default I feel like an absolute slug

It is 4w1d. I'm tired, nauseous, dizzy, gassy, absent-minded, and clumsy. My 16 month old has apparently hit her terrible twos a few months early, so I'm also stressed and insane. I have to walk the dogs, get my oil changed, go to work, pick up DD and play with her after work, and cook a nutritious dinner (we've hit pizza quota for the week), all while I'm having trouble working up the energy to take a shower. My caffeine levels are grossly insufficient for this and they will be for the next 9 months. Oops 15 months since I plan to BF for a min of 6 months, probably more.

So.

I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed and needed to vent. I have a night out with the girls scheduled for tomorrow and a massage in 2 weeks, but I'm afraid my head will explode in the meantime.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #2  

I hear you Anne. I'm 8wk2d and I just can't make myself move. Nausea and vomiting are a constant. And because I'm unreasonable, I've been worrying about how you count calories if you don't know how much stayed down. Vent away and I hope we both feel better soon.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

i'm 9w5d and feel the same way since battleing the worst cold i've ever had. i'm so in the mood for some caffiene it's not even funny and i just found out yesterday that my glucose levels are a tiny bit high and so have to limit my sugar too. i feel like every thing i could look forward to is being taken away and i just want to stay in bed until i can breathe through my nose again. if it makes you feel better, i lost my balance after turning around too fast this morning and pinballed off the wall and doorway out of the bathroom (not hurt, just embarrassed even though no one saw me). this is my first pregnancy, but i hear the second trimester is better. i'm keeping my fingers crossed! feel free to vent anytime! lori
wezi1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #4  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

It will get better, just hang on. 3 cups of coffee a day is ok - NO MORE. I am still not exercising at almost 19 weeks, but that is laziness and scheduling problems, not the utter exhaustion of 1st trimester.
If glucose is high - watch out for all refined carbs (white flour, white rice) as well as sugar.
Also, Mommys can have time-outs too. My 3 yr old has found buttons on me to push that I didn't even know were there. Even my Mom didn't know about these ones! :-)
Kim
18w6d
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #5  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I cannot make it through one day without an accidental nap (meaning my almost 3 year old is watching t.v. and I am laying down to relieve the pressure on this muscle in my tummy that is stretching when I can't fight sleep any more) that ends with making waking up to a pillow o' drool. All that plus the equivalent of a 12 lb baby and a month to go! My child will learn how to work the DVD player before the birth probably. We've also given up anything that requires more prep than sliding out of a box as of tomorrow when my husband goes to the grocery store. He says he will cook, but between his 40 minute long after-work poop session and "unwinding" at the computer for another hour my child is half starved so I end up cooking anyway. NO MORE! We'll be relying on Stauffer's and Marie Callendar.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #6  

Well, I showered, got the dogs walked, put off the oil change for yet another day, did an OK job at work, picked up DD, and had DH pick up a rotisserie chicken on the way home. Then about 5 min before DH walks in, DD starts to vomit for no apparent reason. She seems otherwise fine and happy, but I'm checking. I'm still allowed coffee in moderate doses (to the extent I can stomach it), but exercise a reasonable amount of restraint for obvious reasons.

Zzzzzz....

Hang in there ladies. We'll make it.

Anne
Old 01-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #7  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

Just felt compelled to reply. We have been trying to get pregnant for over a year, and just this month we are both seeking medical intervention.
Please count your blessings. I'd give all the fatigue, heartburn, dizzy spells, and all the other wonderful things pregnancy gives you (I do have an almost 6 year old so I know what you're going through) just to be pregnant again.

You'll soon forget about all these pregnancy woes. Its all worth it at the end.
MomToKaylaAndTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #8  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Jenn, while I am really sorry that you are not yet blessed with a second baby, please don't come into a PREGNANCY SUPPORT FORUM and make people feel guilty for venting. Every person had their own set of problems...nobody lives a perfect life.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #9  

I just wanted to spread a glimmer of hope. I am at 11 weeks and over the last week or 10 days have started feeling human again. I swear it is harder on us to be pregnant while chasing a toddler since you can't be as lazy and selfish as you want to be. Not saying you first timers are lazy and selfish at all, but I know I sure was a lot more than I can be now!

I agree, sometimes Marie Callender (sp?) has to cook. Sometimes the oil change can wait another week. Sometimes you eat lunch at your desk so you get your full lunch hour to sleep. Sometimes you don't give the toddler a bath so you can have one instead.

A few more weeks and you may start to feel better. I was thinking that it was never going to improve this time. I'm not saying I'm up for hopping on the treadmill and cooking a gourmet healthy food, but maybe I'll be up for more than grilled cheese tonight.

Jenn, I am sorry that you are going through this, but please know that all of us feel very blessed. Since you have gone through pregnancy before you know how miserable your miracle can make you! Add in the hormones and we sound like a bunch of whiners. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get to come here and complain with us very soon!
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #10  

Default Sad news

I ended up with a miscarriage at 7 weeks. While it is very hard to deal with, I'm taking a lot of joy and comfort in DD right now, and I expect that we will try again in a couple of months. I also feel very good physically for the first time in a while, which seems to be helping my mood.

Here's wishing everyone with unhappy symptoms better 2nd trimesters, and healthy, happy babies. I'll catch up again in a few months.

Anne
Old 02-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #11  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Anne!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote